3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Has anyone starting watching this? I'm reading the books and the books are really good.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Good IMDB reviews. It's next on my queue for stuff to catch up

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the 1st 2 episodes.

I think it's good so far, but not great either.

Some shows are superb immediately after 1 episode. Some shows take a few episodes to become great.

The Expanse may fall into the later category.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw the 1st 2 episodes.

I think it's good so far, but not great either.

Some shows are superb immediately after 1 episode. Some shows take a few episodes to become great.

The Expanse may fall into the later category.
The books are awesome....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I am digging this show. I did not know there were books. I really like the story idea for this show so I will be checking out the books.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just completed the last bookbook in that series. Looking forward to the TV series.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I binge watched season 1 yesterday. I mostly enjoyed it, and as soon as one episode ended I couldn't wait to start the next to find out what happens. But I doubt it's the sort of series I'd watch over and over. There are two things about the series thus far that irritated me. #1, the scenes with Avasarala all made me tap my foot, battle an urge to offer her a throat lozenge, and wonder how long I'd have to wait until the next Jim or Miller scene. And #2, I don't appreciate the bait and switch in the main theme of the story. I invested my attention expecting... Oh, I dunno, something more like Battlestar Galactica than... well, I'm not going to spoil it.

(But still, I wonder what's going to happen to Jim? If this were a Peter Hamilton series, Holden would reach a glorious apotheosis and save the galaxy. If it were George R. R. Martin, he'd randomly get stabbed in the eye and sodomized. I'm guessing James Corey probably leans more toward the Hamilton direction?)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
the scenes with Avasarala all made me tap my foot, battle an urge to offer her a throat lozenge
HAHAHA

I think this show is by far one of the best ScyFy channel produced in a very long time.
I started to read first book, but haven't have enough spare time to continue.
From what reviewers said on the nets, books are quick slow and it's quite hard to translate it to captivating TV

I didn't not expect the end of last episode... Don't think many did, despite early spoilers...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
#1, the scenes with Avasarala all made me tap my foot, battle an urge to offer her a throat lozenge...
LOL. I agree. Irritating for sure. :)

Well, I guess I better continue watching this series. Only on Ep 3.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I completed the first episode last night and I'm surprised at how closely it kept to the book. Hopefully, it will continue this. I hope Avasarala begins to talk like she does in the book. I pegged her for being causcasion with a sari fetish based on her language, not Indian. That was a surprise to me.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hope Avasarala begins to talk like she does in the book.
So they miscast her?

Unless they change the current actress with another actress, I don't think she is going to change the way she talks, do you? :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
So they miscast her?

Unless they change the current actress with another actress, I don't think she is going to change the way she talks, do you? :)
I meant colorful metaphors intertwined gracefully with the F-Bomb

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I completed the second episode and although it follows the book fairly closely in plot development, I find a few things a little off. Maybe its my memory.

1) Naiomi's character is too strong and bull headed when compared to her character in the book. Holden was the clear leader of the group and had respect from everyone including Naiomi. In the TV series, Naiomi is running the show..
2) Amos isn't bald.. WTF? All kidding aside, he's too uptight and too intense to be Amos.
3) Alex appears to be too Hipster for me. No drawl...gets too excited during near death where Alex was playing it cool.

Hoping this will rectify itself as the series progresses.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hopefully they would pick up the pace. I like suspense, but the cliffhanger at end of S1 they left us with for such a long break is very annoying...
The books are slow moving so don't expect expect the pace to pick up anytime soon.

My only complaint with the series is how how they casted Amos. His personality in the book is so much different then what is being portrayed. Amos in the book was relaxed, very amiable, and trusted the captain from the word get go. The only thing they got right was him being deadly.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Decided to watch it. Pretty realistic space scens, it seems. No banking of spacecrafts to turn but flipping and thrusters. Same old humanity story, greed, power, corruption, etc.

But enjoyed it. $8 for 4 episodes the others were free. Recording the next season; easy to delete, hard to get it free afterwards.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I power watched Season 1 and started Season 2 yesterday. The effects, acting are all top notch. This is one awesome series so far.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis