New to the community. Bryston Model T question...

S

Serf

Audiophyte
Hi everyone!
A recent Audioholic member but a long time audiophile with a background in professional djing and sound setup.
My question is regarding the Bryston Model T tower speakers. Who here has auditioned them and what are their characteristics? In view of their sheer size, one would suspect that few speakers can compete with SPL levels while maintaining definition and wide stage. Is this true for the Model T? What are their pro's vs. cons?
I will be potentially replacing my B&W CM6 s1 with the Mr. T's.

TIA

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Welcome to Audioholics :)!
My question is regarding the Bryston Model T tower speakers. Who here has auditioned them and what are their characteristics? In view of their sheer size, one would suspect that few speakers can compete with SPL levels while maintaining definition and wide stage. Is this true for the Model T? What are their pro's vs. cons?
I will be potentially replacing my B&W CM6 s1 with the Mr. T's.
I have not heard these speakers, so my comments are indirect.

It seems Bryston, a well-respected amplifier maker, has partnered with another Canadian company, speaker maker Axiom (with an unfortunately lesser reputation), to offer these. When they were first announced, there was a very long thread about them: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/bryston-model-t-floorstanding-speakers.84758/. The reaction to the Model Ts was mixed at best. The biggest con for these speaker seemed to be the very high price.

Bryston claims a sensitivity for these speakers of 89 dB. B&W claims 88 dB for the CM6. One of them is either measuring wrong or exaggerating. However loudness (SPL) alone is not a good overall measure of how good a speaker sounds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis