New Bamboo speaker design feedback

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
A company's priority is a business decision, whether it's performance, aesthetics or price. As long as the company doesn't misrepresent itself, it can be exceedingly virtuous and honorable regardless of its niche.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
A company's priority is a business decision, whether it's performance, aesthetics or price. As long as the company doesn't misrepresent itself, it can be exceedingly virtuous and honorable regardless of its niche.
+1

B

bruno16

Audiophyte
@TLS Guy @Steve81 Apologies for the delayed response been a busy weekend!

Answer from our engineer: "The width of a speaker has an impact on some low frequencies. The wider it is, the lower the impact is. You can compensate this impact by using a filter (means basically electronic components like self, condensator and resistor) to adapt the signal to lower the impact. But this impact is quite low, especially when the speaker is in a full room. As the coiled bamboo is very special and as is the shape, we just made a number of iterations of the speaker and tried it, then modify, then tried it again, etc"

@mtrycrafts is quite right in pointing out that whilst we have put a lot of time into making sure the internals are up to scratch the reasons behind the build and the reason people will hopefully buy them is down to their handmade design, craftmanship and the impact they have on the rural vietnamese community. We have always made sure the sound quality wasn't forgotten about though. We're aware the majority of people here most likely aren't our target market however thought it would be valuable to get your feedback, which I think it has been!

We're launching a Kickstarter this evening, so I'll post the link here later and any feedback you guys have on that would be much appreciated too, and any other questions, feel free to fire away!

S

Sx57

Enthusiast
Man,beautiful it is,beautiful.it would be good to see some measurements if possible.

B

bruno16

Audiophyte
@Sx57 most measurements are on the kickstarter page (link above) any specific ones that aren't on there you'd like, let me know :)

S

Sx57

Enthusiast
@Sx57 most measurements are on the kickstarter page (link above) any specific ones that aren't on there you'd like, let me know :)
Thanks but I think I am missing something.I couldn't find audio measurements like the one BoredSysAdmin linked to in the above post.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis