Need Speaker Stands!

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
I have built AV shelves based on cinder blocks for my LS50 and it works ... I also think is not that bad looking.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have built AV shelves based on cinder blocks for my LS50 and it works ... I also think is not that bad looking.

Wow! Did not know that you had the LS50's. Congrats! How do they sound? They sure look amazing! Lucky you!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You can add additional material to the top plate :)
To the Dayton stands? How would I go about doing that? Remember, these Linbrooks are very heavy. Not to mention very deep for a standmount. Just saying.......

Cheers,

Phil

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Wow! Did not know that you had the LS50's. Congrats! How do they sound? They sure look amazing! Lucky you!

Cheers,

Phil
They sound amazing ... will add a better sub down the road and I will be set for a long time!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you ever seen my A/V-2s? :)

8x8" top plate, which is why I bought them. They don't offer these anymore.

But the A/V-2s overhang by a few inches front and rear.

The top plate of those you listed is 6 5/8 x 8 - should be OK for large speakers, just need something skid-proof on top. As you can see, mine have screw holes that were supposed to be for spikes, but you could use those to attach a piece of wood to fully support. I've had these stands for years with a number of speakers on them and never had one come off. Those don't look like they have the screw holes in the top plates, but you could use a clamp system.

My surrounds were also A/V-2s and they were on even smaller plates and they were OK too. I used some drawer liner to keep the speakers from moving.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
They sound amazing ... will add a better sub down the road and I will be set for a long time!

Great man! Hope to hear some LS50's one of these days. I really like the design of them. They look like they mean business! As far as subs go, I can NOT recommend PSA enough. Both of my S1500's sound amazing! Keep us posted my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Have you ever seen my A/V-2s? :)

8x8" top plate, which is why I bought them. They don't offer these anymore.

But the A/V-2s overhang by a few inches front and rear.

The top plate of those you listed is 6 5/8 x 8 - should be OK for large speakers, just need something skid-proof on top. As you can see, mine have screw holes that were supposed to be for spikes, but you could use those to attach a piece of wood to fully support. I've had these stands for years with a number of speakers on them and never had one come off.

My surrounds were also A/V-2s and they were on even smaller plates and they were OK too. I used some drawer liner to keep the speakers from moving.
John, how deep are your AV2's? How heavy are they? They look great. Bet they sound great too. Will see what I can do w/the Daytons. Appreciate the insights!

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
John, how deep are your AV2's? How heavy are they? They look great. Bet they sound great too. Will see what I can do w/the Daytons. Appreciate the insights!

Cheers,

Phil

I think they are 12 or 12 1/2" deep. better shot of the cherry. I still have them; can't bring myself to sell them :)

Last edited:
Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Great man! Hope to hear some LS50's one of these days. I really like the design of them. They look like they mean business! As far as subs go, I can NOT recommend PSA enough. Both of my S1500's sound amazing! Keep us posted my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
I might go that route but I won't go dual for sure ... you my friend got a nice setup!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I might go that route but I won't go dual for sure ... you my friend got a nice setup!

Yes, it looks like both of us got quite lucky. Be sure to check the PSA subs out. If you are only getting a single, you might want to go ported. My preference is on music, so I opted for the sealed versions. Both of mine are B-stocks too. Can't find a thing wrong with either of them. Thanks for your kind words!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis