Wich speakers are the best for Max 2500 euro?

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
hi im new here so this is my first post haha

im looking for a new home theater system for movie/hardcore music haha
i have a pioneer vsx 924 reciever at this point
with bose acoustimass 10 serie v but i dont like it
i want something new with allot more power and pure sound!
can you give me some tips because internet doesnt really help i get only more confused
wich one are the best for me
thank you in advance! :)

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
hi im new here so this is my first post haha

im looking for a new home theater system for movie/hardcore music haha
i have a pioneer vsx 924 reciever at this point
with bose acoustimass 10 serie v but i dont like it
i want something new with allot more power and pure sound!
can you give me some tips because internet doesnt really help i get only more confused
wich one are the best for me
thank you in advance! :)
I assume you somewhere on continental Europe. Two consistently good brands to listen to are Focal and Wharfedale.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are you looking for stereo pair? 5.0 or perhaps 5.1? What your budget is for? I myself have started with stereo pair and build up from there. Currently running 5.1 and upgrading to 5.2 when I have the extra money for another sub.

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
Hi all
And thank you for your reply's
Yessss I come from the Netherlands
I have found myself the monitor audio bronze home cinema set deluxe it has the bx2 bx6 BX Centre and the new BXW 10 active subwoofer and a Yamaha RX-A1050 reciever is that a good choice or?
And klipsch rp160 reference is that any good?

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
Are you looking for stereo pair? 5.0 or perhaps 5.1? What your budget is for? I myself have started with stereo pair and build up from there. Currently running 5.1 and upgrading to 5.2 when I have the extra money for another sub.
Looking for a 5.1 set up

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

As you have receiver already, I would go with that and save the money for speakers. Pioneer vsx-924 is good starting point.

For sub I would take a look on BK, this model for example gives you really good performance.
http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XXLS400DF.htm

After sub you have around 2k€ for speakers, I would suggest going on local stores and listen what speakers they have in your budget. What ever sounds best to your ears should be your pick, listen to some music you are familiar with to compare. We could suggest you speakers as well, but we really cant know what you like, we know what we like.

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
As you have receiver already, I would go with that and save the money for speakers. Pioneer vsx-924 is good starting point.

For sub I would take a look on BK, this model for example gives you really good performance.
http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XXLS400DF.htm

After sub you have around 2k€ for speakers, I would suggest going on local stores and listen what speakers they have in your budget. What ever sounds best to your ears should be your pick, listen to some music you are familiar with to compare. We could suggest you speakers as well, but we really cant know what you like, we know what we like.
That's a really good point!
Thnx allot for the info
Appreciate it :)

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

That's a really good point!
Thnx allot for the info
Appreciate it :)
It is worth to go in multiple stores and hear as many speakers as you can so you get better idea what is available. Let us know how it goes when you are done. :)

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
It is worth to go in multiple stores and hear as many speakers as you can so you get better idea what is available. Let us know how it goes when you are done. :)
I will thnx allot!
Saturday I go to a special audio store they set up some systems in listening rooms for me so I can choose wich one I like the best
Keep you posted what I find!

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
I went for a full monitor audio bronze sound system with the bronze 5 because my room isn't too big haha
Got a Yamaha RX-A1050 reciever what a thing love it!
And a bronze w10 for the lows love that thing but got 1 problem with it he is running like he'll true my room.... The sub only weights around 12 a 13 kg but is this normal?
And what can I do about it?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

I went for a full monitor audio bronze sound system with the bronze 5 because my room isn't too big haha
Got a Yamaha RX-A1050 reciever what a thing love it!
And a bronze w10 for the lows love that thing but got 1 problem with it he is running like he'll true my room.... The sub only weights around 12 a 13 kg but is this normal?
And what can I do about it?
That is due to the sub being so light.. You can try using rubber feet to avoid movement. Tbh you would of been much better with the BK sub to pair with your speakers, they weight double to that W10. How you like the sound of your system how ever?

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
Wel maybe I can send it back and get the bk is it as pure of sound as the w10?
The sound of the speakers sounds amazing pure of sound hard enough for my room defenently with Movies love it!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Wel maybe I can send it back and get the bk is it as pure of sound as the w10?
I know a good way to find out. Contact BK and see whether they can ship you a sub before the trial period for your w10 expires. For what it's worth, if you have the space to accommodate a sub that's 420mm D * 604mm H * 540mm W, you'd get better output from a vented BK Elec Monolith than the sealed sub tyhjaarpa linked. A little extra headroom never hurt anyone. :)

But with either the sealed or the vented, you'll not only get more thumping and less scooting, but you'll also be able to hear and feel deeper notes than you would from your w10. You'll appreciate it when you hear it.

Just try to be a little conservative when setting the sub volume level, so that it plays at the same volume as your Bronze mains and the transition between them is smooth.

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
Hmmm if I can get it before my trial expires then it is definitely worth the try but the bk you mentioning has 100 watt less then the other one

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
There's also the Monolith+ which has a higher wattage amp, but I don't think you need it if you're in a small room. Wattage is only one aspect of a sub that relates to output. Other aspects are surface area of the driver, driver excursion and other properties, tuning of the box, DSP, placement... Don't assign too much importance to wattage. Doubling power only nets an additional 3dB of output anyway. You get far greater than that from roughly 20 - 50Hz by going from a sealed sub to vented.

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Hmmm if I can get it before my trial expires then it is definitely worth the try but the bk you mentioning has 100 watt less then the other one
Wattage doesn't mean that much in subs. It is more of driver size and design. I know that BK XXLS400 and Monolith+ will both outperform your little sub, it is up to you if you want sealed or porten version. Both will work well. Those said BK models compare to other subs that cost 1000-1500€, the thing with BK is that they sell directly and thus can sell cheaper. I have loved my XXLS400 with my KEF R series, will buy another when my budget allows. And yes, it will produce clean sound as you are concerned about it.

M

Mikiiieee2752

Enthusiast
Thanks allot for the info! It really helps
But what's the main difference between a sealed or ported sub ?
I want the sub to work on movies and hardcore music thats the most important wich one do you recommend then?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis