Can Speakers Help with this Mess?

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
That is a gorgeous room, and you guys have really good design sense. I personally would not mess that up with speakers. Put a sound bar in that room and use the money save for the man cave.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I'd consider building a room above it (that could be a custom theater :) long before putting any money in to speakers for that room. Say hello to $600 a month electric bills!

Solar?
I was thinking same thing as well.

Look at the headroom that could have extra room built around and above not impossible but there's the cost of building it.

Its a nice room to really mess up with speakers.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Hang some acoustical treatments from the roof and put up some crazy artistic panels on the walls and make that ish look like art. Get a 200 - 300 watt amp and some efficient speakers and I think it'll be fine. Make it look like an Opera house pretty much!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
That is a gorgeous room, and you guys have really good design sense. I personally would not mess that up with speakers. Put a sound bar in that room and use the money save for the man cave.
I agree with this. My wife and I wanted to avoid putting a lot of audio geek gear in our living room, so I took over a bedroom for our home theater. My living room has a merely adequate sound bar. Anything is better than tv built-in speakers. One of these days I might replace it with the Atlantic Technology speaker base after I get some debts paid off.

I guess if your wife vetoes acoustic panels, then an area rug, fabric furniture, throw pillows, Pier One Imports type 3d wall art, lamps, house plants, every little bit should help. You probably won't get anything like a sound stage, but at least a speaker bar or speaker base will greatly improve dialogue.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis