Audioquest HDMI Audio Rigged Demo Exposed and Addressed in Open Letter

Who do you think is responsible for this deceptive demo?

• Audioquest

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • D-Tronics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both. Let's be real Audioquest had no motivation to end this until they were exposed!

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Audiophile drama is unfolding as an Audioquest HDMI cable demo, featuring an Audioquest employee showing unrealistic changes in sound, was seemingly debunked as fraudulent by Mark Waldrep, aka Dr. AIX, in a recent blog post.

A subsequent "Open Letter" from Audioquest owner William Low admitted he heard the video a year ago, found the audio difference "unbelievable", but did not ask to have the video removed until after Mark Waldrep published his findings a year later.

Is this an isolated incident, or just the latest in a string of misleading behavior perpetuated in the high-end cable industry?

Read: Potential Audioquest Rigged Demo Exposed and Addressed in Open Letter

Be sure to vote in our poll on whom you think is responsible for this deceptive cable demo.

A

Alain Singapore

Audioholic Intern
I witnessed a demo from Audioquest at the latest Singapore Sound & Sight exhibition. They were showing their Jitterbug, claiming that you need to add them also to unused USB ports to improve further the sound and picture quality from media stored on your PC. The PC was connected to a plain vanilla AV receiver and an old pair of budget speaker. There was enough time between the changes to forget what you heard and see. Much convincing was the voice of the salesman. And people were queuing up to buy them. Strange world, isn't it?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
"I’m sorry for all of us who care about our separate and collective credibility."

That wasn't a letter, that was slight of hand to distract you from the facts while simultaneously giving the appearance that Audioquest has been a victim of defamation.

Didn't I just try to debate somebody claiming an Audioquest product was superior, citing irrelevant or inane measurement data?

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
What a shame! Can"t believe guys like that can sleep well at night knowing the bull**** they try to make us believe.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Correction to the article: We originally listed Home Entertainment, Inc. and D-Tronics but Home Entertainment, Inc is a completely different entity.

The article was corrected to: Home Entertainment by D-Tronics. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

jinjuku

jinjuku

IMO AQ produced the video...

From what I can tell D-Tronic's is a 3 store outfit and I doubt the put they funds forward to produce this video.

You don't see a D-Tronics rep in the ad, you see an AQ rep.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Until we know D-Tronics complicity in getting this produced I think AQ is totally at fault.
When that complicity is known, both are complicit in fraud.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What a shame! Can"t believe guys like that can sleep well at night knowing the bull**** they try to make us believe.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
I think the sound of $$$ going to their bank account puts them to sleep just fine. ;) :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

I could imagine a scenario where AQ produced this video for distribution to their partners. Partners would take this video and either play it in store or on their website.

Dealers listened to the video, found it as egregious as any other right minded individual, and didn't use such a blatantly doctored sales tool.

Then you have D-Tronics.

At least that's my conjecture.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I could imagine a scenario where AQ produced this video for distribution to their partners. Partners would take this video and either play it in store or on their website.

Dealers listened to the video, found it as egregious as any other right minded individual, and didn't use such a blatantly doctored sales tool.

Then you have D-Tronics.

At least that's my conjecture.
It looks like D-Tronics is based in McAllen, a real hot bed for corruption!

jinjuku

jinjuku

I want to post a retraction to my prior supposition that AQ produced this video to make available to dealers.

Mr Low is very emphatic in his post at whatsbestforum that AQ had zero to do with the production of this video. So I'm going to take him at his word.

So while an AQ rep is the only person in the video I would like some answer as to how the AQ rep appeared in the video. Did he get AQ's blessing? Was it simply in his job pervue and part of delegated responsibilities? Was he a rogue actor?

I invite him to register an account here and participate.

W

wiyosaya

Audioholic
As I see it, it makes no difference whether Mr. Low had zero to do with the production of this video or not especially if he knew of the video and its content for a year before it was debunked. To know of something fraudulent in your own company and to not expose it and remove it from your company's marketing is still fraud. One could easily reason that Mr. Low is an accessory after the fact and complicit in the fraud.

That said, nothing coming out of a company that claims its cables are magic and, therefore, worth thousands of dollars, would surprise me. You might as well say that all of AQ's marketing is fraudulent.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I want to post a retraction to my prior supposition that AQ produced this video to make available to dealers.

Mr Low is very emphatic in his post at whatsbestforum that AQ had zero to do with the production of this video. So I'm going to take him at his word.

So while an AQ rep is the only person in the video I would like some answer as to how the AQ rep appeared in the video. Did he get AQ's blessing? Was it simply in his job pervue and part of delegated responsibilities? Was he a rogue actor?

I invite him to register an account here and participate.
Hmm I like how Mr. Low claims we have misquoted them to the point where it's "libel". I don't see where the alleged misquote is and a company that is trying to save whatever little reputation they have shouldn't be posturing legal action against anyone, especially members of the press covering this story.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hmm I like how Mr. Low claims we have misquoted them to the point where it's "libel". I don't see where the alleged misquote is and a company that is trying to save whatever little reputation they have shouldn't be posturing legal action against anyone, especially members of the press covering this story.
The real issue could be that when a google search on all this is performed the AH editorial is 2nd position.

That's an uncomfortable search ranking for AQ.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Actually go to Google and type "Audioquest HDMI demo" or "Audioquest audio demo" or just "Audioquest demo" :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ok, how do I get my company mentioned in an editorial (but a positive one)...

dubsubnetwork

dubsubnetwork

Audiophyte
this is something we have all known for years... its amazing these company are allowed to false advertise like this for so long without any legal action....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis