Miracast with windows 10 Lag on a Samsung TV

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Hey folks, I just got myself an UHD 4K TV (UAJU7000) . The thing is i am trying to connect my laptop wirelessly thru miracast on my Samsung TV.

Config

TV : Samsung JU7000 7 series 4k UHD TV

Laptop : Asus N551 J

Router : Asus RT - AC 68U Latest firmware (380.5 by merlin Alpha4 2015)

WiFi adaptor : Built in Qualcomm Atheroes 946x

Problem is that eventhough the laptop successfully screen mirrors to the Samsung TV , its quite laggy, And also i am getting only 30 HZ refresh rate on the screen.

The Cursor moves very slowly on the TV, and there is sometimes slight cut in picture. Sound cuts too .

I am connected at link speeds of 300 mbps at 2.4 ghz, could that be causing a problem?? Do i need 5 GHZ for smoother miracast.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
BUMP..... No response yet. Do u guys use miracast ?? Is it made this way or is there anything i can do from my side to reduce the Lag.

I assume very few must be knowing what miracast is.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I know what miracast is I just haven't had a need to use it. From what I recall it initially developed out of the need to connect wirelessly to presentation projectors. So it's intended purpose most likely isn't to stream fast frame rate video.

That is a guess on my part however.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I hit youtube and from what I saw you should have smooth mouse movement. You may want to check device driver and firmware for your miracast product and update is possible.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Also I'm not sure if you posted your entire setup. Does the Samsung TV have miracast inbuilt or are you using some hardware that you didn't include in your OP?

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Also I'm not sure if you posted your entire setup. Does the Samsung TV have miracast inbuilt or are you using some hardware that you didn't include in your OP?
Yes the samsung has a buit in miracast in it. Both the TV and laptop are connected to the same wifi network at 300 mbps.2.4 ghz for both.
Router is Asus rt-68u ac wireless router.
And yes both the firmwares that is on Tv and laptop are updated.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Try starting your system in safe mode. If unsure just google Windows 10 safe mode.

You can do a diagnostic start with just the Miracast feature enabled.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I doubt that Windows 10 is the culprit.
Question: Does the Samsung TV have 5ghz band wifi connection?
  • I strongly using the 5ghz band vs the 2.4 ghz band. 2.4Ghz band can more susceptible to interference and other peoples network. You will always get better performance using the 5ghz band.
  • I only tried Miracast a few times and it was buggy, while it is in theory supposed to be wireless HDMI, it doesn't always refresh quickly. I would make sure that the TV post processing, "smoothing" might be the culprit, but I doubt that.

I will pull up the manual when I have time. I was able to get my LG in the bedroom to stream from my android phone, so it should work.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Try starting your system in safe mode. If unsure just google Windows 10 safe mode.

You can do a diagnostic start with just the Miracast feature enabled.
Sorry for the late reply, I tried booting my Laptop in Safe mode and all i got is Safe mode , Safe mode with command promt and safe mode ith Networking, but there is no Option for Miracast whether to enable or disable.

If it was my Laptop Miracast wouldnt even work to begin with.

I doubt that Windows 10 is the culprit.
Question: Does the Samsung TV have 5ghz band wifi connection?
  • I strongly using the 5ghz band vs the 2.4 ghz band. 2.4Ghz band can more susceptible to interference and other peoples network. You will always get better performance using the 5ghz band.
  • I only tried Miracast a few times and it was buggy, while it is in theory supposed to be wireless HDMI, it doesn't always refresh quickly. I would make sure that the TV post processing, "smoothing" might be the culprit, but I doubt that.

I will pull up the manual when I have time. I was able to get my LG in the bedroom to stream from my android phone, so it should work.
No the Samsung TV doesn't connect to my 5ghz network. It only shows my 2.4 GHZ network which i think is connected at 300 mbps. But that 300 mbps should be plenty for screen mirroring unless ur streaming something very big content or playing FPS games.

Streaming works perfectly, But the miracast is the only problem, I think Miracast is better served in 5 ghz as u said to avoid interference and get better performance.

My Rouer's Firewall is Off and even UPNP is Enabled.

Bump on wondering how the OP is doing.
I was so busy with some work i forget to check by the Forums lately.

W

Win10Caster

Audiophyte
So I tried Miracast a couple of weeks ago with my win 10 pc, and an LG UJ7700 HDTV. I went out an bought a wireless usb network adapter. Thirty bucks, not name brand. Upon installing the adapter, I was able to connect to the tv, but not consistently, nor constantly. After going through all the drivers, wifi, usb, video adapter, bios, chipset, etc, I was able to connect consistently, but upon attempting to stream video, I was confronted with a pretty good stutter about every five seconds. The mouse was pretty laggy too. I went through all the drivers again. I couldn't find any drivers newer than 2006 for miracast devices, and the virtual display adapter. That was hard to believe. At any rate, I wasn't able to get the lag out until I thought about the TV (wireless display). It was connected to the internet via wireless as well. As I understand it, the TV has to maintain both wireless connections, forcing it to switch back and forth between the internet connection and the miracast connection. I plugged the TV directly into the my router with CAT5 to free up the tv's wifi connection. Now when I cast to the tv, it is only connected to one other device via wireless, the usb network adapter on my pc. Video stutter gone, mouse lag gone. I was also able to connect to my home wireless network via the usb network adapter as well. (I had stolen the wired connection from my pc. :) ) I was able to maintain quality casting while also connected to the internet using the usb network adapter. In this case it seemed best to let the usb network adapter do all the heavy lifting, and take the strain off of the tv's wireless device. Wish I'd have thought of it a little sooner. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis