Equal distance from sidewalls

S

Sams

Junior Audioholic
I have just been reading about the importance of the front left and right speakers having equal distance from the sidewalls. It's also mentioned in my speaker manual but I brushed it over previously.

My wall mounted tv and mlp are not 100% centered in the room. Currently in my equilateral triangle setup, with the speakers 8 feet apart, the left speaker is 4 1/2 feet from the sidewall/the right speaker is 3 1/2 feet from the sidewall.

Should I simply move the left speaker a foot closer to the sidewall, compensate with toe in, and rerun Audyssey xt32? Also, I have a large footrest centered and equal in height to my mlp(3 seat couch). My manual says to remove this, I'm willing if it helps the speakers do their job. I don't need it.

Thanks.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… the speakers 8 feet apart, the left speaker is 4 1/2 feet from the sidewall/the right speaker is 3 1/2 feet from the sidewall.
With those distances from the sidewalls, you should be fine. It becomes noticeable if one speaker is close to a sidewall or corner and the other is 2 feet or more away.

And don't worry about that footrest either.

Few rooms that people live in resemble those in the manuals :D.

T

Tom._White

Enthusiast
Also, I have a large footrest centered and equal in height to my mlp(3 seat couch). My manual says to remove this, I'm willing if it helps the speakers do their job. I don't need it.

Thanks.
If the company that made your speakers is willing to buy it from you, sure.

Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis