AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's with the TV 7.1 setup. The OSD sub does a good job for a 10 inch sub and if you believe this it's louder than the Dayton 1200.:eek: Jman wrote a review a couple of years ago on it and liked it.
I have absolutely no reason not to believe you. I champion the SUB-1200 because I have heard it and am impressed with how it handles music, the price, and Jman's review. Now that the SUB-1200 is up to $150 (on sale at $137.50), it isn't the deal it was. I bought a pair discounted to $100 each before PE figured out they could not keep them in stock! But even at $150, it is hard not to like the SUB-1200.
The way I look at it, for anyone who cares enough about sound to come here for 2.1 speakers on a tight budget;
The BS-22 and SUB-1200 are a great combination for $275 (better if you wait for discounts).
If you have a little more money ($375), I would have to hear it from Jman or you that there was a sub (such as the OSD) which was significantly better, because the AA monitors are significantly better, and I would consider that the most worthwhile step up. The ELAC may dethrone the AA's or be fair competition with better marketing, but they are an unknown at this point.
Once there, I could see investing in a sub, but I'm not sure you are going to get real value for the extra money until you are paying for HSU, Outlaw, SVS, Rythmik, etc.

How is the OSD on other counts compared to the SUB-1200?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think the 1200 and OSD are the same, but like I said the OSD goes louder. The bass is tight on both. I was just surprised that a 10 inch beat the 12 inch model. I assume/suspect the watts are higher, although both say 120 watts. Both are more suited for music than HT. I don't play them both too loud, well you know why...OSD hold it's own very well for both. The 1200 was only used for music and not tested for HT. If the OSD went on sale for $125-150 it would be a great bargain. It size factor is a plus for small places like mine. :p Thanks for the compliment means alot coming from you and the likes from the gang. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's a lot of reasons why a 10" sub can beat a 12". My old SVS PB-10, though very large, was better than many 12" subs I've owned. The smaller driver has some benefits and if you have good excursion you can still move a fair amount of air with a 10" driver. I am even impressed with the SLIM 10" PE sub - surprisingly good sounding for being so compact.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Good to know JG that bigger isn't always better with subs. I'm guessing the OSD also just has a better amp. I don't doubt the SLIM 10 does a good job.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I decided to get discrete pair of JBL Leviton AESS5 surround speakers for the PJ setup. Took me about an hour to setup last night. I threw on the Roy Orbison Black & White Live DVD and adjusted it to my liking and boy did the violins coming in from these tiny speakers sound nice.:eek: I placed the speakers upside down to get the tweeter closer to the ear. Incredible little speakers for the price I got them for on ebay. I'm happy.:D
Right side:

Left side:

Left side:

Right side:

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Every time you say PJ I always have to think: Pajamas? No. Peanut butter and jelly? No. Pearl Jam? Probably not. Euphemism for your manhood? Whatever makes you happy, man. Pro-Jector? Ah, awkward, but probably.

If you find a good deal on some Wiremold that'd really clean up the look. What sub are you running with these? Did you ever take a chance on the NXG from NewEgg?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You are too funny Rojo. Yes Projector. I might cover up the wires with some white tape like I did these:

No NXG sub. The sub I'm using is the OSD PS10 which does a great job:

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
White vinyl tape! Why didn't I ever think of that? Wiremold can get expensive. That'd be a nice solution for ppl running surrounds past doorways, with hardwood floors, or who otherwise can't fish through walls / etc. You're a smart guy Joe.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:cool:You gotta love those 99 cent stores. From afar it looks even better:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What paper? :)
The paper on the drywall ... like under the paint. That would be my concern anyway. Tape sometimes takes a piece of the substrate with it when you try to remove it. Other times the adhesive stays on the wall. Sometimes I think I care too much. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The paper on the drywall ... like under the paint. That would be my concern anyway. Tape sometimes takes a piece of the substrate with it when you try to remove it. Other times the adhesive stays on the wall. Sometimes I think I care too much. :D
haha it's Ok it's a rental. You noticed it's a Double sided tape, but I left the plastic on the outside part. Anyway it's looks Ok since it's a medium lighting in my room. Thanks for caring. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I bought this amp SMSL SA-S3 like 2 years ago and I now just hooked it up. :) Well there was a reason...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I bought this amp SMSL SA-S3 like 2 years ago and I now just hooked it up. :) Well there was a reason...
And the reason is what? Is it that it's so small you could put 7 of them inside your Blu-ray player?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's funny. It's coming later. Too much food last night. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well did a trade recently so now I can do the setup I wanted:
Left Speaker with foam underneath:

Right Speaker with foam underneath:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Found a nice player today called Music Bee. Works great after I set it up to my liking. The CD playing is one of four that I use to setup any Music/HT EQ. Desktop Background pic is British actress Susan Harrison from the 1950's(Adam):p

And Finally My Humble Throne:

Thank you for Watching! :p:eek::D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis