UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Did you guys realised that we won't have the German GP this year?? What the hell is going on, over at FIA???

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't been able to find any specifics on it, so my assumption would be Ecclestone is the same jerk he has always been, and there wasn't enough money involved!

Can't wait for that man to croak cause he is really messing the sport up!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you guys realised that we won't have the German GP this year?? What the hell is going on, over at FIA???
I'm guessing corruption on mass like FIFA and wolrd cup soccer, and the Olympic committee. Its too bad ars?holes infiltrate the sports that we love. :(

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Its always been about the money with F1. And you may or may not be aware, but years and years ago, Ecclestone effectively bought F1 right out from under the teams, so until he goes, we're at his mercy!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Its always been about the money with F1. And you may or may not be aware, but years and years ago, Ecclestone effectively bought F1 right out from under the teams, so until he goes, we're at his mercy!
Too bad, a pebble wouldn't be picked up by one of the running cars and smack him straight between the eyes. Hell doing that in qualifying would be more than satisfactory.

annunaki

annunaki

Hungary was a great result for the boys in red.

Getting the jump on the Mercs at th start was great. Sad it was not a 1-2 like it would have been without the failure on Kimi's car.

Spa is up next, my favorite race of the year by far. I am hoping that what we saw in Hungary will be more of the same but that is doubtful. The next few races are more power/high speed circuits and that will suit the Mercs.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Guys,

fasten your seat belts, as this w/e the season's most expected GP will happen in Belgium!! :cool:

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Today is the only day of the year you'll ever hear me say, 'Feels like a Spa Day!'

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Love Spa but not a good outcome for my Ferrari.:(

ps For all the money in F1 the camera work and direction is really sub par...

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I was wondering when that tire issue was going to rear its head! Pirelli has done a great job with tires, but Eau Rouge offered enough force on the tire to disintegrate it!

Vettel only did one interview post-race, which apparently needed a lot of editing, lol! Can't blame him for being angry, but that was stupid of him to keep driving! Thankfully no one picked up his debris!

Re: Camera work... Why couldn't we watch that on board going through Eau Rouge EVERY LAP!?!? That was amazing!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Unfortunately at the Indy Car Series, Pocono race track took Justin Wilson's life away last Sunday though. He was just 37... what a pitty. :(

RIP Justin

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Unfortunately at the Indy Car Series, Pocono race track took Justin Wilson's life away last Sunday though. He was just 37... what a pitty. :(

RIP Justin
That's what sucks about open-cockpits. We see way too many injuries that likely wouldn't happen or be as bad if they will change to a closed cockpit

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Even though this is the F1 Thread and for the records:

yesterday, at the Indy Car Series, Scott Dixon won his fourth Indy Championship title, over at Sonoma race track.

Hats off to'ya Scotty :cool:

annunaki

annunaki

Based upon their quali performance they may have a shot. The start will be critical for them. With only a three tents advantage, it would make it difficult for Hamilton to overtake. However, that assumes there is no dastardly DRS.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
As usual, Hamilton got his 11th pole in the season... kinda boring, don't you agree guys??

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
As usual, Hamilton got his 11th pole in the season... kinda boring, don't you agree guys??
I didn't find confirmation, but it appears Hamilton maybe starting the race on a faulty 2016 engine. Rosberg had to change his (Hamilton seemed a bit surprised to hear that in interview) but once the car is in Parc ferme I'm not sure that it can have a new engine put in?

That said, Ferrari was as close to Mercedes (2016, that is) in Qualifying here as they were when they last won. Good start and pit strategy to that one home, lets see them do it again! They joked, that if both drivers got on the podium, Italy would not go to work for a month!

annunaki

annunaki

Ferrari was one in Qualy but to finish 25 seconds adrift in the race shows that the Merc lump still has some grunt to spare.

It was great to see them closer though which bodes well for remaining races some where the power is not as important.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis