Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
play it out as long as possible.
You making some sort of sports 'get 'em tiger' type comment or are you saying to avoid the knee replacement for as long as possible ... because that's really what I'm doing. I figure the longer I wait the better the technology will be: kind of like buying a big screen plasma. Except they won't stop making knee replacements.

I'm 36 hrs into it. No pain, no swelling, leg mostly elevated (except to post), iced frequently, just started taking baby steps with no crutches (like only maybe a dozen), not doing much with it as far as bending is concerned.

PT starts Tuesday. His name is Tom. Sounds hot.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
F^%&in' hell bro. Sorry to hear that.
Yea, his whole situation was a little weird. Plus I teach one of his daughters. Ah-well.

Definitely rehab that knee. Although, is joint replacement really all that bad? From what I've heard from the few people I know who've had different joints replaced, almost all of them had said that they wished they hadn't put it off for as long as they did.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Saw some Sanway amps for sale on AVS. I know the safety listed certified crowd around here would have an absolute cow about those amps. Chu would probably freak as well for the violation of intellectual property. They're just so cheap and will deliver so much power (assuming they work) that it's hard to pass up. Plus they're 4 channel and the channels are bridgeable.

Perfect for future sub upgrades, ie the FTW 21" subs.

majorloser

majorloser

Why does the thought of Alex getting rehab from somebody named "Tom" make me laugh?

Wasn't he a previous Twister champion?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Why does the thought of Alex getting rehab from somebody named "Tom" make me laugh?

Wasn't he a previous Twister champion?
ML, I know i don't see you any around here often lately , so you might have missed it. In any case, do yourself a favor and Google Brazilian twister.
They sort of devastated the twister references ever since.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That was fun but I got a whole day to kill. Tomorrow has PT so I'll get out of these bandages and creepy white stocking things that are suppose to prevent blood clots or something. I've got like 40 perks if somebody wants to stop by and get wasted. I'll be here all day.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What? Did everybody go back to work all at once and throw the universe into the spiral of boredom? What's the point of having a straight job if you can't post? I guess an argument could be made for those jobs having ... dare I say it? ... women.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hey, I just logged on this morning. Had to change passwords – a 45 minute job – don't ask.

How's the knee? I didn't know until yesterday that you had it scoped & scraped.

I was a bachelor this weekend. She went for a hen's weekend with some of her girlfriends. They mainly drink, gab and get massages. She returned Sunday and I was off line early.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
She returned Sunday and I was off line early.
Adam's like, "Then what happened?" :D

The knee is good. I'm still in the 72 hours of keeping it up ... above my heart.

Between the rain stopping, not going to work and spending a lot of time laying down, my level of pain is zero. The surgery hasn't resulted in any swelling or pain either but like I said, I haven't tested it. Crutches are sort of optional for short 10 step trips but I'm still using them because it's what I'm suppose to do ... I think.

Heroes marathon on right now. Blessed be the boredom.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Heroes marathon on right now. Blessed be the boredom.
It could be worse – golf on TV has got to be the lowest for me. But then there's always Dr. Phil.

It brings back memories of my knee surgery in 1975, 40 years ago :eek:, before arthroscopic surgery was common. I was in an Air Force hospital for two weeks. And for 4 or 5 days after surgery, my leg was immobilized in a hip-to-ankle bandage. I couldn't walk until about a week later. I had to shave my entire leg before surgery, and they painted it with betadine disinfectant. I didn't get to wash that stuff off until the bandage came off. Standing up in a shower hurt like hell because I hadn't been upright since the surgery and the knee throbbed.

I had to go to PT twice a day in the hospital, in a wheel chair. Because it was a military hospital, no one pushed the wheel chair. So they kept me real busy and I was worn out each day. The really good part was I got to sleep each night, something I rarely got with that damn Navy job I had. The pain meds they used back then were demarol or codeine. I had a bad reaction to demarol so I got a tiny codeine pill each evening, and slept like a baby :).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I got Ambien to sleep but didn't need/use them. I quit taking the Ibuprofen today too.

As soon as I get cleared, I'm signing up for Tango lessons. All this sitting around would be more tolerable if my knees were killing me but now that I'm not in pain, I need something more.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Arthroscopic knee surgery sounds much better.

Take PT seriously, but don't push it to the extreme right away.

First PT to recover full knee movement, then Tango (mixed doubles? or non-mixed doubles?), and then step up to a local 50+ post-surgery Twister league. Stay away from those amputee Twister leagues, they're really rough.

When you've fully rehabbed, return to the Wesson Oil-Thong Twister League that you miss so much.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hmm, So it looks like I'm going to end up with 2 Sanways. They should definitely get me kicked out of my apt once hooked up to the LMS Ultras :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Lol ... Wesson Oil and that slippery thong.
Hmm, So it looks like I'm going to end up with 2 Sanways. They should definitely get me kicked out of my apt once hooked up to the LMS Ultras :D
I saw you sniffing around those ... over there.

You can never have enough amps.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I saw you sniffing around those ... over there.

You can never have enough amps.
Originally I was gunning for all 4, but there was too much interest so I couldn't get him to come down from asking. However, I probably should have just bitten the bullet because he was asking $600CDN/amp which converts to about $475 USD/amp. That's about 50% off from buying from aliexpress or alibaba after taxes and duties. Ah-well, I'll still end up with 8 X 1200W @ 8 ohms and 8 X 1900W @ 4 ohms. Plus they can be bridged for more power............you know.......if necessary :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis