What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well if they appear used and sold cheaply I'm sure you and Z will let me know. :)
Or you could get some rad DIY speakers. Then I could build them. Then ship them to you. Because......you know.......I'm bored :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Not likely. You know, I just get more impressed by my VS05Bs as time goes on. This evening I decided to turn off the LFE channel on my receiver so I wouldn't disturb my sleeping daughter. I watched a couple of movies without LFE, but was confused when I still heard <40Hz rumble. I had to touch one of my subs to make sure they were indeed off, and they were. Bookshelfs aren't supposed to produce bass like that, are they? And their bass extension is the least of their positive qualities.
Yes their bass does hit low - they do all frequencies well/good. What stands out
is they are really transparent and smooth, with a lot of good high resolution for
what we paid. Some just did not want to believe.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Give it a try. Double tweeter in center should have you intrigued a bit. SHOOTOUT. Seems like they would do a good job. If not you can always return them.
I decided to toy with the Micca 42x - however, I am going to
be tough on them - they will have to show something to top
them nice Sound Appeal speakers.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yes their bass does hit low - they do all frequencies well/good. What stands out
is they are really transparent and smooth, with a lot of good high resolution for
what we paid. Some just did not want to believe.
Oh I believed just didn't have the $600 for em at that time. Fuzz I didn't forget maybe one day, but not now sadly. Gotta win that lotto daggit.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
http://www.wavecrestaudio.com/products/hvl-1-two-way-loudspeaker-pair

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/72159-wave-crest-audio-hvl-1-speaker-review.html#ixzz2pI53Dbd4

Not delivered yet, but, order placed and they will be shipping in a few days.
I emailed Curtis. I called Curtis. Curtis got a restraining order. :)

Curtis, (CSChang on AH) at Wave Crest Audio answered ALL of my questions with patience and professionalism. Customer service is/was excellent. It was great hearing what went in to these speakers and his experience working with Dave from Ascend.
I'm looking forward to hearing these speakers.

I also want to say thanks to Swerd, Fuzz092888, and Dennis Murphy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
http://www.wavecrestaudio.com/products/hvl-1-two-way-loudspeaker-pair

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/72159-wave-crest-audio-hvl-1-speaker-review.html#ixzz2pI53Dbd4

Not delivered yet, but, order placed and they will be shipping in a few days.
I emailed Curtis. I called Curtis. Curtis got a restraining order. :)

Curtis, (CSChang on AH) at Wave Crest Audio answered ALL of my questions with patience and professionalism. Customer service is/was excellent. It was great hearing what went in to these speakers and his experience working with Dave from Ascend.
I'm looking forward to hearing these speakers.

I also want to say thanks to Swerd, Fuzz092888, and Dennis Murphy.

Didn't you order those a while ago? I've been curious about those ever since they were first shown. Let us know your impression of them.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Why does it take them a few days to ship?

Reviews can be interesting, however still subjective.

Enjoy your new speakers - and post back your impressions.
I'm not sure. Curtis mentioned something about them going through their quality assurance queue, then they would ship.

Yeah, man. Those HVL-1s look like a nice find.

Yea, I 'm not a big measurement/graph guy, but even I can see these measure great.

Didn't you order those a while ago? I've been curious about those ever since they were first shown. Let us know your impression of them.
No. Just ordered last night. I probably mentioned I was looking at them.

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Stop it! You and Z gona drive me to think about it. ;) That cherry is a beaut daggit. Are those the ones you made?
They are really good speakers... I use them as my PC speakers powered with a NAD receiver that I got from an estate sale, and a custom built sub woofer. They image just as good as my Vandersteen model 3's did if not better. If Fuzz is offering to build them for you, I say you jump on it. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
They are really good speakers... I use them as my PC speakers powered with a NAD receiver that I got from an estate sale, and a custom built sub woofer. They image just as good as my Vandersteen model 3's did if not better. If Fuzz is offering to build them for you, I say you jump on it. :)
Yeah JC I think he has them for his computer setup as well. We talked about him building me one once. I think it's in his Finally thread. If it's the same pair he did a grand job. Did you build it yourself JC?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah JC I think he has them for his computer setup as well. We talked about him building me one once. I think it's in his Finally thread. If it's the same pair he did a grand job. Did you build it yourself JC?
I think you're thinking of the Mandolins. Those were actually a bit tougher than the overnight sensations would be. The overnight sensations have a flat pack that would make them a much easier build. I used veneered plywood on the mandolins, which can be a pain to work trying to avoiding tear out when cutting. Plus I put a hardwood trim around the front and rear. Plenty of mistakes and an oopsie or two, but I'm still happy with how they came out. Someday I may rebuild them just for fun, but that day is not today.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Just picked up a floor model. Samsung PNF60F5300. 60" plasma. Got it for $550. No remote or stand but plan to mount it and can likely work around the remote issue.

Thx for the rec Afterlife

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think you're thinking of the Mandolins. Those were actually a bit tougher than the overnight sensations would be. The overnight sensations have a flat pack that would make them a much easier build. I used veneered plywood on the mandolins, which can be a pain to work trying to avoiding tear out when cutting. Plus I put a hardwood trim around the front and rear. Plenty of mistakes and an oopsie or two, but I'm still happy with how they came out. Someday I may rebuild them just for fun, but that day is not today.
Oh yeah those were it. I was sure they cost more than 135. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis