Once again: what are you listening to now?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Leadbelly "The Smithsonian Folkways Collection" CD1

Led Zeppelin's version

From the same Leadbelly album

CCR's version

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
this is not the first time that Zep has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Luckily Willie Dixon was paying attention and sued their a$$se$. who say's there's no God? :D
Sonny Boy Williamson - Bring It On Home

Led Zeppelin- Bring It On Home

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
this is not the first time that Zep has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Luckily Willie Dixon was paying attention and sued their a$$se$. who say's there's no God? :D
Sonny Boy Williamson - Bring It On Home

Led Zeppelin- Bring It On Home

Its unfortunate that Led Zep played that dumb game but it doesn't diminish in my mind their talent. I love their renditions of the songs they stole :p

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting thing about Stax records There's 8 or 9 of these youtube vids that comprises the whole story.

The reason for the above post is I listened to the first CD out of a 2 CD set.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Stax alumni Clarence Carter doing "The Road Of Love", with Duane Allman slide guitar solo, dubbed after Clarence heard Duanne playing guitar on the Wilson Picket "Hey Jude" session. Duane can be heard on various tracks on Clarence's 1969 release, The Dynamic Clarence Carter.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
“Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly September in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.”

It's a damp drizzly April day.

Patty Griffen - Rain

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis