RBH Sound Owner's Thread

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I thought the r55ti was older and not produced by RBH anymore,well that's good to here if there not.Might be hard to demo,I don't think anyone has them in a show room near me.
Probably still stick with bookshelf's unless I get hooked into a tower from a demo.
They are slated to be upgraded early next year but at a price increase from what we are hearing.

N

NOISEJUNKIE

Enthusiast
If you live near the central coast you can come audition the R55ti at my house if you want.
:)
Thanks for offer jc,I'm trying to keep my demo radius with in respectable driving distance,20-60 miles.
There is a authorized dealer in Anaheim,Ca so that's probably as far as I would go for a demo.:D

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Just a big positive note here on RBH. MY SX-6300/R towers are kicking the snot out of my Ascend Acoustics RAAL towers. RBH are bing run without sub. Ascends are being run with a ML Grotto sub and the low end on the RBH is better:D:D:D:D.
With all due respect to my Ascends with RAAL ribbons in the high department, I might just be a true bass head...

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Just a big positive note here on RBH. MY SX-6300/R towers are kicking the snot out of my Ascend Acoustics RAAL towers. RBH are bing run without sub. Ascends are being run with a ML Grotto sub and the low end on the RBH is better:D:D:D:D.
With all due respect to my Ascends with RAAL ribbons in the high department, I might just be a true bass head...
Tough time having two high end speakers. One may go to the HT set up but I have Klipsch RF82's in there.. Oh crap, what to do with my first world problem???

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The whole package. :D

Subwoofer bass + speakers combo just isn't quite the same, as Gene pointed out. RBH has the recipe down tight.

I've tried for years. And I've owned some pretty good subs and speakers. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Tough time having two high end speakers. One may go to the HT set up but I have Klipsch RF82's in there.. Oh crap, what to do with my first world problem???
Keep them both for at least 6 months. Then make the decision to sell one pair.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I listened to the RBH T2 at a local dealer.

If you're ever in OKC, let me know. :)

There is not a single dealer (Revel, B&W, KEF, Paradigm, PSB, Monitor Audio) in my area that keeps extra inventories of speakers. But they should have at least one pair of demo speakers. :)
When I use RBH's "dealer finder" for Oklahoma City (73150 zip code), I get what I have to believe is you, with your avatar and the title "audio pharmacist".

http://rbhsound.com/dealer_locator/index.php

Are you the sole RBH dealer in Oklahoma City?

You've been awfully aggressive about promoting these speakers!

Don't you think some sort of disclosure is appropriate?

Seems way too close to the following:
Own a sub company and want to market the sale and promotion your products by pretending to be a forum member? Oh wait, we don't really like that last one...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When I use RBH's "dealer finder" for Oklahoma City (73150 zip code), I get what I have to believe is you, with your avatar and the title "audio pharmacist".

http://rbhsound.com/dealer_locator/index.php

Are you the sole RBH dealer in Oklahoma City?

You've been awfully aggressive about promoting these speakers!

Don't you think some sort of disclosure is appropriate?

Seems way too close to the following:
I just very recently became a RBH dealer as a hobby. My full time job and career will always be a hospital pharmacist.

I might make like $1,000 per year as a RBH "dealer" vs $140,000 as a pharmacist. :eek:

1. I don't "promote" RBH any more "aggressively" than BEFORE I officially became a RBH "dealer". Even about 5 years ago I said on AH that I thought the RBH T2 was the best sounding speakers I've ever heard.

2. I don't promote RBH any more than any other guy on any forums promoting the speakers they own, trust, believe in, and passionately love.

3. I didn't just join AH yesterday for the sole purpose of promoting RBH. I've been a member of AH for 8 years now. I've been a dealer for about 2 months.

4. I didn't realize I had to FORMALLY "disclose" my "dealership". I figured doing that would be like trying to "promote" selling speakers.

5. I recommend to anyone interested in buying RBH speakers to buy it from their local dealers.

6. As far as "promoting" RBH, the ONLY speaker I really personally recommend is the $5K MSRP SX-8300, not even the $5900 SX-8300/R or the Beryllium midrange upgrades for additional costs. I recommend it only because I truly believe the SX-8300 is the unequivocal best-bang-for-the-dollar speaker.

Oh, one more thing. I was a Moderator for AH. But because I became an official dealer, I had to give that privilege up due to conflict of interests.

I hope that was disclosing enough.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The issue is you should have disclosed your status as a dealer instead of someone like me having to.

For whatever reason you made a decision to keep this private. Right or wrong, the obvious conclusion is that you wanted to promote these speakers free from readers awareness that you were a dealer. If you do not understand why you should have disclosed your dealership status, you need to consult with someone on such matters, because everyone else does.

Audioholics did not want you representing them in an official capacity because of your RBH dealer status. That is a indication that it matters.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Can I be rude and ask for one more disclosure? Did you pay retail (minus a street discount) for those five RBH towers, or did you purchase them as a dealer for wholesale pricing?

trane251

trane251

Enthusiast
I've been scouring the internet trying to find information on RBH… I've gone through just about every thread there is and I found AcuDefTechGuy recommending these speakers long before he became a dealer and even before he owned them himself. One of the reasons I stayed away from these forums for so long is because people love to stir up poop and act like 12 year old girls. It's ridiculous - It's obvious he loves these speakers… He owns them. He's been talking about them for at last a year BEFORE he became a dealer. Is he putting a gun to anyones head and forcing them to buy? He's also recommended Revel Performa and Kef's but I don't see him selling those.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I apologize If I have made a big mistake and offended anyone by not publically announcing my very recent dealership status.

I hope I can still freely post like I've been posting for the last 8 years.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
KEW (Sherlock Homes) does make valid points:

As a dealer, you should have disclosed this information, not doing so, make you look suspect, even though I don't believe that to be the case at all.

You have had owned or tested more speakers that probably 99% of people on these forums and I respect your opinion, even when I don't agree.

As for promoting RBH, you do promote it more than anyone else on this forum, even starting this RBH Forum. To your defense, I have GoldenEar and I promote it more than anyone else on this forum, referred others to my dealer to buy them, who also enjoy them. If you have something that you own, you are going to promote it, so I even can't really fault you on that. You are just one of the more active people on this forum, so you will tend to talk more about it than others.

Anyone that doesn't think that this site in general doesn't promote ( wrong word: devote a lot of attention to) RBH more than others, is blind. If you go to RBH's website, the largest portion of reviews on speakers come from this site. I learned that when I was comparing them against my own.

At the end of the day I do think it was wrong for you not to disclose the fact you are an RBH dealer, in the same respect, It doesn't detract from the fact that I respect your opinions and you have always been helpful resource to me when I have had questions.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I apologize If I have made a big mistake and offended anyone by not publically announcing my very recent dealership status.

I believe you, and hope to see you keep on posting. Obviously it would have been better if.............but...better late than never. I hope everyone can move on.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
First there was AccuDefTechGuy. After acquiring an impressive but bewildering number of different speakers, he became YouNameItGuy. Without warning, he unexpectedly became RBHGuy. And now we learn he really is RBHDealerGuy. Will it end there? Or will he become Don’tTrustThisGuy. Stay tuned…

Last edited:
N

nogaro

Full Audioholic

Sorry, no - apology not accepted. Well, maybe if you get us (or just me) some muy grande discounts on RBH speakers when I'm ready to buy :)

I've certainly appreciated your posts and do hope that you will continue to post as you have done in the past.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, no - apology not accepted. Well, maybe if you get us (or just me) some muy grande discounts on RBH speakers when I'm ready to buy :)

I've certainly appreciated your posts and do hope that you will continue to post as you have done in the past.
I will tell you what I've told you before - you don't need MORE speakers. :D

But if you must buy more speakers, you can always send me a PM. ;)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Glad to see "AUTHORIZED RBH DEALER" in your signature!

That resolves my concern.

Thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Glad to see "AUTHORIZED RBH DEALER" in your signature!

That resolves my concern.

Thanks!
I also listed that on my AVS forum signature now I am officially out of the "closet". :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis