RBH Sound Owner's Thread

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
I will tell you what I've told you before - you don't need MORE speakers. :D

But if you must buy more speakers, you can always send me a PM. ;)
I think I didn't need any more speakers a few years back. I've been running on want :D
But, I've got a handle on the want too, for now at least. But, someday...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think I didn't need any more speakers a few years back. I've been running on want :D
But, I've got a handle on the want too, for now at least. But, someday...
One of these days you may just end up with only 2 or 3 sets of speakers. The $6K MSRP KEF 201/2 are keepers for sure unless you just want big bad towers that don't need subs.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
One of these days you may just end up with only 2 or 3 sets of speakers. The $6K MSRP KEF 201/2 are keepers for sure unless you just want big bad towers that don't need subs.
I really like the look of the KEF 201/2, so I'll be holding on to them for a while. So, the big bad towers would have to be in addition to the KEF - in a different room, of course. Unlike some other people, I only have 1 set up per room :p

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I also listed that on my AVS forum signature now I am officially out of the "closet". :D
In the spirit of coming out of the closet, please let us know when you became a dealer. You are still being a bit vague about that.
Thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
In the spirit of coming out of the closet, please let us know when you became a dealer. You are still being a bit vague about that.
Thanks!
Somewhere in November 2014.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What do you have in your other room - the one that doesn't have the 5 SX-T2/R?
My family room gets a lot of traffic and it's where we do parties and karaoke. :D

So I have a pair of cheap JBL JRX212 speakers and 4 Velodyne SC-600 in-floor subs.

Definitely not a room where I want to keep any nice equipment.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
I think you have cheaper speakers there just so you have an excuse for your "singing" :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think you have cheaper speakers there just so you have an excuse for your "singing" :)
What? I resent that. :mad: :D

Why, with digital echo and compression features, I sound great. ;)

My issue is with people who feel the need to tough and grab my speakers. Like when I had the Phil3 in the family room, they got molested by so many people. :eek:

My plan is to sell the Orion and get a pair of the $5K-MSRP SX-8300. They would take the same spot the Orion3 now occupy. No way I would put any great speakers in my family room.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
What? I resent that. :mad: :D

Why, with digital echo and compression features, I sound great. ;)

My issue is with people who feel the need to tough and grab my speakers. Like when I had the Phil3 in the family room, they got molested by so many people. :eek:

My plan is to sell the Orion and get a pair of the $5K-MSRP SX-8300. They would take the same spot the Orion3 now occupy. No way I would put any great speakers in my family room.
Yes, I have no idea why people think towers are glorified tables. I'd like to install some "Step away from the speakers" alarms that go off if anyone comes within 2 feet of them!

The KEF 201/2 are in my family room and we have a few people from the neighborhood coming over. I'm afraid, I'm very afraid. At least the tops of the 201/2 aren't flat for anyone to put a wine glass on them!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I have no idea why people think towers are glorified tables. I'd like to install some "Step away from the speakers" alarms that go off if anyone comes within 2 feet of them!

The KEF 201/2 are in my family room and we have a few people from the neighborhood coming over. I'm afraid, I'm very afraid. At least the tops of the 201/2 aren't flat for anyone to put a wine glass on them!
Are you nuts? :eek:

No way I would ever put the $6K MSRP KEF 201/2 in a room where anyone can freely touch and pick up and do who-knows-what when you're not looking! :eek:

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Are you nuts? :eek:

No way I would ever put the $6K MSRP KEF 201/2 in a room where anyone can freely touch and pick up and do who-knows-what when you're not looking! :eek:
Yes, it's a scary scenario. I'm still debating what to do. They're screwed on to the stands so moving them isn't easy. On the other hand, if anything happens to them, I'll be sobbing like a little girl!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
RBH Update
The new giant modular tower (two SV-831s and two SV-1212Ns) from RBH will retail for under $9k pair!!!
I'm sure we'll have a lot more to say when it is actually released, but it's great this new SV flagship tower is $3K LESS than the T2/R tower! :eek:

I can see a lot more people buying the new SV flagship tower vs the T2/R towers!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sure we'll have a lot more to say when it is actually released, but it's great this new SV flagship tower is $3K LESS than the T2/R tower! :eek:

I can see a lot more people buying the new SV flagship tower vs the T2/R towers!
Given the T2 towers are being discontinued, that's a pretty safe bet!:)
(Or did I misinterpret? Will the "/r" version continue?)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Given the T2 towers are being discontinued, that's a pretty safe bet!:)
(Or did I misinterpret? Will the "/r" version continue?)
Just got word from RBH.

The SV that will be released in 6 months will eventually replace all SX speakers, including all T-systems.

People can still buy any of the SX series as long as RBH still has stock of the speakers. But once inventories are depleted, you cannot order anymore of the SX speakers.

Last edited:
trane251

trane251

Enthusiast
I was under the impression they would also be offering an "R" version of the SV series eventually… "SV/R"

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was under the impression they would also be offering an "R" version of the SV series eventually… "SV/R"
They should eventually, like Gene says.

But RBH hasn't even announced the replacement for the SX-8300 or 8300/R, which I assume would be the SV-8300 and SV-8300/R, which I assume would look like the SX-8300, but with the new finish.

If the SV-8300 & 8300/R prices also drop like the SV-6500, that is definitely a plus for customers.

Only bad thing is for customers who already own the SX-series and were planning on buying more of the SX speakers to match aesthetic. This is definitely one bad thing about building your system one-at-a-time. I guess it may be okay if you begin your first purchase at the release of the new series because that may give you 5 or 6 years.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can I be rude and ask for one more disclosure? Did you pay retail (minus a street discount) for those five RBH towers, or did you purchase them as a dealer for wholesale pricing?
I paid for them back in June 2014 (retail minus discount), which was way before I became a dealer.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Okay now I've said that the SX-T2/R are my LAST set of speakers I will ever NEED to buy.

I still feel this way. But now that I am officially a DEALER, I will have to keep up with the new models and fine space/room somehow.

So I will most likely get a pair of the new SV bookshelf when they come out in about 6 months just in case anyone wants to audition the sound of the new SV line. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis