Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I've been trying to talk the GF into a new TV for awhile now. I'm really laying it on thick now that Samsung has discontinued their plasmas. I wasn't in a position to make anything happen when panny ditched plasma, but I'm hoping to make a run at a big Sammy before they're either impossible to find or horribly overpriced.
64 inch 8500 plasma available at VE and for order on amazon to be delivered in two weeks , get them while you still can. The 60 inch suffers from an audible humming at distance up to ten feet whereas the 64 is relatively quiet, the 8500 series that is.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
64 inch 8500 plasma available at VE and for order on amazon to be delivered in two weeks , get them while you still can. The 60 inch suffers from an audible humming at distance up to ten feet whereas the 64 is relatively quiet, the 8500 series that is.
I don't see it. Must've missed it.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I don't see it. Must've missed it.
People are going ape shickt over these things, as fast as I posted the amazon deal they sold out the pre order for 14 sets available on the 14th. I know folks are buying them up for late spring E Bay gouging which really sux for folks looking to buy. I think you just have to check amazon every hour on the hour and buy it when it allows you to cart it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
People are going ape shickt over these things, as fast as I posted the amazon deal they sold out the pre order for 14 sets available on the 14th. I know folks are buying them up for late spring E Bay gouging which really sux for folks looking to buy. I think you just have to check amazon every hour on the hour and buy it when it allows you to cart it.
I'll keep checking. I'm curious to see if they even get anymore to put it back up.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I'll keep checking. I'm curious to see if they even get anymore to put it back up.
For the past three days I have seen 14 available through amazon then less then one half hour later they were gone next day same thing then tonight same thing, I know its legit because a few folks posted their deals going through.I guess amazon replenishes the stock ,posts it up then the various forum guys post it and wham , bam thank you sam sung , gone.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm still trying to find an E8000 that isn't too bad. I've given up on the 8500. Which one did you get? A 7000?
PN59D7000 ... yep, 7000. 3,400 hours for $600. It smokes my TH50PZ77U for PQ.

Heres one direct from samsung with free shipping at a very nice price
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/PN60F5300BFXZA
It's only a 5300. You wouldn't be able to hold your head up at the next Twis ... I mean GTG.

Never fear ... you can all buy LGs. Hahahahaha ... :D :D :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
PN59D7000 ... yep, 7000. 3,400 hours for $600. It smokes my TH50PZ77U for PQ.

It's only a 5300. You wouldn't be able to hold your head up at the next Twis ... I mean GTG.

Never fear ... you can all buy LGs. Hahahahaha ... :D :D :D
Obviously you are referring to the novice twister sisters , I have a 64 inch 8500 coming on Friday , brand new authorized dealer with a two year warranty and brother I am S T O K E D .

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Obviously you are referring to the novice twister sisters , I have a 64 inch 8500 coming on Friday , brand new authorized dealer with a two year warranty and brother I am S T O K E D .
Yall are so 1080......

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My man ... step right up to the mat with your bad self. :D

I just got the 2nd hand job (that's funny, right?) cooking with 1080p, 24p and deep color support (xvYCC), this thing really took off. The previous owner used somebody else's settings from AVS. I think going through my rec'r forced 1080i. I got rid of Edge Enhancement and turned off Motion Lighting. I think I had to set Picture Mode to movie to enable that xvYCC thing.

Okay, that's the basics. Now it's time for Spears and Munsil. You're gonna love that 8500 ... is that the model or the price? :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Spears and Munsiled out. All I can say is wow. The girl said wow. I even got it hooked up via wifi. 3-D is tuned in too. It's ready to hang in the living room. I don't think I'm going to take the Panny BDT DMP500 to the living room though. I don't care enough about 3-D to try working two players into a HT with a rec'r that doesn't work with 3-D and I like using the Oppo's analog audio outs. It's nice to have options.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You mean like this kind of envy

Or this kind?

:p
Dang bro! Nice score. You and Rob found 'em alright. Why can't Rick score that deal? I still would like to know how much? Sooner or later those mint 8500s will hit the used market and that will be my call to action. I shudder to think what you really do for money but I am nonetheless impressed.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I only wanna know how much they cost so I can think in terms of what saved.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
How much was that, Fuzz? It's showing $2500 right now.
The top picture is an E8000 I drove to pick up this morning for $1400. Not a bad price. I bought it because I didn't think I'd ever get in on that 8500 deal that was running.

Dang bro! Nice score. You and Rob found 'em alright. Why can't Rick score that deal? I still would like to know how much? Sooner or later those mint 8500s will hit the used market and that will be my call to action. I shudder to think what you really do for money but I am nonetheless impressed.
Well you see, I was trying to score that 8500 deal and I actually had it in my cart yesterday morning and was about to buy it when it got swiped out from under me. I really was not interested in playing that whole game where Amazon puts it up and it sells out in an instant and possibly miss my opportunity to get a nice E8000. So I go and pick it up this morning and get it all set up at home. As I'm trying to figure out the remote I pop on Amazon and out of morbid curiosity I see if the 8500 is in stock. It was and I hit "Buy it now" before I could even think about what I was doing.

I only wanna know how much they cost so I can think in terms of what saved.
I 100% cannot afford both Sammies. I'm trying to sell the Panny to see if I can maybe swing keeping both of them. If I can't sell the Panny, then one of the Sammies has to go. BUT I get to pick which one I keep. Make the GF happy and keep the cheaper one or make the Asian happy and keep the BNIB with warranty one. I think I can sell her on keeping the new one because of the warranty.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis