what bookshelf system?

P

PWalsh

Audiophyte
hi -
looking for a new pair of WAF friendly bookshelf speakers. will be replacing a pair of Axiom M22s. I will be pairing with outlaw RR2150 receiver, HSU STF-2 sub and Sony SACD-CE2000 disc player. The room is large;
27ft long, 15ft wide, 8 ft ceilings. The soundstage is in center of room, with a listening area that is approx 12 ft x 15ft listening area.

the WAF dictates a very finished look, piano black or dark wood.

Been considering NHT classic 3, PSB imagine mini, Monitor Audio silver.... would like to get input on what else to consider.

I understand that the right answer will include what sounds best in my room, to my ears, but any guidance at this stage is appreciated.

the pair must cost $1,000 or less....

Thanks!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
hi -
looking for a new pair of WAF friendly bookshelf speakers. will be replacing a pair of Axiom M22s. I will be pairing with outlaw RR2150 receiver, HSU STF-2 sub and Sony SACD-CE2000 disc player. The room is large;
27ft long, 15ft wide, 8 ft ceilings. The soundstage is in center of room, with a listening area that is approx 12 ft x 15ft listening area.

the WAF dictates a very finished look, piano black or dark wood.

Been considering NHT classic 3, PSB imagine mini, Monitor Audio silver.... would like to get input on what else to consider.

I understand that the right answer will include what sounds best in my room, to my ears, but any guidance at this stage is appreciated.

the pair must cost $1,000 or less....

Thanks!
Reviews on the PSB Minis... a very capable speaker and well received by all who have written reviews on them

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=368:psb-imagine-mini-loudspeakers&catid=55:full-length-reviews&Itemid=4

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
At that price range, you have some great options!

I own a pair of these, highly recommended
http://philharmonicaudio.com/philharmonitor.html

I have not heard these, but these would probably be my 2nd choice
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/SRM1/srm1.html
Between these two and nht classic 3 - i would be hard pressed to select a winner. All great speakers.
The choice at this point will have to come to your ears and eyes.
I think all 3 offer in home trials.
Psb and monitor audio are good too, but I'm not sure if they represent as good value as above mentioned ID brands.

P

PWalsh

Audiophyte
thank you all. will start inquires to get some in-home trials underway

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
thank you all. will start inquires to get some in-home trials underway
so, what did u decide to go with? I'd really like to know ur impressions of the Philharmonitor's & the AA Sierra-1's, that is if u demoed those 2 models. inquiring minds want to know. I already offered to be part of a speaker shootout in the Philadelphia area between the KEF LS50's and the AA Sierra-1's on another thread but got no takers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis