Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm surprised there seemed to be little interest in Dennis' new design. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/philharmonic-3-center-speaker.92711/

Maybe I should have named the thread differently...
NEW Dennis Murphy Design!
Philharmonic Audio Releases New Design!
New Design Completes Phil3 Set

Hard for me to believe ya'll aren't interested in his new speaker.
It's a nice center and at a great price point, especially for a WTMW designed by Dennis. Somewhere in between the original Phil Center and the other WTMW Phil center.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm surprised there seemed to be little interest in Dennis' new design. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/philharmonic-3-center-speaker.92711/
Are you happy, now? :D

I didn't even see that thread, or didn't realize that I did. Part of it is the new format - it's harder for me to read, honestly. Part of it might be that people thought that you were asking for suggestion, as opposed to saying that there will be one. Pure speculation from a man on vacation who has almost finished a tall bottle of 9+% ABV beer. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm always happy. Often confused, but always happy. Like still trying to figure out "Sir Mix-A-Lot". :confused:
Ahhh. Well, let's see if this helps. Combine...

I'm guessing there is something going on in that big Phil3 base that cannot be easily duplicated in a normal "slim" tower.
with...

I went with the lyrics version versus the video. That's a blast from my past, being a really popular song my junior year of college.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Adam, thank you. Never in a million years would I have gotten that. :)
Too old... too old fashioned. :D

However, I do remember a song kinda like this. I think it was, "I Like Big Butts".

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So it looks like it's going to snow wednesday, and I have a 4+ hour drive home. That plus traffic should be a blast.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I-95 at Thanksgiving can be a nightmare. Delaware and the bridge to NJ can be gridlocked.

Consider going through Pennsylvania, around Philadelphia, to Allentown, to I-287 in NJ, and then on to I-87 in New York.

The confused rain or snow forecast makes this choice harder. Good Luck!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Ugh! This forecast looks terrible. Unless you're in Buffalo.

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Good fireplace weather. Having 3 more cords delivered next week. :)

Just put 1 whole turkey and 3 turkey breasts on the smoker. Smells good outside.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
We might end up trying the PA route. If we're leaving around 1-130, you think I95 will still be terrible?

That forecast is pretty disconcerting. Looks like we're going to lose most of Wednesday just traveling. So we'll only end up with Thurs, Fri, and head back home Sat.

I-95 at Thanksgiving can be a nightmare. Delaware and the bridge to NJ can be gridlocked.

Consider going through Pennsylvania, around Philadelphia, to Allentown, to I-287 in NJ, and then on to I-87 in New York.

The confused rain or snow forecast makes this choice harder. Good Luck!
Ugh! This forecast looks terrible. Unless you're in Buffalo.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
We might end up trying the PA route. If we're leaving around 1-130, you think I95 will still be terrible?

That forecast is pretty disconcerting. Looks like we're going to lose most of Wednesday just traveling. So we'll only end up with Thurs, Fri, and head back home Sat.
I've done that route in the past - in decent weather. It's longer but it avoids heavy traffic on I-95. That's worth something to me, but YMMV.

But with this nasty looking storm tomorrow, I don't know what to say. Maybe the more heavily traveled I-95 route may have less snow and warmer pavement. Keep watching the weather forecasts to see if it changes any.

If it were me, I'd avoid driving on Wednesday. But that's no help to you :confused:. Good luck and arrive safe.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've done that route in the past - in decent weather. It's longer but it avoids heavy traffic on I-95. That's worth something to me, but YMMV.

But with this nasty looking storm tomorrow, I don't know what to say. Maybe the more heavily traveled I-95 route may have less snow and warmer pavement. Keep watching the weather forecasts to see if it changes any.

If it were me, I'd avoid driving on Wednesday. But that's no help to you :confused:. Good luck and arrive safe.
I think we've done a very similar route through PA before, but I can't remember exactly. It was longer and we got jammed right in Philly for about an hour.

That's a good point about I-95. More traffic means less chance of heavy buildup of snow. I think "damned if you do, damned if you don't" is going to apply tomorrow. Better make sure the phone is charged so I have something to keep me busy in traffic. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice anyways :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If we're leaving around 1-130
AM or PM? :D

I think 95 might get plowed better than less traveled routes. 287 is a must anytime other than 1:30 AM. I just did this drive so travel safe. Condoms at the rest stops are a must.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
I think we've done a very similar route through PA before, but I can't remember exactly. It was longer and we got jammed right in Philly for about an hour.

That's a good point about I-95. More traffic means less chance of heavy buildup of snow. I think "damned if you do, damned if you don't" is going to apply tomorrow. Better make sure the phone is charged so I have something to keep me busy in traffic. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice anyways :D
Is taking amtrak an option?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
AM or PM? :D

I think 95 might get plowed better than less traveled routes. 287 is a must anytime other than 1:30 AM. I just did this drive so travel safe. Condoms at the rest stops are a must.
PM. I think either way I'm screwed. Depending on how the snow is looking I may stick to 95.

Is taking amtrak an option?
You know, I hadn't even thought about that. Although that would leave us without a car while we're up there. However, it might be something to look into over Christmas break and maybe just rent a car for a couple days.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Turkey came out pretty good...
View attachment 14347
Looks good but thanksgiving isn't for 2 days?

Me and my sons will go pick up our bird tomorrow morning, Its funny it seems like it was just the other day that I was posting pics of last thanksgivings birds... We get our Turkey at Ekonk Turkey farm, fresh, farm raised, free range birds, they taste much "different/better" than what the supermarket sells for some reason... http://ekonkhillturkeyfarm.com/ I will pick it up tomorrow, debone it, soak the deboned body in brine all night, then around 4 am take it all out of the brine and stuff it with stuffing, and a deboned 12lb chicken, kind of a tradition, it makes the turkey taste even better, but man is it a lot of work, and stressful as anything you do once a year and if mess up 37 people go with out eating on a national holiday, lol.. I normally buy 2 turkeys and don't tell anyone about the second one, I throw it in the garage cooler as a back up, and then give it to a friend of mine after the first one comes out perfect... He cooks it all up and always brings me a sandwich, that I don't have the heart to tell him I never eat because its always a couple days after thanksgiving and I am so sick of turkey its not funny, lol...

ANYWAY< happy early thanksgiving everyone, I have been and will be super busy this week so havent had much time to post, I am sure you noticed and missed me.... We are having 40ish people over thursday and 8 are staying through to monday {actually fly in tomorrow morning to monday}....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis