Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Don't you get a discount through the school?
I do, but I had to go to a mechanic for this since the school would have taken 3 days to get it all done. I'm not sure why since it usually takes me about 2 hours to do all 4 break pads and the oil, and that's without a lift and with none of their training. Anyways, I don't have another car and the GF is stressed out of her mind, so asking her to drop me off and pick me up for a few days wouldn't have gone over well. It is, what it is. I'm just glad that when I tap the brakes it doesn't make horrible noises at me anymore.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
In other news, I 100% feel like some sort of addict. The Xbox One I ordered won't be here for another 8ish days and I'm already feeling that addict itch. I haven't played video games in like 3 years since my 360 crapped the bed, but I got a taste about 2 weeks ago at a little get together I went to. Since then I've been agonizing over PS4 or Xbox One. Watching some of the side by side stuff, it looks like the PS4 wins hands down in terms of graphics, but I've always been a fan of Xbox exclusive series like Halo and Gears of War so I couldn't talk myself into going back to playstation.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Don't get me started on teachers and the system that protects them... Don't get me wrong, a good teacher is an awesome thing but there are far too many clueless teachers.

Just this year my son is dealing with an eighth grade algebra teacher who randomly spot checks homework of just a couple of students a day while he walks the class. Oh, and you get an all or nothing grade...100 or 0. My boy just got a zero on his homework the other day... All his answers we correct and he showed his work and wrote paragraphs explaining logic/process. The "teacher" didn't like the way he explained his work. Total bull! He did all that work and received a zero...the same grade as someone who got everything completely wrong but didn't get randomly checked that day... by the way...this zero dropped his grade from a 98 to a 94... 4 percent... at the end of a marking period. How is that possible??? My wife is looking into this with the school.:mad:

He also has an English teacher that is so gung ho that she gets giddy. Assigning an essay is like giving Christmas presents to her. She is doing assignments based on fairytales. My son received a zero on an assignment where he was supposed to just explain what he knew about four fairytail stories. The stories were Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel and the movie Frost. Real fair for an only male child 14 year old student who told her he had no knowledge of any of these stories and asked for help... She told him to just do the best he can.(that's quality teaching right there.) So he is supposed to explain girl fairytails that he has never read or seen and was told it was ok that he didn't know what they were about jsut do your best and then gets a zero even after asking for guidance and not getting any...

He's a 14yo boy for Christs sake! Frost? Snow White? Sleeping Beauty? I'll give her Hansel and Gretel but whats up with this fairytail crap in 8th grade?:confused: She is a strict grader also, which is fine but my son tells me only two kids in his class of distinguished honor students are getting a 90 or over this marking period.

It's almost like these two teachers are trying to undermine students just to prove they are smarter than the kids they are teaching.

My son is a quiet kid and an honor/distinguished honor student and the only time he has ever been in any trouble is while protecting himself. Teachers tend to love him so I don't believe it's him but the teachers that are the problem.

He does like his science teacher (She seams tough but fair and have common sense) and social studies teacher (he's a guy who you'd never guess would be a teacher let alone a good one).:)

end rant...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well that's inconvenient. The pin that holds the hinge on my monitor stand just snapped. So much for that. I'm not sure I can even get a new pin.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm on 24 hr duty right now, at least there is wi-fi....
There better be some other stuff going on on the internet ... even Adam found something else to do today.

... and I better start doing something else.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Kind of. I'm just dunking my new balls in water.
you should do that very often, maybe that is why you needed new ones, I dunk mine a couple times a day, almost 35 years and they still look new... well kind of.....

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Don't get me started on teachers and the system that protects them... Don't get me wrong, a good teacher is an awesome thing but there are far too many clueless teachers.

Just this year my son is dealing with an eighth grade algebra teacher who randomly spot checks homework of just a couple of students a day while he walks the class. Oh, and you get an all or nothing grade...100 or 0. My boy just got a zero on his homework the other day... All his answers we correct and he showed his work and wrote paragraphs explaining logic/process. The "teacher" didn't like the way he explained his work. Total bull! He did all that work and received a zero...the same grade as someone who got everything completely wrong but didn't get randomly checked that day... by the way...this zero dropped his grade from a 98 to a 94... 4 percent... at the end of a marking period. How is that possible??? My wife is looking into this with the school.:mad:

He also has an English teacher that is so gung ho that she gets giddy. Assigning an essay is like giving Christmas presents to her. She is doing assignments based on fairytales. My son received a zero on an assignment where he was supposed to just explain what he knew about four fairytail stories. The stories were Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel and the movie Frost. Real fair for an only male child 14 year old student who told her he had no knowledge of any of these stories and asked for help... She told him to just do the best he can.(that's quality teaching right there.) So he is supposed to explain girl fairytails that he has never read or seen and was told it was ok that he didn't know what they were about jsut do your best and then gets a zero even after asking for guidance and not getting any...

He's a 14yo boy for Christs sake! Frost? Snow White? Sleeping Beauty? I'll give her Hansel and Gretel but whats up with this fairytail crap in 8th grade?:confused: She is a strict grader also, which is fine but my son tells me only two kids in his class of distinguished honor students are getting a 90 or over this marking period.

It's almost like these two teachers are trying to undermine students just to prove they are smarter than the kids they are teaching.

My son is a quiet kid and an honor/distinguished honor student and the only time he has ever been in any trouble is while protecting himself. Teachers tend to love him so I don't believe it's him but the teachers that are the problem.

He does like his science teacher (She seams tough but fair and have common sense) and social studies teacher (he's a guy who you'd never guess would be a teacher let alone a good one).:)

end rant...
I totally understand, some teachers are awesome and some are just clueless, My oldest son has a math teacher that is a great gun, seems like he really knows how to get the kids involved and thinking, he told me he gets the kids to teach the class, which I didn't understand until I went for the parents observe day and seen how he had the kids alive and excited about the material, they were working with linear equations and he had the kids standing in front of the class wearing velcro letters and numbers, so for something like 2m + 3 = 3m - 3 would be 9 kids standing up there in a line with the rest of the class figuring it out, then the first kid who went and wrote the answer on the board got a credit for the day, and he graded his kids on those credits. You had to get so many credits to pass the class and then any past passing showed you grade...
The kids were so involved it was insane, when I asked my son how often the class was like that he said EVERY ONE!!! They had to move this teachers class to a classroom near the gym because it was so loud... You would think the shy kids grades would suffer but he told us that he has been teaching this was for 11 years and it hasnt yet been an issue, every one is out of their seat and getting involved, he even made a comment about disabled kids, that are not as mobile over the years, like wheel chairs and leg braces, he said he gives them their own board and they end up with an advantage that they deserve...

The grading is what impressed me he had it so well tuned you can tell he put a ton of thought into it, a student was only allowed so many credits a day and they were worth less if you answered the same type of problem a twice in a row, and you were only to answer the problems twice, so that gave the other kids a chance, he said in an hour class he asks 120 questions per class and its never the same kids getting credits, its very uniform...

I was impressed as were a lot of other parents... granted this school isnt "public" and has a lot of smart kids with very little behavioral issues, so that gives the teachers the room to actually teach vs discipline and teach...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder who all ignores me ... o_O

I know you're out there you &()&^#%^^_)(*'s

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis