Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Everybody that wins buys at least one. :)
I win every time I don't buy a ticket, I would buy $10 of tickets each week so I win $10 a week, if its been 11 years since I stopped buying them I have won over $5500 to date, YAY... I used to buy them until I read how it is a tax on the poor!!! after reading that article years ago I would rather wack my self in the d!ck with a tack hammer than buy a ticket...
yodel or lottery ticket, Doh....

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I win every time I don't buy a ticket...
Not losing is different than winning. If it wasn't, then I've won every sporting event in my lifetime that I didn't participate in. I effing cleaned up at the last Olympics, because heck, I didn't even watch those. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Not losing is different than winning. If it wasn't, then I've won every sporting event in my lifetime that I didn't participate in. I effing cleaned up at the last Olympics, because heck, I didn't even watch those. :D
Now your getting it... lol

sports and games are competitions, contests of chance are not the same and what "they" do is trick you into thinking not winning and losing are not the same thing, when they are, you started with $2 and ended with $0 so you lost, since people don't see it as a loss, not losing the $2 is there for a win....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...contests of chance are not the same and what "they" do is trick you into thinking not winning and losing are not the same thing, when they are, you started with $2 and ended with $0 so you lost, since people don't see it as a loss, not losing the $2 is there for a win....
You didn't lose that $2 if you bought a ticket without the winning numbers...you just didn't win. It's a speculative investment, like the stock market or any investment. It's not a speculative investment with a high percentage of making money :), but it's still an investment.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You didn't lose that $2 if you bought a ticket without the winning numbers...you just didn't win. It's a speculative investment, like the stock market or any investment. It's not a speculative investment with a high percentage of making money :), but it's still an investment.
I still disagree Adam, an investment will still leave you owning something, all you own when you don't "win" the lottery is the receipt... In the stock market you own your shares, can they be worthless? sure but in most cases you have the chance to sell them when they are still worth something, in the lottery you can't even wipe your @ss with the reciept/ticket because the paper is super rough....

When I played football my couch invented a game {truly one of the last openly sadistic people allowed to be around children}, it was called the lottery...
there were 2 versions
The first one you had to partake in- you picked a number out of a helmet and that was the players number you had to hit when he was not looking, you earned this privilege by doing well in practice and games, the players numbers in the helmet earned that dis-privilege by not doing well...
The second one was voluntary-You picked a number out of the hat if it was yours you got to take the practice off if not, you were a hit dummy for the entire practice and at the end of practice had to run a lap for every time you fell down... {I later found out he pulled your number if you wanted to take the chance, so you had no chance}
I guess since I was a kid I didn't like the lottery, but I used to play it all the time...

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I still disagree Adam, an investment will still leave you owning something, all you own when you don't "win" the lottery is the receipt... In the stock market you own your shares, can they be worthless? sure but in most cases you have the chance to sell them when they are still worth something, in the lottery you can't even wipe your @ss with the reciept/ticket because the paper is super rough....
You could still sell the ticket while it's worth something, too. ;)

Whatever, dude, it's a dollar. :D I bet you and I p*ss that much away without a second thought on who knows what. The extra $1 I spend for a soda in a vending machine versus buying it at the store give me no chance of winning a few million (but I do it because it's convenient). I don't view the lottery as a "stupid tax" like some folks do. That said, I also don't play it. Because I'm "smart?" Nah, just too lazy.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Gambling in general is not for me but I'm desperate to be rich without having worked for it.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You could still sell the ticket while it's worth something, too. ;)

Whatever, dude, it's a dollar. :D I bet you and I p*ss that much away without a second thought on who knows what. The extra $1 I spend for a soda in a vending machine versus buying it at the store give me no chance of winning a few million (but I do it because it's convenient). I don't view the lottery as a "stupid tax" like some folks do. That said, I also don't play it. Because I'm "smart?" Nah, just too lazy.
Adam, you are arguing a point and you don't play the lottery, you need to go write an amazon review because you must be bored... And lottery tickets are $2 here...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam, you are arguing a point and you don't play the lottery, you need to go write an amazon review because you must be bored... And lottery tickets are $2 here...
$2?! That's highway robbery, I tell you.

Btw, I have played the lottery in the past - but whether I play or not, I can still have thoughts about it. Besides - you already said that you don't play. :p

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I don't play anymore, I was hoping you could convince me to go get some tickets, but I guess you are not up to the task...:D
I'm not going to be happy until I turn you all into closed mind argumentative @$$wholes like me...

I should buy some tickets, first thing i buy is this http://www.ebay.com/itm/311050328393 9.0 that is fking insane....

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't play anymore, I was hoping you could convince me to go get some tickets, but I guess you are not up to the task...:D
I'm not going to be happy until I turn you all into closed mind argumentative @$$wholes like me...

I should buy some tickets, first thing i buy is this Action Comics 1 June 1938 Superman's Debut CGC 9 0 Perfect White Pages | eBay 9.0 that is fking insane....
Totally unrelated to this post, but I ordered a high sierra shower head. Awaiting its arrival. I ended up going with the 1.8GPM model since they advised that for shower heads that were above a certain height.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Totally unrelated to this post, but I ordered a high sierra shower head. Awaiting its arrival. I ended up going with the 1.8GPM model since they advised that for shower heads that were above a certain height.
Good for you, I hope you love it, I love mine, I don't have personal experience with the 1.8 you are going to have to let me know, I actually get around 1.25gpm out of mine because i have a limiter on each shower stall.... 1.8 is still a good savings over other heads out there...

unrelated to the boring thread? Thats an awful good oxymoron.. get it awful good? that is seriously funny...{another one}

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the semantic road map, man. You almost lost me.

:D
Well I know your not a big baby and have common sense but I was absolutely unsure if you would just turn a blind eye to my jokes, not that you're the type to keep your eyes wide shut. As far as the lottery goes we will have to agree to disagree, but if anyone plays the lottery and enjoys it keep doing it because it would be a dark day if you didn't play and your numbers came in, I wouldn't wish such ill fortune on anybody, I wish they would give you even odds, but since that's not how it works, I'll stick to my initial conclusion and keep my objective opinion to my self from now on, although it is a little more than an educated guess that even if you only buy a single pair of tickets each week in a random pattern you will lose money in the end, losing money is one of my least favorite things to do unless it is my only choice, believing you will hit the lottery is a real fantasy, although I am sadly amused at the thought of a walmart employee hitting the lottery and never shopping at walmart again, that would be a true story I could appreciate, well this post is soaring down and I know I am acting like a man child or at best a young adult here so I will stop, I am not terribly pleased that I am running out of oxymorons to use, I was thinking outloud coming up with them and my wife was like "who are you talking to?" I explained the post and she addedJumbo shrimp and sharp curve....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Tomorrow ought to be a breeze. Lots of sleep, no sweets and Salmon for supper. Wish me luck. nite

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis