What are you watching tonight?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Despite reminding me of a Batman knock off, I'm hooked now. I'm going through all the episodes carried currently by Netflix. Its extremely palatable not seeing commercials :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Despite reminding me of a Batman knock off, I'm hooked now. I'm going through all the episodes carried currently by Netflix. Its extremely palatable not seeing commercials :)
Maybe that is why it grabbed you, no commercials. ;)
But then, I am biased, we follow the series.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched The Wolverine and enjoyed it more than the first one and cool Aura Butt BASS on it too.:D I also watched The Lego Movie. Really enjoyed it and also alot of Aura Butt BASS. A+ for both. :)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I just watched Flight of the Phoenix. Unfortunately it was on Amazon Prime as opposed to BR which really neutered the low end. Interesting flick all the same, but I might have to go back to my demo disc and rewatch the crash :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I just watched Flight of the Phoenix. Unfortunately it was on Amazon Prime as opposed to BR which really neutered the low end. Interesting flick all the same, but I might have to go back to my demo disc and rewatch the crash :D
Demo Disc! Demo Disc! Demo Disc!

In other news, watched Bad Words yesterday and thought it was pretty good. Funny, profane, a bit racist, and not without a profuse amount of the F-word, but enjoyable all the same.

Today my journey took me in a very different direction and I ended up watching Citizen X. Quite enjoyed it and found it to be really interesting. It's about the first serial killer caught in Russia and about the forensic analyst that persevered over about 7 years to finally catch him. It talks a little about how the communist party attempted to deny serial killers existed in their country to appear better than the West and all that jazz. Not sure how true it all was, but overall a good flick.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm a fan of "Arrow." Watched the first season on Netflix, then the second season on TV.
One thing that pisses me off about "Arrow" is why the heck doesn't he wear body armor like Batman? :eek:

You'd think a billionaire could afford the same toys as Bruce Wayne. At least Kevlar or something lighter. Sheesh. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Today my journey took me in a very different direction and I ended up watching Citizen X. Quite enjoyed it and found it to be really interesting. It's about the first serial killer caught in Russia and about the forensic analyst that persevered over about 7 years to finally catch him. It talks a little about how the communist party attempted to deny serial killers existed in their country to appear better than the West and all that jazz. Not sure how true it all was, but overall a good flick.
Wow that is a coincidence, I saw that was up streaming on amazon prime and just watched that on impulse a few days ago. I hadn't seen it for many years. Terrific movie. Really reminiscent of Fritz Lang's M, so much so that I went ahead and bought the M blu ray a day later, on Saturday, because Citizen X put me in the mood. Both terrific movies, and easily a couple of the best films made about serial killers.

I will add that one of the best first sentences of a movie review was a review for Citizen X:
It might give some pause that I find a film about a serial killer who not only murdered 53 people–well more than half of them under the age of seventeen–but who jerked off while stabbing them and then ate their genitals, a rare work of art that renews and invigorates my faith in mankind.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Wow that is a coincidence, I saw that was up streaming on amazon prime and just watched that on impulse a few days ago. I hadn't seen it for many years. Terrific movie. Really reminiscent of Fritz Lang's M, so much so that I went ahead and bought the M blu ray a day later, on Saturday, because Citizen X put me in the mood. Both terrific movies, and easily a couple of the best films made about serial killers.

I will add that one of the best first sentences of a movie review was a review for Citizen X:
Hmm, I've never heard of M. I'll have to look into it and see if I can find a way to rent it.

I thought Citizen X was excellent and was a bit surprised at what a good cast it had. I kinda want to watch it again since I wasn't giving it 100% of my attention for the entire movie.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World B- Could have been better. Steve and Kiera were great though. Not for a second watch though.:p

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hmm, I've never heard of M. I'll have to look into it and see if I can find a way to rent it.

I thought Citizen X was excellent and was a bit surprised at what a good cast it had. I kinda want to watch it again since I wasn't giving it 100% of my attention for the entire movie.
M is a classic which is widely regarded as one of the great films. One of the first, if not the first, police procedurals. One of the first movies to take a realistic look at serial killers, as up to that point movies concerning serial killers tended to be Jack the Ripper melodramas. It's also a masterpiece of visual formalism, whose cinematography makes it perhaps the strongest link between Expressionism and Noir. It also made a star out of Peter Lorre. It's easy to find a streamed copy or a DL of M since it is in the public domain, but I would encourage you to try to get the Criterion Blu Ray release, as it deserves the very best treatment and presentation.

One more thing about Citizen X, I have not read the book it is based off of, but from what I understand, it does stick relatively close to true events. I did read the Red Ripper, also about Andrei Chikatilo, many years ago, but I don't remember much about it, except that it was fairly gruesome.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw "Manhattan" the other night. It is on the same channel as "Salem" - WGN.

I like it. Will be watching the rest of the season. Another winner from WGN. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I finally finished watching the whole Sopranos series. I was very disappointed with the ending. :eek:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Well, I finally finished watching the whole Sopranos series. I was very disappointed with the ending. :eek:
I recently watched that series as well. I liked the ending, but I wasn't big on the series. It wasn't bad, but it didn't live up to all the hype that was given to it over the years. If felt like an extended and meandering version of Goodfellas. It had its moments though.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy today in IMAX 3D and really enjoyed it. The 3D was a mixed bag, but, the movie itself is awesome. I'm most likely going to see it again in 2D.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I thought it was an awesome movie. Sad ending, though. :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Parent Trap.

Lindsey may have grown up to become a hot mess, but she's still a cute kid in that movie.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Haha, yeah. Overall one of the better series I've watched, though. I also found it sickly funny (I loved watching Tony Soprano when he gets mad in therapy haha..)

The Parent Trap.

Lindsey may have grown up to become a hot mess, but she's still a cute kid in that movie.
Natural progression. Next she'll either die or have a redemption (which will include a TV show about that redemption). Unless she becomes a Courtney Love, in which case she'll have such a drug tolerance that overdosing is simply impossible.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis