RBH Sound Owner's Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
And I am looking to bi amp these 6300's too since I want to tone down the bass as well. Never would I have ever guessed that I would be saying that about a tower speaker. How the heck did RBH Sound get so much bass in this tower. This is a positive, not a negative.
I guess the six of the 6" woofers per pair of towers equal to about one of the SX-1010 subwoofer. I tested one SX-1010 sub in my 18' x 20' x 12' family room, and it was shaking the walls like a rag doll. :eek: So I can see why you are getting a lot of bass in your room.

What are you thinking of using to bi-amp the SX-6300/R towers?

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I guess the six of the 6" woofers per pair of towers equal to about one of the SX-1010 subwoofer. I tested one SX-1010 sub in my 18' x 20' x 12' family room, and it was shaking the walls like a rag doll. :eek: So I can see why you are getting a lot of bass in your room.

What are you thinking of using to bi-amp the SX-6300/R towers?
Not sure yet. I was looking at the two amp you suggested. I also wonder what would happen if the tube integrated was added what would happen with the SS amp to power the drivers. Guess if I did that I could power the drivers with the ATI, but there is no gain knob. That wouldn't work.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure yet. I was looking at the two amp you suggested. I also wonder what would happen if the tube integrated was added what would happen with the SS amp to power the drivers. Guess if I did that I could power the drivers with the ATI, but there is no gain knob. That wouldn't work.
Yeah, you need an amp with gain control to bi-amp the towers. I wonder how much are those RBH SA-500DSP sub amps? They look pretty. :D

ATI AT1202 stereo amp has gain controls in the back & 12V trigger. $300 HSU 500W mono amp has gain control in front, but no 12V trigger. 1 amp can be used to bi-amp both towers.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/500w-amp.html

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
The control freek.....
The Schiit looks better and made in USA.. Thanks.
Couldn't this be added to make the 2002 amp power the sub drivers and the n the integrated drives the mids and tweeter.
Yes, the Control Freak (balanced model) would even allow you to use XLRs if you so choose. Maybe even get 2 (Schiit) if you want to independently control volume on the towers (due to placement).

Last edited:
N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
I wouldn't buy anything name "schiit" or even sound like that. :eek: :D

And yeah, he loves EMO. Don't bring it up again. :D
Oops, I just did! The next time I do it, I may have to quote Ms. Spears. I think I'll go hide under the table now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The control freek.....
The Schiit looks better and made in USA.. Thanks.
Couldn't this be added to make the 2002 amp power the sub drivers and the n the integrated drives the mids and tweeter.
The Integrated stereo amp (which is an amp with volume control) could power & control the subwoofer drivers.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For the EMP reviews I'll add this one which was one of the big deciding factors in my own purchase of these speakers...
EMP Tek E5Bi Bookshelf Speaker Reviewed
Yeah...........about that. I tend to only look at "reviews" that have actual measurements. ;) :D

Speaking of measurements, it seems to me that every single measured RBH speaker measures accurately from +/-1.5dB to +/-3.0dB on listening window F.R.

Great frequency responses. Great dynamics. Great sound. Great versatility. Great value. ;)

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Yeah...........about that. I tend to only look at "reviews" that have actual measurements. ;) :D

Speaking of measurements, it seems to me that every single measured RBH speaker measures very accurately from +/-1.5dB to +/-2.5dB on listening window F.R.

Great frequency responses. Great dynamics. Great sound. Great versatility. Great value. ;)
You know the guys over at Ascend will argue with you about this. They say my SX6300/R's have a big bass emphsis.. Look.

This is what was said.
The RBH's have an up to 6-8 db worth of exaggeration/emphasis between 80hz to 180hz..

The Sierra Towers are extremely linear and do not have that emphasis. If that emphasis is what you desire, you are not going to get it with the Sierra Towers.

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You know the guys over at Ascend will argue with you about this. They say my SX6300/R's have a big bass emphsis.. Look.

This is what was said.
The RBH's have an up to 6-8 db worth of exaggeration/emphasis between 80hz to 180hz..

The Sierra Towers are extremely linear and do not have that emphasis. If that emphasis is what you desire, you are not going to get it with the Sierra Towers.
1st, the salient region to me is the listening window response between 200Hz-10kHz. This is the most important and critical region, not below 200Hz.

2nd, I've seen speakers that measure extremely flat and accurate that sounded very bad to me.

I'm all about the salient points - great actual sound quality performance, accurate listening window response, and versatility. ;)

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
To be honest the only specs I look at on speakers and they are probably not important is how low they will play and sensitivity. While accurate speakers may be the best, I found that I didn't enjoy them as much... So even if the RBH had really bad measurements, it's a speaker I really love.. The only improvement on them to me may be a RAAL ribbon but on bad recordings that tweeter is hard to listen too. I know from experience. So my RBH may be like a German Shepherd. It may not be the best at one thing but it's second best at everything.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
To be honest the only specs I look at on speakers and they are probably not important is how low they will play and sensitivity. While accurate speakers may be the best, I found that I didn't enjoy them as much... So even if the RBH had really bad measurements, it's a speaker I really love.. The only improvement on them to me may be a RAAL ribbon but on bad recordings that tweeter is hard to listen too. I know from experience. So my RBH may be like a German Shepherd. It may not be the best at one thing but it's second best at everything.
Measurement has a purpose. But speakers that sound the best to you are the best speakers regardless of any measurement. ;)

I used to own speakers with RAAL tweeters, Beryllium tweeters, and Diamond tweeters. They all do a great job. But it didn't seem to matter all that much when all is said and done, especially when compared to the superb Scan-Speak 9500 tweeter used in all the RBH Reference speakers. ;)

Actual sound performance (clarity, detail, bass, image, soundstage) is salient to me.

But I also care about the critical listening window frequency response (200Hz-10Hz) and well as the versatility (active bi-amp capability). RBH seems to care about all these things as well. And that is why I like RBH. ;)

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing for nothing, but your signature photo looks so much more bland nowadays :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
New RBH review - RBH SX-1212P/R subwoofer:

"From 12.5-40Hz the SX-1212P/R produced the highest output that Audioholics has recorded from any subwoofer reviewed to date."

RBH Sound SX-1212P/R Subwoofer Review | Audioholics

I know the SX-1010P/R can shake the room like a rag doll in an earth quake. So, of course, the SX-1212P/R would output even more. But I didn't really expect it to produce the highest 12.5-40Hz output ever recorded by Joshua Ricci for Audioholics. :eek: :D

The only "negative" point I can see the weight. :D

The SX-1212P/R (active) is 130 LBS and the SX-1212N/R (passive) is 120 LBS.

The SX-1010N/R (passive) is only about 75 LBS - more to my liking. :D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
So I may have missed it, when do you become an RBH owner? Cause that stock photo is lame, we need to see them installed!! (and I'll come visit next time I drive to Austin for F1)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...that stock photo is lame...
Again.....Hurtful ? :( :D

I will definitely post pictures of my new system once it is up and running. ;)

Even with 5 big black towers, my new system will seem very banal compared to the old crazy system. But I am utterly cool with that. :)

Well, actually, there will be 7 towers in the room including the 2 piano red Linkwitz Orion 3.2.1 towers. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis