What are you watching tonight?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched the last Underworld BluRay last night. The bass track is very hot in this film and I had to get the paddles out to restart my ole ticker.
That's why it is listed in one or more of the "killer bass movies" threads :) It is definitely bass heavy.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched the last Underworld BluRay last night. The bass track is very hot in this film and I had to get the paddles out to restart my ole ticker.
Ah, my favorite franchise movies. :D

1. Underworld
2. Bourne
3. Wolverine :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know I am way behind, but I am on season 3 of "The Sopranos". I recently finished "The Shield" series. :D

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I know I am way behind, but I am on season 3 of "The Sopranos". I recently finished "The Shield" series. :D
SAME! Haha. The Shield was a good series, Sopranos is really well done.. I'm on Season 4 now and really enjoy putting them on. I like the humor mixed in.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've been watching Pawn Stars (seasons 5 and 6) the past few days. Not every episode is great, but I find it entertaining and actually learn some stuff, too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
SAME! Haha. The Shield was a good series, Sopranos is really well done.. I'm on Season 4 now and really enjoy putting them on. I like the humor mixed in.
Yeah, I actually tried watching The Sopranos a few times, but I never got hooked until I finally gave it a chance.

"The Wire" is next after I finish the Sopranos, but that may take some time.

So many great shows, so little time. :D

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, I actually tried watching The Sopranos a few times, but I never got hooked until I finally gave it a chance.

"The Wire" is next after I finish the Sopranos, but that may take some time.

So many great shows, so little time. :D
Yeah, Sopranos takes some time! The writers have really kept things interesting. I think it's mostly because of all the sub-plots that people can relate to: from 'the empty nest' of kids growing up/going to college, to depression, to the crazy sister/family member, to figuring out how to raise kids, to how people handle tragedy. The 'gangster' part got me interested, but, empathizing with the characters (even, at times, the sociopathic ones!) got me hooked.

Is Dr. Melfi similar to a real psychiatrist & psychologist? She is using 'Freudian style' therapy rather than the 'behaviorism' that seems to be popular today. I always wonder what she's learning or driving at - as does Tony hehe with what her point is. Almost need a shrink to help you decode hehe.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Machete Kills on Netflix. LOL. Not quite as good as the first one, but pretty close with the same gore, over the top action and humor. "Machete don't tweet" Fun, mindless entertainment.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Boston Legal is funny, and I tend to dislike law shows. DENNY CRANE!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
300 Rise of an Empire:

Vudu got m again: $19.99 for the movie in 1080 Dolby Digital + 7.1, still sounded good and I like the mindless action of this movie almost as much as the first one.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
300 Rise of an Empire:

Vudu got m again: $19.99 for the movie in 1080 Dolby Digital + 7.1, still sounded good and I like the mindless action of this movie almost as much as the first one.
I really enjoyed this movie. Themistocles is like king Leonidas with a brain. :D

Will watch it again this weekend. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I really enjoyed this movie. Themistocles is like king Leonidas with a brain. :D

Will watch it again this weekend. :D
Spot on description of Themistocles! I will be watching again as well. Eva Green is not bad on the eyes either and makes a great villain Artemisia

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Spot on description of Themistocles! I will be watching again as well. Eva Green is not bad on the eyes either and makes a great villain Artemisia
Oh, yeah, love Eva Green too. :D

This movie actually made me like the original "300" even more because I know they did not die in vain. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched Dred on Netflix last night and they only offered it with a stereo soundtrack. Very entertaining movie but nothing I would rush out and get a BluRay copy of.

The night before that, I rented 47 Ronin. Kineau Reeve's sucks as an actor but this flick also kept me entertained. I guess I have a think for Japanese witches.. :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched Dred on Netflix last night and they only offered it with a stereo soundtrack. Very entertaining movie but nothing I would rush out and get a BluRay copy of.
Stereo would be disappointing with that one IMO, since it has some of the best audio around. It is the only movie so far mastered for 11.2 extension AFAIK and sounded pretty damn great, not to mention it looked excellent in 3D. The movie is just good though :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Stereo would be disappointing with that one IMO, since it has some of the best audio around. It is the only movie so far mastered for 11.2 extension AFAIK and sounded pretty damn great, not to mention it looked excellent in 3D. The movie is just good though :)
That brings up the question, who decides what soundtrack gets included in the netflix release? Its a fairly recent release so I was surprised by the stereo only soundtrack. I'm grateful for Dolby Prologic II in this instance.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know, but there are quite a few recent action movies that they've offered up with stereo only, to the point that I wouldn't even watch them.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That brings up the question, who decides what soundtrack gets included in the netflix release? Its a fairly recent release so I was surprised by the stereo only soundtrack. I'm grateful for Dolby Prologic II in this instance.
Most likely Netflix as I am sure they buy the discs from the makers directly in huge bulk and are quoted $$$ depending what is stamped on it. But, this is my guess only.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, Dredd (2012) needs to be seen in full surround sound.

The 0.5 Caliber machine gun scene where they were trying to kill Dred is pure eye candy. :D

I like this movie.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dredd is 5.1 on Amazon Prime.
On Netflix/Prime Stories We Tell A+ Loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis