Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
How do you like the Western Electric 13A horns made for Warner Brothers in 1926?

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
How do you like the Western Electric 13A horns made for Warner Brothers in 1926?
Horns are interesting. Van Zyl brought his home horns to the Lone Star Audio Conference this year and they looked like something from space invaders.

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

Part of me is glad that he's doing well.

The other part of me felt better thinking that maybe he had a good excuse for not posting. You know, like being in a coma.

:D
That's interesting. I picture him locked up in a trunk downstairs in Doug's basement wearing a gimp suit and ball gag.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I picture him locked up in a trunk downstairs in Doug's basement wearing a gimp suit and ball gag.
I was about to make fun of your fantasies, but as I prepped my response, an image of a shirtless Doug with breasts pulling a Pulp Fiction basement scene on Alex popped into my head. :eek:

It's too early to start drinking, but I might just have to do it. Well, or take a screwdriver to my ear canal to bore that image out.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm visiting the in-laws this weekend; had a nice traffic free drive between 10PM and 5:30AM, but there was one scary moment with a raccoon scampering across the road. I'm always on alert for deer and such, but in this case, he was difficult to see since it was the middle of the night and his color scheme blended into the road nicely. I don't imagine a 70mph collision would have been beneficial for either party.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm visiting the in-laws this weekend; had a nice traffic free drive between 10PM and 5:30AM, but there was one scary moment with a raccoon scampering across the road. I'm always on alert for deer and such, but in this case, he was difficult to see since it was the middle of the night and his color scheme blended into the road nicely. I don't imagine a 70mph collision would have been beneficial for either party.
Glad all parties are okay :) and that you got to the in-laws. Well, assuming that you like them. :D

You probably said, but what ever happened with your Funk(y) sub? Did you just take a discount, or did you get a replacement?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Part of me is glad that he's doing well.

The other part of me felt better thinking that maybe he had a good excuse for not posting. You know, like being in a coma.
:D

I was kidding with him, asked if he got a job with an ex member here. The millionaire real estate tycoon with the 24" biceps.:D
..... He didn't answer.:)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Glad all parties are okay :) and that you got to the in-laws. Well, assuming that you like them. :D

You probably said, but what ever happened with your Funk(y) sub? Did you just take a discount, or did you get a replacement?
Thanks! The in-laws are cool, plus these days I've got the mobile music & cinema system, aka a 128GB i-Pad mini loaded with movies & music plus a set of Sennheiser Momentums, which eases my A/V withdrawls. :D

Re: the Funk, I opted for a discount. The blemish looks awful in pictures, but in person it's not so bad, especially if you're not standing right on top of it with a fluorescent light shining down on it. Then there's the kid factor: a new sub isn't going to remain perfect for long in my house anyway.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I forgot to mention, that while I was seeing Godzilla I also stopped into BB since there is a Magnolia at that one and I got to hear some B&W's and some ML's. The B&W's weren't bad, but I definitely like the aesthetics of the bookshelves over the towers that they had. As for the ML's, I spent a bit more time with them. I thought they provided a nice, spacious sound, but lacked the precision imaging I'm used to. I also thought they sounded a little muddy through the midrange, especially on piano, and the lacked the "sparkle" of the RAAL on the upper end. They had them toed in slightly, so while I was listening I moved myself around to hear how they sounded with them crossed behind me, at me, and in front of me. I also moved laterally to see how they sounded out of the sweet spot. Given my youngish appearance and the fact that I don't exactly leave shorts and a t-shirt unless absolutely forced to, I'm pretty sure the guy who was observing me audition them thought I was a bit crazy/was just there to play with some stuff I couldn't afford judging by the looks on his face. It made me miss Hippos, a Hi-Fi-ish store near my college where they would just let me listen to whatever and never bothered me otherwise. Plus they had cooler stuff at Hippos :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I had planned on doing something productive this afternoon, but a nap won me over.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Woke up at 6am to get in a nice 2.5 hour chest day, then did a 16.5 mile bike ride with the GF and finished the day with dinner at her parents house. I'm beat.

In other news, we had bears at the house last might that tore down my bird feeder and destroyed my Dad's bee huts. He was away and I didn't hear them so he ended up losing a sh!t ton of bees and probably the queen, in addition to the damage to the huts. He was not happy about that and sure enough they came back tonight. Unluckily for them he was home and looking out for them.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Woke up at 6am to get in a nice 2.5 hour chest day, then did a 16.5 mile bike ride with the GF and finished the day with dinner at her parents house. I'm beat.

In other news, we had bears at the house last might that tore down my bird feeder and destroyed my Dad's bee huts. He was away and I didn't hear them so he ended up losing a sh!t ton of bees and probably the queen, in addition to the damage to the huts. He was not happy about that and sure enough they came back tonight. Unluckily for them he was home and looking out for them.
I'm wonder what a bearskin rug will do for a room's acoustics...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis