What are you watching tonight?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^That cute girl from the last Deniro/Pfeiffer movie(On Netflix) is in it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
yesterday finished with "Morse" and now onto the recent prequel - "Endeavour" - So far so good

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Wolf Of Wall Street B- Good movie, but the acting made it a better watch. Wait till you see the Lemmon scene.:eek: Is it me or is Dicaprio's large head gets bigger in every movie.:p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Watching I Am Number Four tonight. Not sure if I'll get to I Frankenstein or not

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Mine did not get here yet, I'm pissed. :mad:
Your I Frankenstein? That sucks. I'm gonna watch it tonight after all. I Am Number Four almost really pissed me off. Still irritates me a bit.
If the dog died I would've been pissed, but since he was alright it wasn't as bad. However, the fact that no one went back for him still gets to me.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I Frankenstein is a blast. Definitely meant to be played back loud and subs hot, or with very large sub's :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
NERD ALERT: No more movies, didn't do enough box office. I actually own and like I am number four:

I have also read the books so far:

The Power of Six
Rise of Nine
Fall of Five

Revenge of Seven this August

Books tend to ramble a bit, but overall it gets really interesting in the Fall of Five.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Desolation of Smaug over the weekend. Impressive. IMO, much better than the first installment, but the story is still taking some liberties to make it into three films. Still, I found it visually stunning in 3D and sounding great. I watched the first one in 2D and may have to try it out in 3D after seeing how good this one looked. The digital Smaug definitely looked good.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I guess I won't see I Frankenstein for at least another week. Ebay seller said there was a glitch on his computer and they lost my order, so he/she tell me I'll get it in 7-10 days.:rolleyes: Good thing I emailed them. I've bought alot of movies from them and never had a problem. Oh well...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
On my list. I saw Wolf Children and it was pretty decent, but the story is all over the place.
This one is on my list too: Amazon.com: Colorful: The Motion Picture [Blu-ray]: Colorful: Movies & TV
We've seen Garden of the Words and Colorful this week. First: Garden - it's really short (about 45mins) - sort of touchy but deeply confusing story. Think of "Lost in translation" but more intense I guess.

Colorful was a bit better. Story much more consistent, but alas not without completely unbelievable points.
I understand it's not exactly documentary movie, but some aspects really irked us both and we found them extremely unbelievable for modern Japan
like teenager working girl

In the meantime - Justified and Endevour are both great TV shows. I wish the later had more light British humor from original series

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Monuments Men yesterday via Redbox. It is about a group of men who find out that the Nazis have been stealing much of Europe's, and indeed some of the world's, most famous art during invasions. They've also uncovered orders that say that in the event they lose the war or Hitler is killed, they are to destroy all of it. Decent flick, not what I was expecting to be honest. It was far more slow and drama based than the trailer tried to portray, but it was not disappointing. It focused more on the human aspect of art and the appreciation of the art itself than the close of the war. Cinematography was good, story was good, and it had some very good moments, however on the whole it still felt "acted" rather than natural and some of the elements were to just connect the key moments. It feels pieced together from a number of different stories almost like Band of Brothers, and though it holds up, I think it could have been stronger. I still enjoyed it and the message it conveyed with respect to art and culture and what it means to humanity. Its worth a rent.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Was catching on some movies:
Snowpiercer - Not super original, but worth the rent. Pretty decent SciFi with good storyline
Veronica Mars - Yewww - what a disappointment - pretty heavily over-rated - probably due to all kick-starter campaign supporters which wanted to feel they got their money worth
Don't get me wrong, Kristen Bell is still hot, but no longer teenager hot, but more of
MILF
hot. Trying to recreate old glory just doesn't really work.
For example how an Adult hot chick detective should be done see Covert Affair or Alias shows

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the last Underworld BluRay last night. The bass track is very hot in this film and I had to get the paddles out to restart my ole ticker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis