Once again: what are you listening to now?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm actually impressed that someone so young can have such a great voice and song writing ability. I like her voice and atypical singing style, almost reminds me of PJ Harvey.)
Check out Anna Graceman. She went on America's Got Talent when she was like 12, sang an Alecia Keys song and did an amazing job. I forget who won that year, but she should have. Anyway, she's written a few songs and has some music videos on YouTube.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Check out Anna Graceman. She went on America's Got Talent when she was like 12, sang an Alecia Keys song and did an amazing job.
I assume your point is that this kid (who did a a good cover, and she's got talent no doubt) somehow dilutes Lana Del Rey's talent?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I assume your point is that this kid (who did a a good cover, and she's got talent no doubt) somehow dilutes Lana Del Rey's talent?
Not at all. I was simply sharing an artist I enjoy, who matched the description of what you said you like about your artist. I have to confess that I didn't listen to Lana Del Rey or PJ Harvey before posting that, though. I didn't mean to make offence.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Not at all. I was simply sharing an artist I enjoy, who matched the description of what you said you like about your artist. I have to confess that I didn't listen to Lana Del Rey or PJ Harvey before posting that, though. I didn't mean to make offence.

Get with a real artist in and out the studio - Fiona Apple, Sarah Mclaughlin, Tori Amos, Sara Bareilles, etc.:D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Relax man, i didn't interpret it as offensive and so no offense was taken :).

Plenty of the kids on You Tube have more talent than ten of my childhoods combined. Hopefully Anna's patents can control the amount of exposure she gets. So easy to squander talent due to mismanagement by adults.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Get with a real artist in and out the studio - Fiona Apple, Sarah Mclaughlin, Tori Amos, Sara Bareilles, etc.:D
Well, I like Alicia Keys and (Anna Graceman, obviously), and Norah Jones and other piano chicks. I even dig Lady Gaga when she's being her exceptional self rather than an outrageous RIAA puppet. But for the most part, my preferences for female artists lean toward Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Etta James and the like. Here's something tasty for you:

[video=youtube;ZPAmDULCVrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU[/video]

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
James Caroll Booker III

musician Dr. John described Booker as “the best black, gay, one-eyed junkie piano genius New Orleans has ever produced"

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" on CD... the sexiest and most provocative clarinette part I've ever heard in all the music I own.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" on CD... the sexiest and most provocative clarinette part I've ever heard in all the music I own.
Who are the artist(s)/ensemble/orchestra performing Gershwin's songs on the vid?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Who are the artist(s)/ensemble/orchestra performing Gershwin's songs on the vid?
I haven't a clue.. I went through about 5 vids just to pick what I deemed to be the right timing for the clarinet piece. Too many of the vids rush through the clarinet piece which is the single most important part of this section. It totally sets the mood for the entire piece IHO.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Amália Rodrigues - Fadinho Da Ti Maria Benta

Dave Alvin - Redneck Friend

Spinto Band - Na Na Na

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Elliot Yamin - Free (acoustic). Dude has some soul.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
A Petty goat girl

Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty - I Need To Know

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Elliot Yamin - Free (acoustic). Dude has some soul.

He is amazing. I have his 2 CD's. Too bad he didn't make it as big as Kelly Clarkson dude has skills. I'd like to see him live. You should check out James Morrison amazing as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis