Once again: what are you listening to now?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't a clue.. I went through about 5 vids just to pick what I deemed to be the right timing for the clarinet piece. Too many of the vids rush through the clarinet piece which is the single most important part of this section. It totally sets the mood for the entire piece IHO.
Columbia Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Leonard Bernstein.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Feeling somewhat nostalgic.

Played Santana's "Greatest hits" (1974) LP earlier, and now listening to Phil Collins' "No jacket required" LP.

[video=youtube;hKQYEnjSF8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQYEnjSF8Y[/video]

[video=youtube;7Ye0k443fbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ye0k443fbA[/video]

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Jazz station WBGO some good stuff playing tonight. You can listen online if interested.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Perhaps mentioned before, but dang, oh so nice:

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The closest latin version of The Carpenters...such a great tone.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Harvey Danger "King James Version" on CD

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Clutch - The Regulator

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Mike Bloomfield "From His Head to His Heart to His Hands"

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Ella Fitzgerald - Cow-Cow Boogie

Gipsy Kings - La Quiero

Southside Johnny - Shake 'Em Down

Fuego

Fuego

Enthusiast
Absolute Ensemble

Joe Zawinul and the Absolute Ensemble

The posthumous Absolute Zawinul is Zawinul's last studio recording before his passing on September 11, 2007. In collaboration with Estonian-born conductor/composer Kristjan Järvi and the large group powerhouse Absolute Ensemble, that has been described as "musical omnivores" whose previous projects have covered music from John Sebastian Bach to Frank Zappa. This heartfelt project embodies the essence of Zawinul's brilliance as a composer, musician, and as a global citizen who embraced people around the world.

Conceived in 2004, the meticulous and painstaking project emphatically focuses on Zawinul's post-Weather Report music. From the exotic tribalism in "Bimoya" first recorded on My People (Escapade Music, 1996) to the energetic live performance of "Ice Pick Willy" with elements of soul jazz and fire-baptized gospel (inspired by a one time gangster friend who had an affinity for ice picks), the recording is a microcosm of life.

Järvi conducts his Absolute Ensemble through inspired performances with verdant strings, ethnic voices, woodwinds, brass, and percussion. Zawinul, a true master keyboardist, was equally impressive whether providing an ethereal solo intro on the touching "Ballad For Two Musicians" or showing his signature vocoder skills on "Sultan" a thrilling tribute to the late Ottoman Empire and "Great Empire" dedicated to Japan.

Insightful liner notes, written by Järvi reveal poignant insights into the project. A video is also included with live coverage and behind the scenes footage. In the words of his son Erich, "Joseph Eric Zawinul was born in Earth time 7 July 1932 and was born in Eternity time 11 September 2007." His music will live on as well.
All About Jazz;Absolute Ensemble featuring Joe Zawinul: Absolute Zawinul

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
<!--[if gte mso 9]><![endif]-->
<!--[if gte mso 9]><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <![endif]-->

Fuego

Fuego

Enthusiast
Thad Jones / Mel Lewis the top of the Big Band tradition.

[video=youtube;4ZLvqXFddu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZLvqXFddu0#t=11[/video]

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Oh yeah, it’s Solomon Burke covering a James Brown tune, right? … or so I thought as I’m watching the end credits this week, on Fargo.

Nope, it’s The Relatives, a long standing Texas based psychedelic soul band. This is from their latest album in 2013, The Electric Word (***).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
We followed the Eurovision Song Contest yesterday, and the winner is Conchita Wurst from Austria, well previously she was Tom Neuwirth....
Well, the song is actually quite good :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
We followed the Eurovision Song Contest yesterday, and the winner is Conchita Wurst from Austria, well previously she was Tom Neuwirth....
Well, the song is actually quite good :D

Yes, more Euro Trash.

I posted this in the Telegraph blog last night: -

Every perversion is now encouraged and lauded. It is long past time for decent folks to push back. It is long passed time to be discriminate. That is not a dirty word and you are a fool if you can't. Time to stand up and call nonsense, everywhere you find it.
So far it has 143 likes and no dislikes.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know about nonsense. Euro Pop Crap, to me, seems more apropos; no matter how you dress it up. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know about nonsense. Euro Pop Crap, to me, seems more apropos; no matter how you dress it up. :D
Everything is relative..... you should have heard the bad songs in there..... when I say it's quite good, it's probably compared to the other ones that are really really bad

But there were a few songs that I really liked, but they didn't measure up....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kjWG0oNpWog?list=PLmWYEDTNOGUJ8KuAGTgdUNhwTBY8j_FAu" frameborder

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis