Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Problems with the finish at the seams. Nothing I can't live with in the long run (especially if/when I get a second and migrate this one to the rear of the room), but it's not something I'd qualify as acceptable in a $3,000 subwoofer either.
Yes, when you're spending that kind if money, any performance or cosmetic issue no matter how small tends to really stick out.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Got rear ended (a car hit my car from behind, for those who are curious :)) on Sunday. Forehead slammed into my steering wheel. Thought I might have a mild concussion. Was still feeling out of sorts yesterday, so I went to the ER. They also said I probably have a mild concussion. I guess those are hard to diagnose. Still feeling out of sorts today, but I guess you can feel like that for weeks after bashing your head. They told me if I have any nausea or vomiting to come on back.

Dealing with my insurance so far has been painless, but it usually is (I have USAA). I've made a couple claims in the last few years, but none with me as the at fault driver. I've also been in at least 8 accidents in the last 8 years :(

The at fault driver has State Farm and the rep who called me yesterday was also pretty nice. They haven't been able to get ahold of their driver to receive her statement, but it's pretty obvious that it was her fault, so hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
Sorry to hear this Phil. I hope you're ok.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Building an airplane in the air :p

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So much for subwoofer progress. Got stuck covering working for a few hours.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That sucks. At the bowling alley?
Yes, hopefully I'll get home early enough to at least get everything rearranged in the media stand. I've got a new toy coming Tuesday (barring any more delays) so I need to get a few amps moved around and wired differently.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Talk about customer service. I've owned about 5 different AB International amplifiers in the past two years, all used, and have had some issues with one or two of them along with a couple questions. Every time I e-mail AB with a question or a concern, Bob the owner, e-mails back within 24hours offering help and advice to help keep me from having to ship him whatever amp I'm asking about. Plus, every amp I've e-mailed him about is well out of any warranty that was ever on them. I need to start saving my pennies so I can give him some real business because those amps ooze quality, are hand built in the US, and the CS is excellent.

This all came to mind because I e-mailed him this morning and about an hour later he had already replied. Not bad for a Sunday.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't want things to get interesting. I watched 'The Family' the other night. Michelle Pfifer got old. But the cutie that plays her daughter ... yowza.
Just watched that this afternoon. Good enough to keep watching, bad enough that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And, yes, the daughter is a cutie. Well, and about ten years older in real life than the character that she plays, so the "dirty old man" feeling can go away. Well, kind of...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just watched that this afternoon. Good enough to keep watching, bad enough that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And, yes, the daughter is a cutie. Well, and about ten years older in real life than the character that she plays, so the "dirty old man" feeling can go away. Well, kind of...
I have that saved to my watch list on Netflix. Now I kinda want to watch it so I can..........see how bad it is :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was typing out a response to Steve about his sub yesterday afternoon as Niki and I started our walk at a nearby park...when I decided to pause and take a video. This was about the third time that we'd come across this javelina in that same area, and he/she is totally cool and doesn't seem to care that we're there. Plus, Niki was really calm about the whole thing, too. This is just a clip of our closest approach to it - I edited out the audio of me talking like a girl to calm it down when it looked up and seemed to take notice. :D That's me making noise to try and not startle it - my understanding is that they don't see very well, so I wanted to let it know that we were there and weren't sneaking up on it. (There are higher resolutions available on the stream.)

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm definitely here too much. Made it to the first page on the number of posts list. Judging by my posts to thanks ratio I don't contribute a whole lot of meaningful content either :eek: :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis