Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
tgif

ps: and that is all I care about right now, god permit it will be a short work day

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Finally get to do a little more work on the sub tomorrow (aka time to finish flush trimming, cut the last two holes and then begin the long laborious process of trying to patch all my mistakes with about a gallon of bondo).

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I might have a subwoofer again tonight :eek:

I checked the tracking earlier and it arrived at DHL's DC hub this morning, and now it's out for delivery. Yay!!!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Finally get to do a little more work on the sub tomorrow (aka time to finish flush trimming, cut the last two holes and then begin the long laborious process of trying to patch all my mistakes with about a gallon of bondo).
You do know what people say about lipstick and pigs :rolleyes::p:D

j/k ofcourse

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I might have a subwoofer again tonight :eek:

I checked the tracking earlier and it arrived at DHL's DC hub this morning, and now it's out for delivery. Yay!!!
I expect a sh!tload of pictures. Maybe even an unboxing video :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You do know what people say about lipstick and pigs :rolleyes::p:D

j/k ofcourse
Oh I know :D It's funny because this is my 4th subwoofer project and 6th DIY project and since all of them are sitting in my living room (except the latest one), I can actually see a timeline of improvements and where I still struggle. In reality the bondo is more for sealing the edges than fixing mistakes. I haven't made as many this time (knock on wood) so there's not much to fix. However, I'm considering painting this one, or at least trying my hand at primering MDF. I could do duratex, but I'd rather get better at laying a nice even coat of paint. Then I can try my hand at a finish coat again. The only thing that could affect whether I go beyond primering is the job situation. If I get a job I'll be moving so there's no point in going beyond primer since I'll probably ditch all the sub cabs to simplify moving, but if I'm jobless for another year then I've got plenty of time to fiddle with this project :rolleyes: :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What, you don't want the video to start from the time the delivery truck pulls up?
Adam might, but I'm perfectly happy not seeing a grown man running to greet the delivery guy in his skivvies :eek:
Hey, if I can get a video of the truck and the delivery guy without showing myself - you can, too. :D

I forget, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't include the video of Niki wandering out the front door as I was moving the box, and me running out to grab her so that the delivery guy didn't get nervous. The part with Niki - cute. The part with me...well, no one should have to watch that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Apparently Steve has his new package. I don't expect him to quit playing with it anytime soon ;)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Was in my spare room today and found all this car audio gear
couple of Amps heap of wire rcas even a few sets of 6" splits how boreing for me

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Apparently Steve has his new package. I don't expect him to quit playing with it anytime soon ;)
I've got the Dark Knight on now, though I can't really let the Funk stretch its legs at the moment with the kid sleeping. The wife did let me cut it loose for a little music though (before I had a chance to calibrate it, so it was a good 10dB hot :D) which was fun.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've got the Dark Knight on now, though I can't really let the Funk stretch its legs at the moment with the kid sleeping. The wife did let me cut it loose for a little music though (before I had a chance to calibrate it, so it was a good 10dB hot :D) which was fun.
Congrats you lucky barsted :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
What's the issue? Come on...spill.

No, not like that. Aww, man. Now I need another beer.
Problems with the finish at the seams. Nothing I can't live with in the long run (especially if/when I get a second and migrate this one to the rear of the room), but it's not something I'd qualify as acceptable in a $3,000 subwoofer either.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis