Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I wasn't around for that, but I take it that there were some issues. Solid plan! Always set the bar low at the beginning. ;) That way, expectations are low...and then you can do an average job, just step right over the bar, and look like a superstar. :D
Bingo :D Originally only the sealed sub section was posting, sans graphics at that, so people were wondering what the heck was going on. What made it worse is that each section ends in a "bottom line", so people figured that was just the end of the article.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The site still seems wonky. Mostly when I click on the last page of a thread the text is huge.
Right now, my auto zoom add on doesn't work on random pages and the site is constantly asking me if I want to leave a page because I've entered text, when I haven't.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:150%;}</style>

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
While trying to install Windows on the new Mini, my USB flash drive somehow got corrupted and can't be written to anymore. After trying various PC/Mac fixes over the past three to four hours, I'm done. Looks like the $30 drive is toast.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
While trying to install Windows on the new Mini, my USB flash drive somehow got corrupted and can't be written to anymore. After trying various PC/Mac fixes over the past three to four hours, I'm done. Looks like the $30 drive is toast.
Well done!, but why Windows?
Sometimes the flash drives goes to la-la land, most likely something to do with static electricity :eek:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I want to have a quiet PC, and the Mini is pretty quiet.
Yeah, well OK, but windows is not....
I do have two old Asus Eee and they're almost dead silent, no moving parts except for a very miniscule fan there, not sure what dBa level we're talking, but very low....
And they all run Linux :rolleyes:

Lots of fanless option that can run Ubuntu :d

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
How is Windows not quiet? :p Just because you used loud PCs doesn't mean that the OS can't be run on a quiet machine. :)
Windows is not a quiet operating system because of all this shouting and wining that appear from people using it.... when it's too slow or things doesn't work the right way :D
You can say the same about most Linux distros too :D

well, seriously. I have no trouble with Windows, I'm a professional in this area and I deal with the technology the clients utilize, Windows is ubiquitous :p

I have been Trying OpenSUSE, Suse Enterprise Server, Suse Enterprise, Desktop, Fedora, Ubuntu, XUbuntu, Suse Enterprise Server JeOS, Redhet Enterprise Server, Linux Mint, Bodhi Linux.....
Among all of these, probably Windows is the easisest to make everything work, but it's certainly not the quickest and most reliable......

I do have a Suse Enterprise Server JeOS as a music server and it runs 24/7 with 100.00000% uptime on a small netbook
You can do this with Windows too, but not Windows 8, Windows Server, yes .....

Last edited:
Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Seems no ones posting :( what's happening here

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished my federal income tax form. Not too painful.

Filling out the form, that is. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Mad About You.

It's been a long time since I've watched it, but I sure do like this show. I wasn't even 20 yet when this show started. I sure did have a crush on Helen Hunt.
Helen Hunt, reminds me a true story; hope I didn't tell this before.

Some years back, start of semester, one of my electronics classes was severely oversold.
An attractive women from the registration office comes in and has everyone sign an attendance sheet. She's looking for volunteers to switch to an added class.
She is standing in front of our professor who is seated at his desk. Someone writes down the name, 'Mike Hunt.'
Now she starts to read off the names on the list and gets to that name........ no one answers.
Calls it again. Then says, "Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?"
Suddenly her face goes completely red. My professor has his head down on his desk, he's laughing so hard.
She turns and walks out.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know what's up with the AH site, but it's driving me bananas.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:175%;}</style>

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know what's up with the AH site, but it's driving me bananas.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:175%;}</style>
You know, the first time that anything looked out of place to me was about five minutes ago with I clicked on Johnnie's thread about the print being off. Other than that thread, everything has been fine for me. I use Firefox and Tapatalk.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You know, the first time that anything looked out of place to me was about five minutes ago with I clicked on Johnnie's thread about the print being off. Other than that thread, everything has been fine for me. I use Firefox and Tapatalk.
Tapatalk looks fine, but I've had issues with Safari on my home computer, firefox and chrome on the school computers. I'll try chrome to see if I have the same issues.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Now Chrome looks ok so far on the home computer. I'm so confused. :confused:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis