What are you watching tonight?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
on SNAGTV... music theme, Freddy Mercury and Queen.. very interesting documentary and then on SNAGTV ELP in concert 2010 ..forgot the venue....

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Satchurated

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Wolfgang Petersen's 1981 classic Das boot, on BD.
Zis iz das clazzik!

For meself, I am watching yet dressed up as adventure another soap opera - Black Sails

Least it has lots of naked body parts in basically every episode ...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
We watched, On The Waterfront last night. On the Waterfront - Rotten Tomatoes
Never saw it before. It was very good and would highly recommend it.

From Article:
Marlon Brando gives the performance of his career as the tough prizefighter-turned-longshoreman Terry Malloy in this masterpiece of urban poetry. A raggedly emotional tale of individual failure and social corruption, On the Waterfront follows Terry’s deepening moral crisis as he must decide whether to remain loyal to the mob-connected union boss Johnny Friendly (Lee J. Cobb) and Johnny’s right-hand man, Terry’s brother, Charley (Rod Steiger), as the authorities close in on them. Driven by the vivid, naturalistic direction of Elia Kazan and savory, streetwise dialogue by Budd Schulberg, On the Waterfront was an instant sensation, winning eight Oscars®, including for best picture, director, actor, supporting actress (Eva Marie Saint), and screenplay.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last night on Prime: BROKEN CIRCLE BREAKDOWN A+ A Gloriously Devastating Masterpiece The lead actress is very effective in the role. skizzerflake did you see this? A must see.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Last night on Prime: BROKEN CIRCLE BREAKDOWN A+ A Gloriously Devastating Masterpiece The lead actress is very effective in the role. skizzerflake did you see this? A must see.

Hey AL2, sounds interesting.
Is that in English or subtitled?
Thanks

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It's subbed in english Rick, but it's a must see. You won't be dissapointed. That actress will be a big star one day I tell ya.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
42 A- Well made movie, but I wish it was longer. My all time favorite baseball is still The Pride of the Yankees. Gary Cooper was incredible. I own it on DVD.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just finished watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" - pretty good black comedy. Not Oscars material, but very good none the less. Highly recommend.
But Don't invite kids. Tons of MA stuff

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Just finished watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" - pretty good black comedy. Not Oscars material, but very good none the less. Highly recommend.
But Don't invite kids. Tons of MA stuff
You threw me off when you said it was a Black Comedy. Isn't it based on a true story?
Or am I mixing this up with another movie?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You threw me off when you said it was a Black Comedy. Isn't it based on a true story?
Yes and No....

The Wolf of Wall Street: The True Story of Jordan Belfort | TIME.com
Drugs, prostitutes, crashed helicopters — the debauchery in The Wolf of Wall Street is so outlandish that audiences might leave the theater thinking director Martin Scorsese took plenty of creative license in telling the story of Jordan Belfort, a New York stock broker who conned his way to earning hundreds of millions in the 1990s. But Scorsese’s film closely follows Belfort’s own memoir, also titled The Wolf of Wall Street.That said, Belfort glorifies his vulgar antics in his book, so how much of his account is truly real is up for debate. After all, Belfort was a scam artist — he made a living by lying. Scorsese, knowing this, portrays Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio) as an unreliable narrator in the film (see: the changing color of the car in the first scene and the driving while high on Quaaludes episode).

Yes, loosely based on real person memoirs, but really how accurate these are given he made a living by lying professionally??

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Yes and No....

The Wolf of Wall Street: The True Story of Jordan Belfort | TIME.com

Yes, loosely based on real person memoirs, but really how accurate these are given he made a living by lying professionally??
I would imagine much of it is public record or at least has a paper trail. Like purchasing a boat or third vacation home, presidential suite rentals etc.
Would think there would corroboration between the memoir and his cohorts' version, along with court testimony.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Last night we started the last season of Breaking Bad, netflix.
Very good series, even better than Dexter. IMO

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Safe. I've watched it before, and it's still free on Amazon Prime Video...but I just ordered the blu-ray (for about $8). The gunshot audio is just outstanding. That, and I like the movie.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis