Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Alex is a man of many tallents the Anal beads just comes natrule, and as for Adam im not quiet sure how he ties in to the sittuation but he does in one way or another

I have reason to believe the quoted post set a Christmas Eve spelling/grammar record. :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Merry Christmas, guys! I didn't want to get up at 7am, but my daughter was pretty insistent.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The faucet was a complete surprise ... I'm just not sure that it was a good one.

Tires should make everything good though.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The faucet was a complete surprise ... I'm just not sure that it was a good one.
If I may speak for myself and fellow AH members.
We are all collectively shocked and stunned....... and didn't see that coming at all.
Right about now you're probably thinking you should've thrown in the diet book to add to the surprise.
We would all like to scream, NO!:eek::D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I was saving that idea for her bday.
There's a joke where the husband comes home from a strip club, slaps his wife on the butt and says "your next fatty".

I can't remember it but try to learn it before her birthday...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got me some Rosetta Stone for Christmas. Gonna learn some Spanish so I can put "Fluent in Spanish" on the old resume. Nothing like a little self improvement for the holidays :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Got me some Rosetta Stone for Christmas. Gonna learn some Spanish so I can put "Fluent in Spanish" on the old resume. Nothing like a little self improvement for the holidays :D
You mean "Fluido en Español," right? :)

I'm old enough to remember when being fluent in English was the criteria. My school had, I think, one person who spoke Spanish. Yep, you guess it - it was the Spanish teacher. Yeah, sure, there was the inevitable high school douche bag that tried to throw it out there in conversations to show how smart he was, but I'm not counting him. :D

Btw, please don't take my comment above as being anti-Hispanic. I'm just under the belief that a unified country should have a single dominant language used for business and education. Well, at least, our country. If that's English, Spanish, or whatever - let's just pick one. I vote for English, but that's because it's the only one that I understand. :) And I even have that Spanish Rosetta Stone...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm with you about the whole unified country, an official language kinda thing, but it doesn't look like we're headed that way any time soon. Plus it'll help me during summer men's league soccer where 4/5th's of the teams are wholly Hispanic and at work if I go back to HITS this summer.

I'm old enough to remember when being fluent in English was the criteria. My school had, I think, one person who spoke Spanish. Yep, you guess it - it was the Spanish teacher. Yeah, sure, there was the inevitable high school douche bag that tried to throw it out there in conversations to show how smart he was, but I'm not counting him. :D

Btw, please don't take my comment above as being anti-Hispanic. I'm just under the belief that a unified country should have a single dominant language used for business and education. Well, at least, our country. If that's English, Spanish, or whatever - let's just pick one. I vote for English, but that's because it's the only one that I understand. :) And I even have that Spanish Rosetta Stone...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Living in an officially bilingual country, I figure I'm qualified to comment. Knowing, or at least half-a$$ed knowing (like myself), a second language certainly doesn't hurt anyone. Studies have shown that it's good brain exercise that helps to protect against dementia. Lots of people up here don't like having two official languages, but the majority support it. Look at Switzerland - they have four ​official languages. They seem to be doing OK. Spanish is growing quite quickly in the US, so it doesn't hurt to be ahead of the curve, by learning it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Time to head to my sister-in-law's for some turkey dinner. Mmmmmmmm...turkeyyyyyy.:)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I put this together yesterday to put out for the smaller birds that were getting bullied at the larger feeders. The stainless part on the bottom that the seed flows into is a chick feeder/water basin that I got at my local seed & feed store for $.99. The top part is a mason jar that screws into the chick feeder. And a large nut to run the chain through for hanging.

View attachment 12880 View attachment 12881

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The birds seem to be loving it. :p :D

J/K, man. Pretty darn cool. I used to just dump a bunch of seed on the ground, and sometimes I still do. That works. :) The mourning doves don't get anything otherwise until the finches eat from the feeder and drop stuff all over the ground.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...a second language certainly doesn't hurt anyone. Studies have shown that it's good brain exercise that helps to protect against dementia.
After reading Bryce's posts, I think that we're all covered well into our 80's...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
How does she like he new puppy?
Her letter to Santa was a tad bitter this year. Along the lines of "What I really want is a puppy, but I know I won't get one...".

My wife is the one who is home all day during the week and she figures she'd be the one who would end up having most of the responsibilities. If she was onboard with the idea, I could probably be persuaded. I feel bad for my little girl, but....:(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis