Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Dude, what you should do...seriously...is install it while she's sleeping tomorrow night. She gets up for Christmas and *BAM*, new faucet.
I second this, last xmas I got my wife a new coffee machine {Bunn MCA}, I had to get her a commercial coffee maker since she was sick of having to pour water in it, so I had to run another cold line up from the basement {gotta love wirsbo pex} to feed it, so I had it all done and plugged in to make her Xmas morning coffee...

Although installing a faucet is one of the things I hate to do with all my heart, I think for xmas I would have one of my guys come up and install it after she went to bed, of course I would do it myself but I don't fit under the sink, and if I tried to we would end up needing a new sink, counter, cabinet and window over the sink....

I really like Kingston Brass faucets, they are one of the last good faucet makers around, most of the big names have sacrificed quality for quanity, delta, mohen, ect they now sell two different grades that look identical, one for the big box stores and one for the supply houses {in some models}... A good two handle faucet with ceramic discs and real brass cartridges is what you want to last you forever, since changing them isn't easy... Although Adam seems to love doing it..

I have techs in your area Adam, just a phone call away to get that baby thrown in by a licensed master mechanical technician, lol.... Holiday rate that started 2 and a half hours ago is only $185 an hour within 10 miles of Hopkins and 95 with a 1 hour minimum and fuel surcharge for anything over 10 miles. 2 techs have gone out twice already and its warm out, I would wait until the 26th before I paid $200 an hour, but no one knows how to put on a sweater, heat up water on the stove, and plug in an electric heater anymore... 1 hour service call costs as much as 55 gallons of oil...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have techs in your area Adam, just a phone call away to get that baby thrown in by a licensed master mechanical technician, lol.... Holiday rate that started 2 and a half hours ago is only $185 an hour within 10 miles of Hopkins and 95 with a 1 hour minimum and fuel surcharge for anything over 10 miles. 2 techs have gone out twice already and its warm out, I would wait until the 26th before I paid $200 an hour, but no one knows how to put on a sweater, heat up water on the stove, and plug in an electric heater anymore... 1 hour service call costs as much as 55 gallons of oil...
Adam don't take the bait. 185 is way too much for an hour of his time even if he throws in the beads.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I delta, mohen, ect they now sell two different grades that look identical, one for the big box stores and one for the supply houses
That's just what the guy at the supply house said. He also said he liked Delta for reliability. This faucet didn't approach the net worth of my car so that's good.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam don't take the bait. 185 is way too much for an hour of his time even if he throws in the beads.
I think that he meant to say "Alex." After all, I'm willing to install faucets, am incredibly cheap (shut it), and don't live anywhere near his company. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh ... that talk of paying all that money was directed at me? Are you high? :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There's a shocker. I bet he told you that right after you asked about a price match. :D
Actually it was and he came down to $166 out the door or 155+tax. I saw a snazzy bath mirror and shelf thing in there reg $540 and reduced to $280. I asked about the nice guy price on that.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Actually it was and he came down to $166 out the door or 155+tax. I saw a snazzy bath mirror and shelf thing in there reg $540 and reduced to $280. I asked about the nice guy price on that.
Can't fault him for trying to make a sell, but 166 is a decent subwoofer driver.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, it wouldn't be me, I don't work... I do have one employee that would bring the beads he's always telling me about his crazy night life experiences, but he works in the garage, I don't let him around the customers....

Alex, Service calls are all answered as of now, so 2 techs on stand by rite now, one is taking his son to the movies {so my fully stocked service truck will be parked outside of a local theater for 2 hours waiting to get emptied, lol}. You can call in an emergency faucet installation, lol.. That would be a first for me, since I don't do plumbing, we are strictly an HVAC-r company, but for you I would make an exception.... :D Maybe you can get both techs that would be just a shade under $400 an hour throw that faucet in in just triple the time it would take 1 tech, lol... that would be the most expensive faucet you ever bought, thats for sure, but we take, visa, master card, am ex, discover, checks, cash, paypal, and have the choice of 2 third party private financing companies...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Yep, I'm pretty bored. Board, lumber, wood, anal beads. So, that's how we got there. It's all tied together. Who knew.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
On January 28, 2013, it was originally announced that a new CGI special titled The Powerpuff Girls: Dance Pantsed starring the girls would premiere later in the year. By December 2013 however, the airdate was confirmed to be on January 20, 2014
Anyone else going to be watching?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Faucet is wrapped. She will be surprised because she already has it in her head that I was going to drag this out for 6 months getting the repair parts for the old one. Now if I could just get her to install it we'd be all set.
A faucet is a pretty good Christmas gift.
I know you had a tough time deciding between that, or the dustpan & broom, and the diet book.

:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
A faucet is a pretty good Christmas gift.
I know you had a tough time deciding between that, or the dustpan & broom, and the diet book.
:)
When my wife asks for something like that for Christmas she really means that she wants that done now and something pretty for Christmas.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis