T

theresa2000

Audiophyte
Dcm10 & Dcm12

Unfortunately, I think we are talking about different speakers. I believe yours are the KX10 model. Here's a picture of the DCM10 model that I really liked. Yeah, they're ugly as all get out, but I think that in my case adds to their appeal. They look like rocket ships with those stupid feet on the bottom and I think it's funny that they sound so good. I will tell you that they are a very very bright speaker, which I usually don't care for at all, because they are horn loded. They were just so cheap it blew me away.
HI,

What you have is DCM12 and not DCM10.

follow the link and see the diff.

http://www.dcmspeakers.com/manuals/DCM121066C.pdf

S

seanpat50

Audiophyte
time windows

I still have the time windows, in boxes and will use them in my new house as an independent two channel system. I am currently looking at the Paradigm S8, legacy foci which I am having difficulty finding to audition. The only speaker that I have "loved" so far are the B&w 803d's. My reason for writing this in the first place is : are there any speakers out there in the 4-8k range that give the "spatial" (sp?) effect of the time windows which seemed to fill the room instead of a small sound stage(my preference) since I like to hear music more widely distributed but normally I am not sitting down. Home theatre presense is also a factor( yes I'll be sitting down for that) so a matching center also would be needed.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
Check out the Mirage OMD series. Mirage have a very large soundstage and the top of the line omd 28 is gorgeous also.

M

Mr Bean

Audiophyte
I just picked up a pair of dcm12s. Yep they look like big rockets! Many seem to confuse the dcm10/12s with the similar non
home theatre kx series 1 and 2.

I was lucky enough to get the speakers in extremely good condition. Hopefully my post will spark some interest once again in these big uglies with amazing sound

Last edited:
W

Whatchamacallit

Audiophyte
I've had a pair of the DCM10s since they were in stores, and they've been collecting dust for the past 3 years. Not because they don't sound good; they actually sound pretty great (and that's why I lugged them from California to Maine and back in my car). I just haven't had a place to push them without causing problems for roommates.. they are crisp and tight, and don't blare at all under high volumes.. the lows keep up very well.

A

AllenStacy

Audiophyte
I'm a DCM fan from way back, when they were still being put together from hand(ear?)picked components.

My rig:
Room: 14x20
Onkyo 703
Fronts: DCM CX-17 (4)
Rears: DCM CX-07
Center: DCM
Sub: JBL 10'
SPL: 106.2 @ 10'

M

merlin1952

Audioholic Intern
“Z” that is really cool I have never seen that particular model before. That is a really nice looking speaker to me. I am curious how much it would cost me to do better than the DCM CX10s I currently use. I am sure I can do better but not sure what speaker that might be or how much it would cost me. I bought my CX10s about three years ago now and have really enjoyed them. BTW what ever happened to InTheIndustry does he post under a different name now or does he not post here at all anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
“Z” that is really cool I have never seen that particular model before. That is a really nice looking speaker to me. I am curious how much it would cost me to do better than the DCM CX10s I currently use. I am sure I can do better but not sure what speaker that might be or how much it would cost me. I bought my CX10s about three years ago now and have really enjoyed them. BTW what ever happened to InTheIndustry does he post under a different name now or does he not post here at all anymore?
I think you mean DCM C10 - DCM is nice, however they are beatable - however, since you
like your speakers, continue to enjoy them - that is what counts.

I do not know of any latest info about InTheIndustry

Last edited by a moderator:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I still have a pair of CX-21's. I do not regret buying them in '98 or so.

Amazing bass and clarity from such a reasonably sized box with a 6 1/2" coaxial driver.

The CX series was put out to pasture when the KX series came into play. Pity.

bxboyjhs

Audiophyte
As an owner of TF 350s I was blown away by their imaging, soundstage and lack of footprint. With that said most TF owners say the 600s are the ones to get then move on to the Time Window 1a or 3 models.350s have foam woofers so that's a consideration and of course they are sock style which is a big PITA if you have to work on.If in good shape both sonically and cosmetics I say go for them.True not widely know but getting better and being bought at a good clip.As wide as most larger towers at 16" but nearly no depth and w/ the 350s they give you a little tuck away stand to steady them.They were my go to speakers before I got my Polk Audio 87' SDA 2Bs.Easy enough to drive and again clarity,soundstage and imaging are superb.

P

pigpen

Audiophyte
Dcm10 & Dcm12

HI,

What you have is DCM12 and not DCM10.

follow the link and see the diff.

http://www.dcmspeakers.com/manuals/DCM121066C.pdf
I bought my DCM-10s circa 2001 and still love them as much as the day I first listened to them. I run a vintage Onkyo receiver and at mid to moderately high volume they still sound as good as JBL studio monitors to me. They are crisp and full, particularly when on a hard floor. Since they are bottom ported, carpet can swallow the bottom end.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis