Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

Freudian slip?
Yes

You are saying I could file a small claims court case locally in Jackson County MO and have him served in VA? If true, I certainly didn't know that.
Yes. They just mail service of notice.

Your mindset kind of blows my mind. You think that contracting with WmAx to build me speakers knowing what you do now that would require as you have recommended sueing the guy was not dumb on my part? I sure think it was dumb on my part.
Not sure what you are saying here.

P.S. the max is 5k so it is maxed out on fees etc. So unless you are right about filing locally, you honestly would pay the expenses to go to VA to file with this guy and think you would collect? Who here posting who knows this guy, thinks I would collect and that I wouldn't be throwing good money after bad.? By the way, where is Jerry Love. His post was prophectic about it ending up being a civil matter and getting anything out of WmAx would be pretty much fruitless. In any event, just wanted wrap it up and to warn others so I won't be posting anymore on the subject.
I would throw $85 out there on the chance that Chris is going to need the judgment removed from hanging over his head in the future. You are already out $5K what is another $85?

1st I am correct about suing locally. Where did you get this notion you have to file in the county he resides in?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Probably too late, but I will see if I can pursue that because I have never heard of filing in a different state for service in another. I wouldn't argue jurisdiction the question I have is how does Jackson Co, MO get some sheriff to serve douchebag in VA?
Certified letter. You may be missing the point. All the court cares about is that they took reasonable means to send notice of service.

If Chris doesn't respond that is GOOD for you. The best court case is one where the other party doesn't show.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Certified letter. You may be missing the point. All the court cares about is that they took reasonable means to send notice of service.

If Chris doesn't respond that is GOOD for you. The best court case is one where the other party doesn't show.
Ok, I will give this a try. Seems I am still within Statute of Limitations. I know him not replying is good, but he still has to sign for certified letter of serving, it appears...no?? Thanks, I appreciate your input. Didn't mean to be snippy with you but I was under the impression I had to go to VA.

Just to be clear, I did take this online as an internet fraud case. It was assigned to a local sheriff who worked this case and another complainent. She tried to get the local prosecuting attorney to take the case and it appeared she would but then backed out when Chris made good on the other guys project (a very small one). So it is not a matter of me not taking action. I did not think (and still question) whether it is worth it but it certainly is at least the small expense of a local small claims court case. It appear from the research I did that Chris could counter but I will see where this all leads.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Ok, I will give this a try. Seems I am still within Statute of Limitations. I know him not replying is good, but he still has to sign for certified letter, it appears...no? Thanks, I appreciate your input. Didn't mean to be snippy with you but I was under the impression I had to go to VA.
I think all that needs to be done is proper notice of service. That's it. After that the award is generally given to you in absentia. YMMV but it should run something like that.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Chris could counter but I will see where this all leads.

Thanks again.
Chris could. He would need to show up to counter however. If he decided to counter later you would simply send notice to the court about him being in default of prior judgement and explain everything to the court.

I had one place that welched on lease. We took them to court, won our case and went to collections. About a year later an attorney that was a client of theirs tried calling us off by saying they would file a suite in TX.

I told her to do so. We sent the signed contract with the jurisdiction clause in and also countered with a frivolous suite statute. She let go real quick.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Just an FYI for everyone:

Out of six times in court:

Two were federal court because it involved some pretty heinous copyright and DMCA infringement.

Four were in Small Claims. Out of four one was a company local. The other three:

Wisconsin, New Jersey, Texas.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Really?

Makes me want to puke just seeing his name.

Moderator needs to put a permanent tag on every one of his post labeling "Dirty Rotten Scoundrel" or "Con Artist" or "Scumbag" or something.:D
I actually agree with you 100% for once. What? Really? Yup - seriously, I do. I wish they'd delete his posts. He knew his stuff, but he mostly just regurgitated Floyd Toole's findings, which are available to anyone.

What every happened to his little apprentice, avaserfi or whatever his name was? Did he go down with the ship?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Andrew. He was a nice guy. Plus, he would post recipes. :)

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
I wish they'd delete his posts. He knew his stuff, but he mostly just regurgitated Floyd Toole's findings, which are available to anyone.
Give him a "scarlet letter," ban him again, but please do not delete his posts. They may or may not have been regurgitation of Toole's findings, but they were/are useful nevertheless, and I reference them often. It would do the community a disservice.

If any moderators actually plan to delete his posts, please give me a heads up so I can start taking notes. I've read many of Toole's and Olive's whitepapers, and Chris still managed to summarize them in a way that I could easily understand.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I actually agree with you 100% for once. What? Really? Yup - seriously, I do. I wish they'd delete his posts. He knew his stuff, but he mostly just regurgitated Floyd Toole's findings, which are available to anyone.

What every happened to his little apprentice, avaserfi or whatever his name was? Did he go down with the ship?
You agree with me a lot and you know it. :D

I'm just more "grey" & conservative.:D

Unless the difference is "significant", I usually don't like using terms of absolute such as "best" since it's so subjective. And we all have different experiences in life.

But overall, we agree on most things.

DM is a speakers genius, right?:)

Anyway, it's only fun if we all get along. It's no fun when any of us gets angry for any reason.

And it sucks when any one of us gets ripped off.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, Adam. That post is dangerously close to having your man-card revoked again. Tell your inner little girl to keep quiet. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, Adam. That post is dangerously close to having your man-card revoked again. Tell your inner little girl to keep quiet. :p
She will not be silenced. I downloaded two free recipe apps for my iPad. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Only recipes from Andrew I care about is his subwoofer stew :D It's really perfect with few dashes of kappa !

ps: Sorry, I know it's pretty lame, but I can't do better right now :eek:

jinjuku

jinjuku

Really? You are going to go there with Andrew?

What did he ever do but contribute? Really you should be a bit ashamed.

Trust I didn't say what I wanted to.

jinjuku

jinjuku

BTW Avaserfi is a die hard foodie and also a fellow forum member with me at homebrewtalk (since I brew).

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I never thought of Andrew as anything other than a class act. He helped me a few times via PM and his posts were always good. I highly doubt he was wrapped up in any of the nonsense Chris was.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Really? You are going to go there with Andrew?

What did he ever do but contribute? Really you should be a bit ashamed.

Trust I didn't say what I wanted to.
Ashamed? LOL - Wow, you took that the wrong way. I seriously wanted to know what happened to him. He was wmax's little apprentice, so that shouldn't have been insulting (he'd probably tell you that himself if you asked back when they both still posted). Andrew and I used to chat via IM and PM's all the time; I honestly wanted to know what happened to him. Easy there killer. :)

Do let me know how avaserfi is doing; I actually do care, and I don't appreciate the attack based on a false assumption.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I actually do care, and I don't appreciate the attack based on a false assumption.
Then choose your words more carefully but it's good to hear that you had a crush on Andrew. I should let you know that he married a woman though. I think the Adams are available if you don't mind them a little older.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ashamed? LOL - Wow, you took that the wrong way. I seriously wanted to know what happened to him. He was wmax's little apprentice, so that shouldn't have been insulting (he'd probably tell you that himself if you asked back when they both still posted). Andrew and I used to chat via IM and PM's all the time; I honestly wanted to know what happened to him. Easy there killer. :)

Do let me know how avaserfi is doing; I actually do care, and I don't appreciate the attack based on a false assumption.
I have to agree, choose your words more carefully. It read to me, and I believe others, as a slight through some form of association with WmAx.

Anyways I think this thread is best served locked until Randyb lets us know of some movement. Randy, PM me or any of the other mods with any updates so the thread can be unlocked and you can post any progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis