Wiring four 8ohm Speakers together to achieve 8ohm load?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have some Cerwin Vegas that are very similar to these and they also sound surprisingly decent for what they are, but that does not make them great speakers.

You can't say that great sounding speakers are subjective. Speaker building IS an art, but a good speaker is a good speaker and a bad speaker is a bad speaker. There's no denying it. Opinions are different - everyone has one, but not everyone has the same experience on which to base theirs.

ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera

Junior Audioholic
If the CV's your talking about are the 5m's then I too thought they sounded pretty good. Same with those RCF 5's ($250/ea)

But everything is relative. Build quality, parts used and price, in this instance, have nothing to do with the sound produced. Magic is the only word I use to describe it. And as for that zaphaudio review it was bias from the start.

"I can hardly believe I just tested a pair of speakers that cost $25 a pair. That's a new low."

So he is already judging them based on cost and the fact that...

"Guys like me are obviously a bit more discerning about sound quality".

The only way to really judge any speaker is a blind reference ABX with proper amplification and a good source.

I don't mind having a discussion but people telling me something is sh|t from nothing more then a photo and price tag annoys me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've read similar reviews of the Cambridge Soundworks Model 6 as well and I was completely underwhelmed by them, so I am definitely more than a little bit skeptical.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis