Why even buy a blue-ray player. It is maddness!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
BluRay is good, its just way to expensive at the moment. There is a noticeable difference in quality just because of the resolution. I have a 1920x1080 computer monitor and I honestly can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. However 720p looks a hell of a lot better than the standard DVD resolution.

Now if you have a HUGE - and I mean HUGE television screen.. 1080P just might be a necessity.
They cost comparable prices to DVDs a couple of years ago.

You ever heard of amazon? Seriously where do you shop?

Plus with netflix you don't even pay that much for bluray.

A computer monitor isn't a good way to evaluate display technology and most people watch shows on a TV that is far larger than a monitor.

What is a huge tv screen? With LCDs as cheap as they are 32" tends to be the bottom screen size.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Lol, so true. ;)

I just don't understand why Sony is making us pay soo much for BluRay!! Its not nearly as expensive as they are selling it for, it can't be...
Because they need to recoup investment on their research. Engineers do need to be paid. And I'm not about to complain about the pay rates they get. Blu-ray is worth every penny.

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
Because they need to recoup investment on their research. Engineers do need to be paid. And I'm not about to complain about the pay rates they get. Blu-ray is worth every penny.
x2

high costs of Blurays didnt even last "that" long..by the end of this year we will see drastic drops..you can already get tons of blurays cheap on amazon and other avenues online..

What do you expect with new tech though? its all trends..these things dont happen by magic

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
x2

high costs of Blurays didnt even last "that" long..by the end of this year we will see drastic drops..you can already get tons of blurays cheap on amazon and other avenues online..

What do you expect with new tech though? its all trends..these things dont happen by magic
Actually all circuits run off magic smoke that's why if you ever let any out it doesn't work anymore. The Magic smoke can't be replaced.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis