Where are all you experts now?

BioLinksAudio

BioLinksAudio

Audioholic Intern
In the thread “Myths about subwoofers” I have been accused of being a spammer and selling snake oil by the gurus on this forum. My site, has been flamed as well as my reputation soiled by the so-called experts on this forum. I apologized for my original approach (you can read the thread) but still, virtually everything I have tried to explain in layman’s terms has been met with derisive comments. Our technology and the products that employ it have been classified as gibberish by those who are trying to run me off. Even the links to the professional reviews have been discounted and dismissed as being anecdotal and subjective.

In the aforementioned thread, I have posted the technical data requested by forum members “TLS Guy”, “No. 5” and “Isiberian.” After being up for all forum members to see for a week now, no response from anyone has been heard except for “Shock” who admitted that he understood none of it.

But I have stayed the course and asked our engineers to take up the gauntlet thrown down by the so-called Audioholics experts. We ran some tests on our subwoofer before and after being modified with the proprietary ETL™ (Embedded Transmission Line) modules. Now the results are in, the data has been posted and (surprise!) it has been totally ignored. The charts have not even been downloaded but a very few times. Have the tables turned? I haven’t run you people off with the proof you asked for, have I?

What a deep mystery this is. Several questions come to mind:
• Is new technology is being suppressed here?
• Are PM’s being circulated around to forum members advising them not to respond to or, even worse, not to bother to even look at this data?
• Do you people really know it all so nothing new can be introduced into your forum or your minds?
• What is this forum really for if it is not to explore and discuss novel new ideas and products?
• Does the sound system that you each own sound the best that it possibly can?
• Do your “top men” know what the graphs mean or the explanations to them?

We’re talking basic science here. If everyone had the same approach to innovation as some I have encountered on this forum, we never would have walked on the moon or have robots running around Mars.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
give us a refresher ... what can your ETL do that typical subs can't?

J

jamie2112

Banned
In the thread “Myths about subwoofers” I have been accused of being a spammer and selling snake oil by the gurus on this forum. My site, has been flamed as well as my reputation soiled by the so-called experts on this forum. I apologized for my original approach (you can read the thread) but still, virtually everything I have tried to explain in layman’s terms has been met with derisive comments. Our technology and the products that employ it have been classified as gibberish by those who are trying to run me off. Even the links to the professional reviews have been discounted and dismissed as being anecdotal and subjective.

In the aforementioned thread, I have posted the technical data requested by forum members “TLS Guy”, “No. 5” and “Isiberian.” After being up for all forum members to see for a week now, no response from anyone has been heard except for “Shock” who admitted that he understood none of it.

But I have stayed the course and asked our engineers to take up the gauntlet thrown down by the so-called Audioholics experts. We ran some tests on our subwoofer before and after being modified with the proprietary ETL™ (Embedded Transmission Line) modules. Now the results are in, the data has been posted and (surprise!) it has been totally ignored. The charts have not even been downloaded but a very few times. Have the tables turned? I haven’t run you people off with the proof you asked for, have I?

What a deep mystery this is. Several questions come to mind:
• Is new technology is being suppressed here?
• Are PM’s being circulated around to forum members advising them not to respond to or, even worse, not to bother to even look at this data?
• Do you people really know it all so nothing new can be introduced into your forum or your minds?
• What is this forum really for if it is not to explore and discuss novel new ideas and products?
• Does the sound system that you each own sound the best that it possibly can?
• Do your “top men” know what the graphs mean or the explanations to them?

We’re talking basic science here. If everyone had the same approach to innovation as some I have encountered on this forum, we never would have walked on the moon or have robots running around Mars.

I have no idea what you are talking about but I will go find the thread and see for myself.......:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I had to laugh. BLA, you give us too little credit...or too much. :) A PM consipiracy? Please. :D

I didn't read the other thread, and odds are...I won't. Just don't take the statements of three members (any three members) to represent a forum of thousands.

Ummm ... I am actually THE TOP MAN. :cool: :D
It's only "cool" if someone else says it. :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's only "cool" if someone else says it. :p
It's cool if I say it facetiously for the amusement of the regulars who know that I would never claim to be an expert on much outside of ball licking cats.;)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I still have not finished the original Kappa Thread, sheez, :D

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I'm an expert at wadding speakers up maybe.

Give us the cliff notes on what ETL is. Sounds like something you'd get doing a hooker in Thailand.

ScottWChicago

ScottWChicago

Audioholic Intern
Next your going to tell me global warming is not real?

It's all a conspiracy

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have looked at your sparse data. I have not had time until this afternoon to do some calculations.

You T/S parameters are incomplete. The power handling and xmax are not stated. You did not give an adequate sensitivity spec nor provide the inductance of the voice coil.

As far as the 1 cu.ft box with an 11" port I did confirm that the driver would have an F3 of 41 Hz if the port was 2.7" in diameter. Since you did not provide the complete specs I could not calculate spl of vent velocity. The impedance peaks are appropriate to the tuning.

As far as you ETL you have provided no details as to why this is a TL. You have provided no theory of operation.

On the graphs there is now basically one peak of impedance pushed to 120 Hz. The roll off is now second order, instead of fourth. However the roll off is still around 40 Hz. I have to regard that frequency response graph with a high degree of scepticism. In fact for now I'm going to regard the frequency response graph as bogus pending further details from you from which I can make calculations that would show what you claim is even plausible.

Certainly your enclosure is far too small to contain any TL that would load a 10" driver.

Another issue is that you did not state the Qt of your "embedded TL" system. This is a significant issue, as you claim your device reduces the effect of room resonances. Therefore this would imply the design is very low Qt, but again you provided no data. I suspect from the impedance curve that this device actually starts to roll off somewhere above 100 Hz and has inadequate spl to excite the resonances at the frequencies where these usually occur.

You can start all the thread you want, but pending further extensive data, I regard your claims as unproven and far more likely than not bogus.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Patent reviewed

The reviews are poor quality and anecdotal.

I have gone through the patent application for this so called “embedded transmission” line sub.

This is a most disorganized rambling document. When you cut through the drivel, this is actually a second order coupled cavity sub. The so called “transmission line” is closed at both ends, so therefore is redundant and useless. I have modeled this within the sparse TL specs provided. The F3 is around 40 Hz, and roll off starts second order just above 60 Hz. Roll off becomes fourth order below F3. This is dressed up to look like something new, but it is not. I do not think this worthy of a patent.

By the way, with that driver the lowest you can get system Qt is 1.0, so there is nothing special in that, it is far from critically damped. So the only reason for it not exciting room resonance would be low spl!

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
From their website... the ULTIMATE WAF speaker setup :eek: (note to self, stop hanging tvs on walls)

gallery photos (with embedded tag bos-dad)

brain dad

The only good thing about you website is.. and not the lil speaker

LMAO

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis