What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmmmm, we just had 2 and 10 (CTV/CBC) out here in the sticks. I could be remembering wrong, that was 40? years ago. I packed up some of Gram's old records and tapes, but I have no idea where they got put. My Ex may have tossed them, but I'll see if I can find you your Vol 10.
Thankyou very much.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
First pair looks like New Balance. I went from NB to Hoka and never looked back.
do you walk all day??? That is good work.
I walk between 12km and 14km in the mornings at least 5 times a week. Then a couple of km with my 17 yr old dog which is more stop and sniff then walking. :) Sometimes I challenge myself to a 20km walk but ot very often.

The old pair where NB that I ordered off of Amazon.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I used to wear New Balance too, but have moved on to Asics and Brooks now.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Appetite for Destruction

Super Deluxe Edition

Includes 5.1 Blu-ray Audio

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I used to wear New Balance too, but have moved on to Asics and Brooks now.
New Balance 990 for me for many many years. But now I think the Brooks Ghost fit me better, seems to be more width options and the toe box fits me better.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I walk between 12km and 14km in the mornings at least 5 times a week. Then a couple of km with my 17 yr old dog which is more stop and sniff then walking. :) Sometimes I challenge myself to a 20km walk but ot very often.

The old pair where NB that I ordered off of Amazon.
HOKA is good. That’s what I like.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Another set of movie "upgrades" from lousy transfer VHS and DVD. However "The Day The Earth Caught Fire" (1961, UK) is new to my collection, a 'classic' British "end of the world" disaster film!
"The Hitch-hiker" (1953) is a new 2K restoration, the DVD I had looked like shi*, made by one of those el-cheapo companies who merely copy tapes to DVD and call it an "upgrade".

IMG_4333.JPG

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
Well, after my two Sons, 35 and 43 year's of age, and my two oldest grandson's both 10 year's of age have been egging me on to join them in the world of video gaming I've made the jump to PS4. Picked up PS4 limited edition, alone with my first game.
View attachment 53876
View attachment 53877
Wow what a journey you'll have.
Well, after my two Sons, 35 and 43 year's of age, and my two oldest grandson's both 10 year's of age have been egging me on to join them in the world of video gaming I've made the jump to PS4. Picked up PS4 limited edition, alone with my first game.
View attachment 53876
View attachment 53877
How are you holding up with your gaming experience?
Just showed up

I can't say I will buy this one but the visuals are very nice.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Wow what a journey you'll have.

How are you holding up with your gaming experience?

I can't say I will buy this one but the visuals are very nice.
So far good, I've borrowed a few games from my Sons. It's going slow, gotta get use to using all of the buttons on the controller. The older PS2, you had just 3 or 4 buttons to use, now all of um. Dune is very good! the surround track is awesome.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
So far good, I've borrowed a few games from my Sons. It's going slow, gotta get use to using all of the buttons on the controller. The older PS2, you had just 3 or 4 buttons to use, now all of um. Dune is very good! the surround track is awesome.
Go kick some ass Gramps!!!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
At least you are ahead of me when I started. I got ps4 pro without a clue and I ended up being overwhelmed with it all.
Oh it still kicking my butt! Having a time of it, trying to remember which buttons to use. From the mid 80,s to the mid 90,s I'd play with my two Son's on, Nintendo PlayStation, PS1 and PS2. Had tons of fun playing with them lil munchies. Change careers and didn't have much time to play with the newer game controller's. They grew up with the new ones, they have PS5's now tons of game's also.. I'll send messages to them every week using my PS4 though. I remind them, grandchildren also to go hunt down them off world monsters!! :)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh it still kicking my butt! Having a time of it, trying to remember which buttons to use. From the mid 80,s to the mid 90,s I'd play with my to Son's on, Nintendo PlayStation, PS1 and PS2. Had tons of fun playing with them lil munchies. Change careers and didn't have much time to play with the newer game controller's. They grew up with the new ones, they have PS5's now tons of game's also.. I'll send messages to them every week using my PS4 though. I remind them, grandchildren also to go hunt down them off world monsters!! :)
PS5 controller is one of the best I've used so far. With all the features it support though, even with a large battery pack, it dies relatively quick.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How much does it help by turning down the light brightness and turning off the vibration?
The light is much different than the previous one, so that one doesn't matter much. The vibration would help a lot because a lot of games make use of it, but I like having it on now. The Adaptive triggers also provide a lot of feedback and these features are actually what make it fun to use. Normally I would turn those kind of features off, but the newer games make good use of them IMO. You can turn them down though, both in most games and in the controller software itself. It still lasts longer than PS4 controllers would have.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
It still lasts longer than PS4 controllers would have.
oh ok i thought you implied it dies faster than the ps4 controller by "even with a large battery pack, it dies relatively quick".

mine (ps4) lasts for hours. how long have you had yours up and running?

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
From the mid 80,s to the mid 90,s I'd play with my two Son's on, Nintendo PlayStation, PS1 and PS2. Had tons of fun playing with them lil munchies.
well it seems you are light years ahead of me when i started. i tried the original xbox when i came out and did not like it at all. fast forward to the ps4 pro and now i'm hooked.

i must admit that my golf clubs have been collecting spider webs lately.

i always go back to the division 2 after i try a new game. it is my favorite right now. in fact netflix is going to make a movie out of it. the director will be the one who made red notice. i can't wait to see it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
oh ok i thought you implied it dies faster than the ps4 controller by "even with a large battery pack, it dies relatively quick".

mine (ps4) lasts for hours. how long have you had yours up and running?
Have had the PS5 since a few months after it came out, so about a year or so. I have played maybe one game on the PS4 since. The graphics are so much better on new titles created for the PS5. Load times are insanely faster too for most games.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis