What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's a review of the BuRay version.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a review of the BuRay version.

I'd be interested to hear y'all's takes, streaming vs Blu-ray - picture and sound.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be interested to hear y'all's takes, streaming vs Blu-ray - picture and sound.
I threw it in to check it out last night, mainly to hear the Atmos mix. It sounds impressive. Streamed, there was good separation of main channels, but the Atmos mix has much more authority in the bass department. Like 2049, the action scenes are a bit hot, but not in a bad way. The streamed version was a bit lacking after having seen it in the theater, but the audio on the disc is great, as expected. PQ is great.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Its a long story. I have three systems, one per floor but I only have one turntable in my main system in the basement. I only record vinyl which I cant find digitally or is prohibitively expensive to buy so that I can play a copy of them on my other systems. All my decks are equipped with dbx2 which I use to record and play back. It brings the S/N ratio up to 95db which is inaudible. There is no hiss. The dbx facility also captures the dynamics of vinyl. I recorded a CD and asked my friend to see if he could tell the difference as I switched back and forth from CD and tape. He could not.
Thanks for the thorough reply.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Killer double CD. Great speaker and sub tester. Well recorded, as far as my old ears can tell. I am not generally a fan of this genre, but I wanted some musically based electronic effects that are known to be just that. Otherwise not so much a fan of synth use in what is trying to pass as natural vocal talent. Over 3 hrs of a pretty good ride, if you are really into your speakers and subs. It gives you just enough separation to focus on everything singularly, yet all at once, if that makes sense.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just ordered this from Mountain Equipment COOP

1642099580471.png
Park Tool CM-3 bicycle chain cleaner
1642099627409.png
bicycle chain ceaning solution
1642099686359.png
Squirt Long Lasting Dry Lube - 120ml (must keep mind out of the gutter)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Sold my AV8802A and purchased Anthem AVM70. After reading reviews, minus the bugs, i pulled the trigger. Got a really good price for the Marantz. Looking forward to tinkering around with ARC, after some firmware upgrades I am sure :eek:

IMG20220116200655.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Needed to add a web camera to my new PC. The computer is a no-frills custom build my cousin put together for me (about 2 months ago) with an Intel i5 gen 11th processor, 16GB RAM, and 2TB of M.2 storage, but the new 27" Lenovo monitor doesn't have any built-in camera. With the MS-Office 365 package, I get MS-Teams and have a job interview via Teams tomorrow.

Hey, for $20 off Amazon Prime and delivered in 2 days, how can I go wrong? It's got a flip-down cover so even if some hacker managed to get past Avast and take control, they couldn't see nothing. Pretty cool the way Win10 Pro instantly configured the camera, its internal mic input and my desktop KEF Egg powered speakers for output. The little red-green (on/off) indicator works fine too. This was so fast and easy I was shocked. I might never use it again, but who knows? With the Office 365 I got Teams plus 30 hours of Skype per month. Maybe I'll video chat with some relatives in FL, AZ, and NC.

Webcam.jpg

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Two used Taylormade M2 fairway woods to match ay Taylormade M1 driver. I'll see if I like them better than my current Areoburner FW woods.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1642540394550.png

Bose QuietComfort earbuds. I didn't actually buy them a gift from my sister for watching their dog when they travel which is quite often to visit their grandkids. Anyone have any experience with these. I want to use them mainly when I walk so I can listen to music on my Android phone.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Sold my AV8802A and purchased Anthem AVM70. After reading reviews, minus the bugs, i pulled the trigger. Got a really good price for the Marantz. Looking forward to tinkering around with ARC, after some firmware upgrades I am sure :eek:

View attachment 53139
Let me know what you think of the anthem!Anthem!! Was looking to pull the trigger on one next month.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Let me know what you think of the anthem!Anthem!! Was looking to pull the trigger on one next month.
I have it connected, but I am still setting up. Side note: the AVM70 Remote control is by far the worst quality I have ever used. I press the volume button and it sticks. LOL I won't be using it after its set up so not a deal breaker lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have it connected, but I am still setting up. Side note: the AVM70 Remote control is by far the worst quality I have ever used. I press the volume button and it sticks. LOL I won't be using it after its set up so not a deal breaker lol
Sure, but why not put some effort into a halfway decent remote? Best one I ever had with any sort of equipment was the one that come with my Kenwood AVR from 1999 or so. It had TONS of built in remote codes for controlling everything under the sun. It was awesome, and RF which wasn't something you ever saw.

That receiver still works...for the most part.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis