What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Preordered. Most entertaining "check your brain at the door" flick I saw this summer :)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just noticed this too (I already own the steelbox of the first three though).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What's the word on those CR-3?

Did you pay $100 for the pair? I see that is what Amazon has them for
http://www.amazon.com/Mackie-CR-CR3-Reference-Multimedia/dp/B00KVEIY4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439843364&sr=8-1&keywords=studio+monitor

In particular, how would these work as a "garage speaker" or a "beater speaker"?

I'm looking for something relatively small that I could set up easily in various locations where I'm working, just background music, and I wouldn't be irritated if they got dirty/greasy. For the price, these seem to fit the bill. What's your opinion on these so far???

Could these plug into my phone (Galaxy S6 Active) with ease?
Did you end up with these?

I don't know how it compares with the Mackies, but the Presonus C3.5BT is available from Adorama for $100 ($90 after rebate). Sells for $183 on Amazon.
You have to use this link, it is an email special:

http://www.adorama.com/PSC35BT.html?emailprice=t

It has nice features including 1/8" aux input in front, RCA and 1/4" inputs, BT, and Sub out.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Also got one of these to tote the speakers:

Adorama has on close out for $25. It is over-kill with moveable Velcro partitions and serious padding. Also room for a tablet or laptop.
http://www.adorama.com/LPNS35LRD.html

Nah, I haven't even had a chance to think about ordering the Mackies yet.

Nice bag, it looks similar to my disc golf caddy bag.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Kew Is that for a desktop setup or travel? Really nice I'm looking for a pair later on for my desktop. For now I'm using a portable bluetooth speaker.:) Nice bag too, Enjoy!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Kew Is that for a desktop setup or travel? Really nice I'm looking for a pair later on for my desktop. For now I'm using a portable bluetooth speaker.:) Nice bag too, Enjoy!
My intention is for travel.
I have been using AudioEngine A5's, but they are a bit on the heavy side for a trip where I have to pack them up every night:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/carrying-case-for-audioengine-a5s.72255/#post-1076754

I will still use the A5's when I go to the beach and spend the week in a condo.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Meat grinder for making my own hamburger. Look forward to trying different mixes of Brisket, Sirloin, Ribeye, Chuck, etc. Should be here Tuesday. It is LEM brand.
upload_2015-8-30_7-37-2.png

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I paid $100 but didn't get them Amazon because they charge sales tax here in WA.

They are too good to be garage speakers or beaters. They don't deserve to get dusty and dirty :D

And yes, you can plug them into your phone no problem. Mackie even supplies the 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable.
Just remember that one of the speakers is powered and need to be plugged into an outlet.
Highly recommended as desktop speakers.
Well, I think I'm sold on the Mackie Creative Refs as my next set of speakers. I want to use them for the garage and for some casual listening in the back yard when the cooler weather gets here.

But, now I can't decide....the 3" woofer of the 4" woofer????

CR3 is $100 and claims FR down to 80Hz.

CR4 is $150 and claims FR down to 70Hz. CR4 is marginally larger ~0.5 x 0.5 x 1" larger. I just can't decide if the extra 10Hz extension is really worth a 50% price increase. Any thoughts on that?

These will likely not be paired with a sub for the most part, maybe paired with a sub every now and then or special occasions.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
10 Bucks new on amazon why not...out of stock when I ordered it but they will honor the price. 3D is suppose to be awesome. :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Meat grinder for making my own hamburger. Look forward to trying different mixes of Brisket, Sirloin, Ribeye, Chuck, etc. Should be here Tuesday. It is LEM brand.
View attachment 16532
Should arrive today. Think first try will be: 6oz sirloin, 5oz brisket and 5oz oxtail. Make 2 half-pounders. Mmmmm!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis