What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I want one, but I am too cheap to buy one, I already have the MyQ internet garage and home door locks, this would be so nice!
Yea, it would definitely go along with that pretty darn well. I was torn between Honeywell and this. Honeywell has a ton more experience making thermostats and they get excellent reviews, but I couldn't resist trying out the nest. Who knew you could be this excited for a thermostat :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just ordered one of these for the Apt.

Congrats. I am looking to replace our ancient (9 years old builder grade) thermostats as well.
Probably not going to go with Google/Nest but with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/ecobee-Thermostat-Heat-2-NON-Touch-Screen/dp/B008F40R4C?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=cameltracker-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B008F40R4C

It's cheaper (often sold for $145) and integrates with SmartThings Hub

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats. I am looking to replace our ancient (9 years old builder grade) thermostats as well.
Probably not going to go with Google/Nest but with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/ecobee-Thermostat-Heat-2-NON-Touch-Screen/dp/B008F40R4C?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=cameltracker-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B008F40R4C

It's cheaper (often sold for $145) and integrates with SmartThings Hub
Ecobee was another brand I was looking at and I've only heard good things about them. I haven't seen that smartthings hub before, that looks pretty cool. I'll have to bookmark that. Part of the reason I got nest was because it'll work with the logitech ultimate home I just got. I'll have to see if the Ultimate home works with any stuff like that smartthings hub.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Just ordered one of these for the Apt.

Early adopter here- works great,but no temp hold function.
That's the magic- you have to get up or open the app to warm up or cool down.
My cool and heat bills have dropped considerably in the last few years as a result.
Wife bitches a bit until she realizes she has more shoe money :)
Cheers, Mac

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Early adopter here- works great,but no temp hold function.
That's the magic- you have to get up or open the app to warm up or cool down.
My cool and heat bills have dropped considerably in the last few years as a result.
Wife bitches a bit until she realizes she has more shoe money :)
Cheers, Mac
That's good to hear. How well does the "learn" function work and how long until it kicks in?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
That's good to hear. How well does the "learn" function work and how long until it kicks in?
Starts learning right away-takes a week or so to get smart.
You can adjust schedule manually as well-turn phone to landscape to view schedule
image.jpg

Just touch the temp u want to adjust and scroll up to change:)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ecobee was another brand I was looking at and I've only heard good things about them. I haven't seen that smartthings hub before, that looks pretty cool. I'll have to bookmark that. Part of the reason I got nest was because it'll work with the logitech ultimate home I just got. I'll have to see if the Ultimate home works with any stuff like that smartthings hub.
I don't have much smart stuff yet, besides wave-z Schlage lock, Ecobee would 2nd and probably family room Comfy Tilt RTS with additional $300 gateway later one. Another use for SmartThings it should integrate with retrofitting doors with MyQ.
http://community.smartthings.com/t/myq-garage-door-device-type/2307

What I like about Smarthings is existing integration with ifttt. With some smart choices I believe the savings on cooling & heating could be improved even further

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
On sale at amazon for $14.00 2 CD's and Concert film on Blu-ray.:eek:

2 Surge protector 9 bucks each. Both in black 1200 Joules.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't have much smart stuff yet, besides wave-z Schlage lock, Ecobee would 2nd and probably family room Comfy Tilt RTS with additional $300 gateway later one. Another use for SmartThings it should integrate with retrofitting doors with MyQ.
http://community.smartthings.com/t/myq-garage-door-device-type/2307

What I like about Smarthings is existing integration with ifttt. With some smart choices I believe the savings on cooling & heating could be improved even further
I'm curious to see how the Harmony hub extender stacks up against the smart things hub when it comes out.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Boston Acoustic A2310HTS 5.1 system. Will post pictures of the new system in the new apartment soon.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
And speaking about smart-home stuff. I took a plunge and ordered smart-things hub on amazon. Caught on $92 sale

Last edited:
Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I got tired of network issues with my Denon E300 (I had a Marantz 6008 with the same issues) so today I ordered a Yamaha Aventage RX-A830 receiver.
I chose the 830 over the 730 because of the 7.1 preamp otputs. Planning to add a 3 channel amp in the future. $450 shipped from accessories4less is a decent deal.
It seems like Yamaha has a better reliability record than D&M, Onkyo, and Pioneer.
It should get here by Saturday. I hope I made the right decision.

B

bridge

Enthusiast
Went big for the Super Bowl, picked up an LG 65UB9500.

65", 4k, nice TV, really nice picture.

Next I'm thinking I'll upgrade the front end speakers to towers:) to match

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis