What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I ordered this from Amazon two weeks ago and found it sitting in my mailbox yesterday..

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I just picked up a set of Yamaha NS1000m speakers for my 2 channel rig. Not new of course but in great condition and they sound fantastic.

R

rolldog

Audiophyte
Based on other Audioholic users, I've just bought (received it today 3/21) a Logitech Harmony 650 "universal" remote. Have already had to call their Customer support, found out the supplied USB cable was defective. Luckily I had a spare one on hand. Even though the package says it works with Intel based Mac OS X 10.6 or later, the support person said ' it works on "some" Macs but not others. :mad: At least I was able to add one "activity", now I'll slug it out and try to add more. At least the clear plastic blister package was easy to open and didn't slice my fingers to shreds. :D I suppose their are legalities involved, otherwise these "universal" remote makers could provide a product that 100% mimics all the remotes they brag about in their literature. :rolleyes:
I bought the Logitech Harmony Elite, I forgot what number it was, but I returned it about 3 days after buying it. I figured since Control4 released modules that cover different sections of the home, I can now get a fully functional Control4 system setup in the living room where my Av equipment is for $600. Then, after I remodel the house, I can expand it throughout the rest of the house. The only thing I'll miss are the nice looking icons on the display of the remote, but at least it will function like it's supposed to. I've never had any problems with a Control4 system, however, my Logitech Harmony Elite worked fine for one device, but when I started adding lights, thermostats, etc in addition to my Av equipment, the hub would reboot fairly often.

J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
What "one more piece" is that?

And who are you trying to kid with "finish"? This is more addictive than crack and you will never "finish."
Ha! You got that right. There is no finish line.

My one more piece is a lower model Oppo (93 or 95). I won't be using it for video, but want to put all my digital stuff (AAC and HDTracks) on a hard drive and use the Oppo app to play them. Would also provide a means to get into DVD Audio.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So where are you going to live after they arrive?
Still working on that. They're 21" drivers, I need to consult the monkey on how to hide them in plain sight. He did manage to hide that big silver amp for months before his lady noticed.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Still working on that. They're 21" drivers, I need to consult the monkey on how to hide them in plain sight. He did manage to hide that big silver amp for months before his lady noticed.
Build the subs in the size and shape of a large doghouse.....then you have your doghouse ready to go!

If you are gonna be in the doghouse, at least make it a NICE doghouse. :p

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
Not any audio or video equipment this time either but photos and food.
Picked up one like this while visiting some friends in Stockholm, Sweden.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886586-REG/Paterson_Universal_Tank_with_Two.html
Developing tank that takes two rolls of 135-film since I'm using my dad's old Canon AE-1 program and B&W film. Looking to buy a used enlarging machine so I can also make my own B/W prints at home also :) remembering my childhood times with my dad in the darkroom 35 years ago, I guess he will be with me in the darkroom when I get it up and running showing how he used to do :).

On the food side:
http://www.amazon.de/Weber-Thermometer-Original-digital-Fleisch-Thermometer/dp/B00QSH9FVE
Seems to be a european only Weber BBQ thermometer and then I'm hoping this summer will be better so I can use my Weber smokey mountain more this summer than last year.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Last week I decided to put together a bargain basement 5.1 system in my guest room, currently occupied by my adult daughter. The room already had a 32" Samsung Smart TV, a BluRay player and cable TV service.

First thing I grabbed was the pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE bookshelf speakers off Craigslist for $80, next day a BIC Fantom-12 sub also from CL for $120. I already had rear surrounds, a pair of Infinity SS-1000 that I've had for at least 8 years. Here's the sub:

After a failed attempt at getting a 5.1 receiver with HDMI in/outs off CL on Friday, yesterday I hit two local Best Buy and at the second one took home a Pioneer VSX-530K for $212.50 (incl. tax), an open box special.

Today I went to my dealer to return the snake oil Nordost Purple Flair speaker cables I was testing (fail) and asked if they might have a small, used center speaker kicking around. Came home with a like new Martin Logan Motion C for $99 (no tax in NH.)

So now I went over my $500 budget by $11.50, but at least I have a warranty on the most electronically fragile part of it, the receiver. I've only played it in 2.1 and 4.1 so far and it sounds really pretty good in stereo. I'll install the center tomorrow and dial it all in. The CBM-170SE speakers were a nice surprise with how good they sound. Not going to beat my KEF but for now my daughter is happy, as will future guests.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE bookshelf speakers off Craigslist for $80

The CBM-170SE speakers were a nice surprise with how good they sound.

Great speakers for their new price and a steal at $80. Good job!:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm no crossfitter but I needed a good pair of workout shoes because as much as I love the Nike Free's, they're just not durable enough as a gym shoe. Took advantage of an outlet sale at Reebok so I got the woman and myself a pair.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
CD: The Essential Van Morrison
DVD: "Cry Wolf" (1947, Errol Flynn, Barbara Stanwyck)
DVD: "5 Fingers" (1952, James Mason, Danielle Darrieux, Michael Rennie)
Blu-Ray: "The Fly" (1958, Vincent Price) in color. seemed much scarier when I first saw it as a kid, on black&white TV!
Vinyl LP: "Walls and Bridges" John Lennon, on 180 gram vinyl re-issue 2015
Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That's a REALLY nice purchase, Jaybeez! You managed to choose a couple of items that add up to about the most effective $2K anyone could spend for a high quality DAC and outstanding speakers. Good job!

What amp and source will you be mating to those?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis