What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Got a WD 4TB external drive from Sams Club. Ordered it online instead of store and cost me 10.00 less. Even with tax and shipping.. I needed more room.

Attachments

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Just received my HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP!!! OMG it makes my old sub look like it's baby LOL. Also got a Monoprice power conditioner.. I know its just a fancy surge protector but I like that all the plugs are not on the ground now.
The Box.JPG
Saftey Tip.JPG
Inside the Box.JPG
92901.jpg

trog69

trog69

Audiophyte
trog69

trog69

Audiophyte
Good morning. My newest toy is an upgrade. See, I've never had a sub before except for the small 6.5" ones in the Klipsch 2.1 and 4.2 Pro-Media powered systems that were great for gaming, but not so much for music.

My first "real" subwoofer was a Polk Audio PSW505, and the hyper mid-bass freq. made my blues and gaming sound great. But I could tell that the true bass sound was muddled and bloated. So I took the plunge and purchased the SVS PB-1000. In this tiny bedroom I use for PC gaming/music/dog lounge, it was incredible. So much great bass sound; I finally got to hear the bass player almost as clearly as the lead guitar!

So, having to save for a couple of months, I took advantage of SVS' 1-year upgrade option and am now thoroughly enjoying the massive and masterful bass from the PB-2000.

I also have two new toys for PC gaming. First I got a great deal on a Crossover 2560x1440 monitor, and the colors, the brilliant details, etc. made me hug myself with joy. Knowing that my EVGA 680ftw card would chug on graphics-heavy games at that resolution, I installed it into my granddaughter's rig, and got myself an EVGA 780 card. It's only 3gb vs 4gb on the 680, but I have no issues with games, even with them heavily modded I get smooth gameplay and extremely cool temps, mostly due to their proprietary ACX cooling.

I have a very large desktop, so I have two sets of bookshelf speakers, ( B&W 601se/KEF C-40 dual 8" driver mini-towers) and the PB-2000 sub, hooked to a cheapo refurbished Sony 7.1ch. receiver, with the PC as music storage/replay. I'm looking out for a nice, two-channel integrated amp, because I don't need surround in here.

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
No new stuff today but some old stuff.
Some old vinyls.
B.B. King In London, 1971
Deep Purple Made in Japan, 1972
Rainbow Rising, 1976
B.B. King Live at San Quentin, 1990

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered one of these a couple days ago used for $65 shipped. It should arrive tomorrow:

It's supposed to record my TV's EDID info, and supply it to my HTPC constantly regardless of whether my TV or receiver are on, asleep, on a different source input, whatever. The PC will think the display is continuously connected, and therefore won't resize the video output or disconnect the audio. Reviews are almost entirely positive. I'm optimistic.

Edit: It arrived a day early. So far it works exactly as promised. Connection took about 5 minutes (including reading the manual until I got bored), and tests confirm my PC display output does not change regardless of source changes or power state of the other gadgets in the chain. Win!

Last edited:
jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Needed a new camera for the Hawaii vacation with the wife in July
Read some reviews and decided on one of these

and ordered my Cocktail Ottoman for the living room

With that the second sub woofer gets pushed back a few more months... Where are my priorities??!!!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
JC Nice camera. Have a safe trip.
Always wanted this movie. Zoe is badass in this one. Saw it once and really liked it. Only 5 bucks on AMZ + never saw the unrated version:

Had to re-order this today. Think fedex lost it. Got a refund Yay.

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Treasure!!!
Found this at an estate sate today for 5 dollars!!! It was totally perfect to replace the Lepai that I have running my overnight sensations right now. It is a NAD 7225PE

Hooked it up to my PC and works flawlessly... totally stoked, just gotta do my critical listening tests now.
5 dollars they practically gave it to me . :)

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Just got this today..... Chemex 8 cup coffee maker,
img46f.jpg
Best cup of coffee you'll every have.
And that link, afterlife to the Supertramp Blu is at Amazon. It is DTS-HD 2.0 or Dolby True HD 2.0 or LCPM 2.0 but no surround sound. But it sounds sooo sweet. All kinds of things you never heard before... well to me anyways.

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Also wanted to mention that I also got Frozen 3D and Monsters U 3D from amazon.co.uk. They were part of a BOGO sale and got them for 32.00 total. Region Free also. Loving them.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Time for a different budget speaker - since some are buying Micca,
I decided to try something different.

Stellar Labs bookshelf (5" woofer) - said to be 11 inches deep
with 5/8 inch cabinet. Not bad for the price.

Speakers originally made for MCM Electronics

Ebay seller wanted $84 with free shipping - I offered $75 and he
countered with $79.:cool:

Will report back, regardless of how they sound - however, maybe
some thought went into it - since they laid the tweeter on top of
the woofer, maybe to help with a simple crossover - crossover is
stated to be 12 db octave (2nd order).

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
They look a bit like the Micca's. Looking forward to the review Z. Looks like you will be the first one to review them. I wonder how they compare to these? :D

Look JG.:cool: Bought this used on the bay $10.33 shipped:

Now waiting to get a good deal on Resident Evil: Retribution Blu-ray 3D.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They look a bit like the Micca's. Looking forward to the review Z. Looks like you will be the first one to review them. I wonder how they compare to these? :D
I am sort of thinking that the MB Quart has no chance of beating
the Stellar Labs speakers.:D

However, out of curiosity I may still do a shoot out.:)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
tcarcio said:
Just bought a new pair of theater seats from Roman at Ultimate Home Theater. They will be delivered tomorrow. These are what I got.... http://www.rtheaters.com/FusionCollection/FC-Streamline-1017.html
I bought my ht seats from Roman several years ago. Excellent prices and excellent communication. The freight company he used for my seats only offered delivery to the garage, but I tipped the driver 20 bucks and he helped me move them to my tv room.

Anyway, those seats you got are beautiful. Congrats!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis