What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
3D always makes a bad film a watchlble one, well that's what they say.:) Looking forward to your opinion on the Micca's.
Resident Evil Afterlife. Meh movie, but the 3D version is AWESOME, and a must own for you :D

Anyone else notice that Micca is also offering an ACTIVE version of the MB42X called the PB42X?

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Resident Evil Afterlife. Meh movie, but the 3D version is AWESOME, and a must own for you :D
I do want it, but price is always high for Afterlife. Not really high on my list but if I find it cheap then yes. :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
And..... ATLAudio is joining the list of my AH "celebrities" also called ignore list.....

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I have a chance to buy a used Yamaha RX-V1500 (before HDMI) for around $100 to replace my Technics in my 2nd system because I need more inputs. I know buying something without HDMI isn't generally a good idea but I have the following considerations;
1) any dvd player I will get to replace the combo dvd/vhs player will be another combo player. I've never seen them with HDMI nor have I seen a combo bluray/vhs combo player.
2) if I decide to forgo the combo player and just get a bluray player, I will be able to connect teh HDMI output to the display (assuming the old 32" CRT kicks the bucket) and use either an optical or coax output which still is available on some bluray models. I know it won't be lossless but its a secondary system and I will never have optimal speaker placement anyway.

I like this post for a few reasons. first and foremost the cost 100.00 when the average cost used in fair condition is 250.00. I think it is a great price for a unit that boasts 120 watts per channel , still utilizes the YPAO for room correction and calibrating and at one time ran about 850.00 to 999.00 msrp , if the condition is just a bit above fair/good then it should be a welcome addition for your second system. I have really noticed a different sound from the Yamaha I just picked up , it is somewhat more laid back and warm sounding when compared to my Pioneer , the Pioneer is like a Rock Star on tour and the Yamaha is more refined like a one man band in a small corner bar with great acoustics. Go for it you can't go wrong.
The whole HDMI deal is all just a small work around , you can make this puppy sing without those connections and like you said just use the HDMI for PQ to the monitor.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I picked up a used Parasound zDAC for my office system. After I sold my XDA-1 I had to bring in my HRT from home which was pulled form the theater system. I know it is over kill but I've been busting my butt lately with work and thought I deserved a new toy.

Now I need to order some balanced cables from monoprice. I also need a mono trigger cable for the amp but I refuse to pay 15 bucks at ratshack (no wonder they are done). Cannot believe monoprice does not have a 3.5mm mono cable.o_O

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up a used Parasound zDAC for my office system. After I sold my XDA-1 I had to bring in my HRT from home which was pulled form the theater system. I know it is over kill but I've been busting my butt lately with work and thought I deserved a new toy.

Now I need to order some balanced cables from monoprice. I also need a mono trigger cable for the amp but I refuse to pay 15 bucks at ratshack (no wonder they are done). Cannot believe monoprice does not have a 3.5mm mono cable.o_O
Self reward is important

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Used late 2013 Macbook Pro 13" with retina display, 8GB and 256GB SSD. Will probably triple boot OSX, Win 8.1, and Linux Mint.
The Macbooks are just too nice compared to other laptops. Now I will no longer envy my wife's Macbook :D

Sould get here tomorrow. I am excited :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
@3db

There's nothing wrong with that AVR, it's many bounds better than the Technics and in order to get something of equal quality with HDMI is going to cost at minimum 3 times the price in the used market and even more new.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@3db

There's nothing wrong with that AVR, it's many bounds better than the Technics and in order to get something of equal quality with HDMI is going to cost at minimum 3 times the price in the used market and even more new.
Also, TLSGuy recommended an audio to HDMI converter that went for something like $60.
(I hate to be so un-specific, but I really don't remember search terms to find the thread).

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Also, TLSGuy recommended an audio to HDMI converter that went for something like $60.
(I hate to be so un-specific, but I really don't remember search terms to find the thread).
That could be handy, I may have use for such a device.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked it up last night. Its in pristine condition used as a stereo receiver driving a pair of Energy towers. The owner was in in his early 60s I would say. I'm so excited. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a huge fan of ear buds for the gym (now that I finally have a little time to go every once in awhile). My old Beats keep falling off, since they don't clamp hard enough anymore, so I thought I'd give these a try.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
From Amazon BD sale:
Love her voice and only 4 bucks New. :)

Have the first one, so...

Used CD: She does a nice cover of a Metallica song + her vocal skills. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One of my favorites. Since it was among those stolen, even though I know the transfer isn't good, I still had to pick it up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis