What Beer are you Drinking Tonight?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not a wine drinker, AT ALL. But this is a semi sweet red that I find myself finishing the bottle on. FYI, you still have a banger headache the next day...
Not really a sweet wine fan....just more about the name for when someone peeks into the cabinet, if I can find it here :) I like wine, mostly reds, but just don't keep up with it, but mostly its about with particular food or company rather than something I'd just do for myself, where beer and good whiskey are far more preferred.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Drinking some Yuengling Flights today watching the College Football bowl games.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Enjoying another of our local pilsners, this from Parliament.
Admittedly it may be my least favorite, not because there is anything wrong with it. Rather it is brewed pretty solidly, just doesn’t stand out among the others where a unique hop profile or malt character is a standout quality.
On tap in a bar or restaurant it would be a no-brainer to order up a pint and enjoy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Still easily my favorite (below) though lets be honest: I haven't tried that many different beers. I saw a double brown somethingorother, and the Leine's dark lager looks a maybe but by 12 pk haven't jumped. I use to be sweet (cider) and light (not that "lite" but like white ale, Lonely Blonde etc.) Now it's more dark. Although tap is much different-- Angry Orchard is unreal IMO, and Blue Moon with an orange slice. I also liked the Sam Adams Winter Ale on tap real well. Can sucked. Alaskan Amber in the can or tap is probably my second favorite. I've had Fat Tire too. For SB I'm going to a bar with around 80 beers. I'll probably go with the wheat blueberry again and after that not sure. I'm sure I'll be drunk by gametime LOL.
1707264257022.png

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Keystone light a cheaper alternative to Coors light with similar taste.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
ShaKa has a new one, on tap only, the last few weeks. It is and interesting one: a light beer, 4.5% and a bit pale looking but VERY flavorful. I start out with this one now. Hoping they will get it into cans soon.

A local taproom says they will have Pliny the Younger on tap next week. Likely to go get some of that! It is only available until it is gone every year.

Pliny the Younger, The Beer:

This is the 20th Anniversary of brewing Pliny the Younger! It is a Triple IPA, meaning that it is higher in alcohol and has tons of hops. Though the ABV usually finishes at about 10.25%, it is remarkably dry for the amount of malt used in this recipe. Loaded with hop aroma and flavor, Younger is well-balanced with malt and a lingering dry and bitter finish. We brewed Younger for the first time in 2005 as a winter seasonal release, building upon the Pliny the Elder recipe while pushing the envelope with malt, hops, and alcohol just to see how far we could go. Fun fact: Younger has always been at least double dry-hopped (some years even quadruple dry-hopped!) long before DDH became a “thing”!

A

ab17182

Enthusiast
Tonight, I'm sipping on a crisp IPA from a local brewery.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Back to Natty light similar taste to Mich Ultra but much cheaper. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Went to ShaKa tonight (it is like 2 mi away from work lol) and they had a brand new beer on tap for the first time. Crows on Wolfe - a Black IPA, which was really interesting. It starts out like a stout, but instead of being chocolatey, it finishes hoppy like an IPA. It was really good.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Went to ShaKa tonight (it is like 2 mi away from work lol) and they had a brand new beer on tap for the first time. Crows on Wolfe - a Black IPA, which was really interesting. It starts out like a stout, but instead of being chocolatey, it finishes hoppy like an IPA. It was really good.
I’ve had a couple Black IPAs that were well done. Most… not so much. ;)
It’s about getting that balance between hop bitterness and roasted malt astringency. Too many brewers rely on them in too high a quantity of the mash bill. For a black ipa the color is the main component desired.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Walking over to the local Cantina Louies tonight so that means Mich Ultra. Only Dos Equis on tap and I don't particularly like that. Anyway, the bartenders are cute, young and friendly. (and female) :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis