What are you watching tonight?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just saw "The Maze Runner " decent plot and story, great visuals and pretty good sound. Overall I liked it and look forward to the sequal/series.
Saw it yesterday. My 2c - skip it. Also make sure to watch it in tightly light control environment - most of sfx happens in the dark
The story is very very weak and full of logic holes.
Disregard overall IMDB rating and look for users reviews from males 30-45 age group.
You'll see what I am talking about.

NYTimes does a great job with the movie summary:
Whatever cataclysm has ailed society has inspired the cinematographer to bathe everything in bluish gray. The Grievers’ limbs tumble over one another in an indistinct mash of menace. The dime store explanations are unsatisfying, but the movie does its main job: raising curiosity for a sequel. Problem solved.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
30-45 age group
In not in that demographic, which I guess is why the plot holes didn't bother me. :p :D

Then again I did watch Divergent a night or two before I saw this and anything with fewer plot holes than that would have been great.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
In not in that demographic, which I guess is why the plot holes didn't bother me. :p :D

Then again I did watch Divergent a night or two before I saw this and anything with fewer plot holes than that would have been great.
I guess I'm not the demographic for such movies :), thou Hunger games was marginally better (aka about 3/10 )

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I guess I'm not the demographic for such movies :), thou Hunger games was marginally better (aka about 3/10 )
I think all these new pre-teen/teen movies that they're coming out with are pretty terrible story wise. Then again, I look at many of the kids and I can see why the movies are what they are. Half of these movies aren't even seen because they're on their phones. So all the movie producers and directors are trying to do is flash enough lights at them to get them to look up once in awhile.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I find it harder and harder to watch most movies these days. That's why I probably what about 90% TV shows and 10% movies.

Or maybe it's 95% TV shows and 5% movies. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Cowboy verses Aliens last on BluRay which I picked up Tues/Wed evening last week in the cheap bin. I saw it in the theater and liked it but not enough to buy it near full price when it came out. :p

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Cowboy verses Aliens last on BluRay which I picked up Tues/Wed evening last week in the cheap bin. I saw it in the theater and liked it but not enough to buy it near full price when it came out. :p
I saw it pretty cheap at Amazon recently and was wondering whether it was worth a blind buy. I guess you answered my question. If it's cheap the next time I'm stocking up, I'll get it.

Jim

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I just got both versions of Iron Sky, the theatrical and Director's Cut. I watched the theatrical version last night. I wanted to refresh my memory so I'll know what the differences are when I watch the DC. Will probably get to that later in the week.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just got both versions of Iron Sky, the theatrical and Director's Cut. I watched the theatrical version last night. I wanted to refresh my memory so I'll know what the differences are when I watch the DC. Will probably get to that later in the week.
I thought it a fun flick with some good laughs and semi cheezy visual effects. I justt may watch this tonight

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I only "tested" 15 minutes of "The Maze Runner" and I can say the BASS is STRONG with this one. :)

After finishing "The Americans" s01-s02, I am now on "Banshee" s01e06.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finished all episodes of "Banshee" s01 last night. That is a great exciting show.

Tonight should be American Horror Story s04e08 and Arrow s03e08.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Stephen King's "A Good Marriage" last night. The wife liked it. :)

We watched about 15 minutes of "Call the Midwife" s01e01 and my wife said to turn it off because it was TOO BORING. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I Frankenstein B- Great looking movie, but a bit lacking in pacing and story.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sin City, A Dame to Die For...Rented it.. Weird enough to keep my attention but that's about it. I won't be watching this one again any time soon.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Edge of Tomorrow last night via Redbox. Damn good sound. Movie was pretty good, better than Oblivion IMO, which also had great sound. I will probably pick this one up too when it hits a good price again

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Edge of Tomorrow last night via Redbox. Damn good sound. Movie was pretty good, better than Oblivion IMO, which also had great sound. I will probably pick this one up too when it hits a good price again
Yeah, I love "Edge of Tomorrow". Definitely my favorite Tom Cruise movie.

I also liked "Oblivion". Good stuff.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, finished "Banshee" s02 last night. Can't wait for s03 to come out Jan 9. :)

Looks like "Lost Girl" s05, which is also the FINAL season, is underway. I'll probably do a marathon of "Lost Girl" s04 & s05 once the series finale airs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes. Finally the Arrow (s03e08) has a Kevlar suit. :)

And I think it's supposed to be about 25% lighter than his current/old suit.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis