What are you watching tonight?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
First: Huge Thumbs Up for "The Wire"

Ok, Saw two movies today

a) Divergent - Just like bad copy of hunger games, but more boring and makes even less sense - skip it
b) Cap't Amurika - Der Winter Soldat - Actually not bad at all - great FX and decent acting - Worth Rent for sure and not too shabby for add this one to the collection
c) The Zero Theorem (2013) - If you loved Brazil - you would love this movie. Very unusual, dark and similar in style to Brazil/Dark City. Outstanding Acting

Back to TV:
Longmire - great end of season 3 - really good show.
Suits just ended season 4. I haven't seen last ep) but so far the season is becoming much for soapy and it's very disappointing.
True Detective - If you haven't seen - do yourself a big favor - get it and watch it - ABSOLUTE GEM !!!
Half and Catch fire - Not bad story and great acting, but starting to have more "drama/soap" than I would prefer to have in show about PC history :)

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Watched "About Time" tonight. GF wanted to see it so we redboxed it and it was a bit different than I thought it would be. Ended up really enjoying it, albeit for the bits that really made me miss my Dad. Not a bad flick I think, with the right amount of touchy feely stuff combined with the comedic breaks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
First: Huge Thumbs Up for "The Wire"

Ok, Saw two movies today

a) Divergent - Just like bad copy of hunger games, but more boring and makes even less sense - skip it
b) Cap't Amurika - Der Winter Soldat - Actually not bad at all - great FX and decent acting - Worth Rent for sure and not too shabby for add this one to the collection
c) The Zero Theorem (2013) - If you loved Brazil - you would love this movie. Very unusual, dark and similar in style to Brazil/Dark City. Outstanding Acting

Back to TV:
Longmire - great end of season 3 - really good show.
Suits just ended season 4. I haven't seen last ep) but so far the season is becoming much for soapy and it's very disappointing.
True Detective - If you haven't seen - do yourself a big favor - get it and watch it - ABSOLUTE GEM !!!
Half and Catch fire - Not bad story and great acting, but starting to have more "drama/soap" than I would prefer to have in show about PC history :)
I tried a few episodes of "Longmire" and "Suits" a while back. They never grew on me after about 3 or 4 shows each. So I quit watching them. I have both "True Detectives" & "Halt & Catch Fire" on my HDD. Also have "Zero Theorem" on HDD. But haven't watched those. Too many good stuffs. Thank you, XBMC. ;) :D

I actually liked "Divergent" better than "Hunger Games" because the thought of people (especially kids) killing each other for sport in "Hunger Games" abhors me. :D

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
For sure another vote for "True Detectives" here... that show is one of my favorites watched this year. So good to have Matthew McConaughey (s/p?) actually acting, he was in those aweful chick flicks for a while. Woody Harrelson is frickin' awesome too.

Anyone watch Orange is the New Black? I have seasons 1 and 2, was going to start that tonight actually...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
For sure another vote for "True Detectives" here... that show is one of my favorites watched this year. So good to have Matthew McConaughey (s/p?) actually acting, he was in those aweful chick flicks for a while. Woody Harrelson is frickin' awesome too.

Anyone watch Orange is the New Black? I have seasons 1 and 2, was going to start that tonight actually...
Amen, Who knew McConaughey could act? :D

Orange is new black - I tried to watch S01e01 - but it didn't do much for me so it's indefinitely postponed in my VERY long TV shows queue

Cosmos a Spacetime Odyssey - Freaking brilliant !!! A must watch for anyone with at least half brain :)

finished Banshee - pretty good show - I hope they would renew it for 10 more seasons and same goes for Da Vinci's Demons

Still in my queue: The Bridge (2011) - the original European version, House of Cards and The Killing

So many great TV, so little time

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, Cosmos is awesome! Hopefully it peaks some young peoples interest and we get more scientists in the works! We need it heh.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Orange is new black - I tried to watch S01e01 - but it didn't do much for me so it's indefinitely postponed in my VERY long TV shows queue
finished Banshee - pretty good show - I hope they would renew it for 10 more seasons and same goes for Da Vinci's Demons
Still in my queue: The Bridge (2011) - the original European version, House of Cards and The Killing
I didn't care for "Orange is the New Black" either. I watched 3 episodes, which I think is fair enough. :D
Have not seen "Banshee" or "Da Vinci", but have on HDD.
I liked e01 of "The Bridge". Will continue some time in future, along with "Rectify" and a million other great shows - no time to watch. :D

I thought "House of Cards" and "The Killing" are fantastic.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I watched the first season of the Killing and disliked it. The gimmick is irritating, every show about a red herring; is that theme continued in further seasons? Also to make the entire season about the investigation of the death of a teenage girl is a bit too Twin Peaks for me, except it did not have the great atmosphere and characters of Twin Peaks. I liked House of Cards and Orange is the New Black, but am not madly in love with either. True Detective is definitely on my watch list, heard a lot of great things about it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, Time to drop some classics on ya'all:
Inspector Morse - not very popular show in US, nor easy to get into - S01E01 certainly doesn't help to be one of most boring episodes ever.
That said - Morse is one of my ALL TIME most favorite shows. Just give it some time and it will grow on you

and
Endeavour - it's the prequel for Morse - overall not bad at all, but lacks the sarcasm and humor of the original.

Speaking of British detective shows - one can't not to mention works of Agatha Christie's - Poirot and Miss Marple - both top notch show - to the point David Suchet is dutch national hero
Foyles War - another one - same deal as with Morse - it's not rushed, takes a bit to get into, but again - top notch show

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched the first season of the Killing and disliked it. The gimmick is irritating, every show about a red herring; is that theme continued in further seasons? Also to make the entire season about the investigation of the death of a teenage girl is a bit too Twin Peaks for me, except it did not have the great atmosphere and characters of Twin Peaks.
I'm on s01e03 of Twin Peaks. So far I like Twin Peaks and will continue to watch. But so far The Killing seems more interesting and exciting to me. I like the characters of The Killing more than Twin Peaks, which seems to have a lot of annoying teenagers and their soap opera. The Killing seems a lot darker and less soap opera to me - my taste. :D

I am on s01e07 of The Wire. Definitely grew on me. I am liking it much. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Keep in mind, the soapy stuff in Twin Peaks is supposed to be a bit over the top, like a caricature of daytime TV. The melodrama is thick but in a satirical way. Everyone is having an affair with everyone else. There is a level of seriousness and also a level of parody, much like Blue Velvet.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Talk about Twin Peaks, another weird show HBO series The Leftovers. It's good but don't ask me what it's about lol. I like it so far...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A good, odd ball show which was canceled too soon was Carnivale. Its worth watching but, sadly, ends abruptly. It's an involving show, especially the second season.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Wasn't feeling good yesterday, so I'm on episode 6 of Orange is the New Black. It's not bad, although I've been 'calling' the outcome of things. I still don't feel well, so, probably will watch more today.

Can for sure tell its the same writer as Weed's from the dialogue. Marie Louise Parker did a much better job at delivering the sarcastic humor than whomever plays the Piper.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A good, odd ball show which was canceled too soon was Carnivale. Its worth watching but, sadly, ends abruptly. It's an involving show, especially the second season.
Oh, man, I totally loved that show! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can for sure tell its the same writer as Weed's from the dialogue. Marie Louise Parker did a much better job at delivering the sarcastic humor than whomever plays the Piper.
I tried about a dozen times to get into "Weed". I watched about 4 episodes total. Never clicked with me. I was hoping it would grow on me.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Expendables 3. I've had this movie for about a month now and I am finally gonna watch it.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I thought Expendables 3 isn't even released in theaters until August 15, 2014?
I know somebody in the industry that I can get movies before they even come out in theaters. Also CD's from Artist, most of them that I have no interest in. Had The new Purge for a while too but with my working schedule I don't watch too many movies. Didn't get more then about 15 minutes into the movie last night and fell asleep. Wife said it was good. The beginning with the train running into the prison (or what ever that building was) and the helicopter scene has some great sound effects. This movie must have cost a fortune with all the major stars in it. Arnold comes in about 10-15 minutes after the movie starts and that's about as far as I went.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know somebody in the industry that I can get movies before they even come out in theaters. Also CD's from Artist, most of them that I have no interest in. Had The new Purge for a while too but with my working schedule I don't watch too many movies. Didn't get more then about 15 minutes into the movie last night and fell asleep. Wife said it was good. The beginning with the train running into the prison (or what ever that building was) and the helicopter scene has some great sound effects. This movie must have cost a fortune with all the major stars in it. Arnold comes in about 10-15 minutes after the movie starts and that's about as far as I went.
Oh, yeah, forgot about your connections. :D

The only reason I watch any of the Expendables movies is to see all the stars on the same screen. The story is pure crap. Actually there is no story to any of these movies. It's just a get-together party. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis