We Interviewed Legacy Audio about topics on Room correction, EQ, DSP and More

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We sat down with Legacy Chief Engineer Bill Dudleston to discuss the impacts of room correction, EQ and DSP processing on loudspeakers. Bill gives tips on how to setup a fullrange multi-channel system that also includes dedicated powered subwoofers. He talks about the benefits of fullrange speakers and the need for having lots of cone area to properly produce undistorted and uncompressed dynamics lower midrange and bass frequencies. We discuss various Room correction systems and Bill hints at a few of his favorites.

What do you think about Room Correction? Do you EQ your system? Share your thoughts in this thread.

Discuss "Legacy Audio Interview: Room Correction, DSP & EQ Processing of Loudspeaker Systems" here. Read the article.

jinjuku

jinjuku

"When using side subwoofers, I love to phase them in quadrature; leading 45 degrees on the left and lagging 45 degrees on the right. This reduces the intensity of axial resonance measurably."

I will have to try this when I get a 2nd sub in place. What is the difference between the 45/45 and 90/0? Unfortunately I won't be running mine L/R as a default.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Never Mind the 45/45 vs 90/0 quesiton. It just dawned on me that it's relational (time aligned?) to the Mains.

BTW thanks for the interview. Very informative, balanced. I love AH.

Last edited:
internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
The Legacy Whisper used as graphic is simply massive. You can't do it justice in a photo. I also checked out Dirac, which he mentioned and this looks like a really interesting solution as it addresses the sound on all the media you're serving from your computer. It would be interesting to try Dirac on a media server and then A/B it vs some of the other products out there. It appears to be pretty granular in how it handles the time domain.

P

prerich

Audioholic Intern
Old topic, I know....but I wonder what Bill would say to Multeq-X and it's capabilities? Could you per say, remove the aging Step One processor in a vintage Whisper system and only use MultEQ-X (especially since that particular processor only provided a Q adjustment for the bass drivers)?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis